• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

:o:o:o Just went up in most cases by astronomic nominal amounts. :insane:

I am sure some of you got this email today from his wife Kara who usually handles Tony's website and sales of his original art.

Hi All,

I apologize for the mass spam email, but I am just writing to let you know that the Tony Moore art for sale gallery is online!

You can now browse through all of the pages we have for sale online. This list is FINALLY up to date. If you have any questions regarding a page or price, please do not hesitate to email me (Kara) and ask! I will be adding new pages daily. Including, but not limited to, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Battle Pope, Brit, and more!

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE GALLERY!

If that link doesn't work you can always copy and paste this into your browser.

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=15

Please note that we do NOT ship outside of the US. ( Even if I have shipped to you before, don't even ask, I will say no.)

Thanks everyone!

Kara

At first I was so excited cause I thought it was time to finally own a piece of Tony Moore's OA cause I know some of it sold years ago to other collectors.

I emailed Kara about the pricing, and she replied:

Hi John,

Prices for The Walking Dead pages generally range from about $1000 and up.

If you have a question on a certain page, please let me know!

Thanks!

Kara

Which makes sense because when I emailed her about a year ago that was the price range she said, however back then the OA was for sale, but not on the website. Back then she just emailed me the pages that were available with the asking price for each just no scans of them. They ranged from $800-2000 which was a little expensive, but none the less I said okay etc.

I thought great now all of Tony's Walking Dead original art that he has is now up for sale officially with scans of each page, but yet again no price tag on any of them.

I choose these pieces of OA and emailed them to Kare asking for the prices for each.

Hey Kara,

These are the ones I would be interested in possibly buying.......

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=60

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=138

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=177

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=24

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=69

Please may I have a price for each piece of awesome OA. :)

many thanks,

John

Kara emailed me back with the new Post TV-Show "New" Prices:

Hey John,

Here are the prices for the pages you requested.

Thanks a bunch!

Kara

WD Issue 1 page 3 - 4,000.00

WD Issue 2 page 14 - 8,000.00

WD Issue 3 page 20 - 10,000.00

WD Issue 4 page 13 - 12,000.00

WD Issue 1 page 8 - 5,000.00

WD Issue 2 page 18 - 6,500.00

.........................honestly I was floored.

I did reply back after reading word of the prices, and said basically these prices are in line with Jack Kirby OA.

Tony Moore actually emailed me back saying this:

John,

Tony here.

Nobody's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it. While these prices may be distasteful to you, the market elsewhere is bearing them out. Above all, the fact is, these pages are very dear to me personally, and the price tag is what it takes to get me to allow them to leave my personal possession. I'll be just as happy if they sit here until the end of time.

-T

What made me shake my head was the part highlighted in red. I don't understand because if they are so personal then why would he sell them so much cheaper prior to the Walking Dead TV show or sell them at all. (shrug)

I can see and understand asking more for the OA art to coincide with the TV show hype to make a few extra bucks, but these prices just shocked the hell out of me.

Of course it's his work, and he can ask whatever he wants, but still.

So I guess personally to him the TV show made him want to keep his pieces so much he tripled and sometimes quadrupled his asking price.

I wonder how his hardcore fans might view these price jumps.

Any thoughts?

Dude, they're his pages. He can charge whatever he wants for them. You can buy them, or not. Why would you be upset about it unless you maybe you were interested in picking up pieces that you originally thought were too high, and flipping them for a profit now that the demand is up. Just a guess on my part.

Walking Dead is hotter than hell right now and being a co-creator, has every right to cash in on it in any way he sees fit. If anyone makes a buck off the pages, he damn well should be the one to do it.

Dude, they're his pages. He can charge whatever he wants for them. You can buy them, or not. Why would you be upset about it unless you maybe you were interested in picking up pieces that you originally thought were too high, and flipping them for a profit now that the demand is up. Just a guess on my part.

Walking Dead is hotter than hell right now and being a co-creator, has every right to cash in on it in any way he sees fit. If anyone makes a buck off the pages, he damn well should be the one to do it.

Okay that's one way of looking at it, maybe they feel people will do that. However to ask those prices he is trying to put himself on a legendary comic artist level in which he is obviously not.

I actually buy OA for myself every once in while, and I been an avid WD fan for a while now as I own some Charlie Adlard OA.

Thanks though for assuming I am now an art dealer. :eyeroll:

Of course it's his work and he can ask whatever price he wants, but to me his prices are now at unrealisitc levels of hype.

I never said he can't ask anything he wants, but it been a long time in this hobby when I seen asking prices increase that much in such short time frame. Obviously the prices would go up with the show being hot right so I was just shocked to see how much the increase, and his reasons behind it.

I talked to couple boardies already who are die-hard WD fans and they were pretty insulted when they heard. Heck they told me to post this thread.

If he thinks his work is worth Jack Kirby, John Romita, or heck even Jim Lee money than good luck to him. Make that money.

Just don't tell me your art is so personal that you were willing to sell the same page for thousands less prior to the show hitting the airwaves. meh

I didn't even bother looking when they would not ship out site of us

Yea I found that kind of weird too cause didn't he live in the UK before or does? ???

I am still a huge Tony Moore fan when it comes to the Walking Dead, so I am not outing him as a bad guy or anything like that.

Just wanted to see what other WD fans/collectors feel about these multiple dollars increases on his work now post TV show.

I know I was floored and that put the nail in my casket for every forking over that kind of cash for some of his work.

Honestly, I felt a little bit insulted in his new prices, but that's me (shrug)

Love to hear what other WD boardies that I know have bought his OA before to see what they think now at his prices.

WD is one of the best comic series ever created in my opinion. Regardless of how young it is, and the TV show (which is brilliant) the book is a classic. I think those pages are priced just fine when everything is considered. A bit steep yes, but these are the early origin issues of the series. By all means, they should have a premium.

I' m huge WD fan and bought many Charlie ADLARD pieces, unfortunaly i never bought any MOORE art, i pass on one page once that Steve offered here and i regret now.

i'm really stunned about his prices, in fact i don't think his pages deserves 10K for a zombie one, maybe some boardies won't be agree with that , but i can't put a T MOORE WD art besides KIRBY or BUSCEMA . Prices are not justified and i feel really sad to see an artist i really appreciate playing that game with us , the very fan of WD

then now, i'm a regular customer at Splash , and the main question is why ADLARD didn't made the same and put X4 on his pages, you can find for less than $400 some nice zombie pages there , and look at some of his latest covers , i was looking at his 81 cover , crazy one :o and was stunned with his price at $2500 for it, now i feel it's really cheap lol

i would say that Charlie ADLARD is really honest with his fans and i will continue to buy more arts from him ( i just bought 3 pages this week end ) :cloud9: , it won't be a problem for me to pass on Tony MOORE ones

Wow!!! I just emailed Kara for some pricing myself :eek:

Let me just say, I'm thrilled to have what I already own, because I won't be able to afford any new pages.

Time to sell Steve lol

hm I just don't think I can bring myself to do that Deve! :ohnoez:

In a nutshell do you guys think his OA prices are now justified or :insane: ?

:popcorn:

Absolutely ridiculous pricing. Especially considering the quality of art in the average Walking Dead page. Glad to see the TV show didn't go to his head. :screwy:

then now, i'm a regular customer at Splash , and the main question is why ADLARD didn't made the same and put X4 on his pages, you can find for less than $400 some nice zombie pages there , and look at some of his latest covers , i was looking at his 81 cover , crazy one :o and was stunned with his price at $2500 for it, now i feel it's really cheap lol

I just purchased this Adlard piece for $300 and couldnt be happier! I have been looking for a quality Moore piece for awhile and couldn't find anything I liked...and now I know why after seeing what they go for and where most of the good pieces are!

szam4h.jpg

I agree that he has a right to charge whatever he wants for the pages, but, at these prices, he just wasted the time of John and anyone else who took the time to browse the listings and e-mail for prices in the reasonable expectation that prices would at least somewhat reflect market reality (which they do not). I'd be pizzed too if I had wasted my valuable time reviewing the scans and inquiring for prices and received back prices that were multiples of fair value (and no one has ever accused me of being a flipper, given I've never done so in 8 years of art collecting). I have to agree with John as well - if these are so dear and difficult to let go, why were they available for sale until recently at fractions of the current asking prices? (shrug)

All these :screwy: prices make me want to do is buy more Adlard WD art. Just received the cover to the WD Omnibus Vol. 2 this week (see below) - for a "mere" $2,500...not enough to buy TMoore's throwaways now. :blush:

106175.jpg.1885169771b70ec86e5da42cf912b372.jpg