• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what the other Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard

charges for his OA hm

I like to do a comparision.

There are 6 issues of Moore art.

There is 70+ issues of Adlard art.

There will never be another page of Moore art.

Tomorrow, there will be two more pages of Adlard art.

Moore's art rocks.

Adlard's art sucked in the beginning, and sucks just as hard now.

That's about all the comparison you can do with the two artists. Trying to compare prices is apples and oranges.

Wow! and I thought Moore's art was expensive before!

I remember looking at Fear Agent Pages that were priced $500 or so at Heroes con like 3 years ago. and that was too much at that time for me!

Especially considering that his art blows. The art is pedestrian at best. Significant only because of the story IMO

There are plenty of "pedestrian" artists out there. Tony's work on WD is not an example of pedestrian, at all. I could go into how well he tells the story sequentially, pulls the reader's eye around the page to exactly where it needs to go, renders motion as well as the moments just before and after action incredibly well, but most of it is lost in translation if the person looking at the art is just looking at the pictures without thinking of the thought process and technique that went into it.

You are entitled to your opinion as to liking or not liking his art personally. However, calling it dull and lifeless is going to be a tough one to prove.

I find it humorous that people think it's ok for Tony to price not to sell, but they'll be quick to mock ebayers that does the same, say a WD #1 SS fx

dead on.

Some of us are consistent enough to be on the same side of the fence in both cases.

(thumbs u

I find it humorous that people think it's ok for Tony to price not to sell, but they'll be quick to mock ebayers that does the same, say a WD #1 SS fx

The difference is that there are hundreds of what he's selling. There is one...one page of the OA.

Big friggin difference.

The difference is that there are hundreds of what he's selling. There is one...one page of the OA.

Big friggin difference.

The underlying principle is the same -- either you can criticize the asking price of a seller or you shouldn't. It doesn't matter if there's one or a 1000. You're saying he can ask whatever he wants, I agree. But just like the criticism of the seller of the book, he can ask whatever he wants too. Both are subject to criticism and rightfully so.

charges for his OA hm

Moore's art rocks.

That's about all the comparison you can do with the two artists. Trying to compare prices is apples and oranges.

you can find ADLARD art for sale at

splash page

prices are cooler and Mark is a great seller

sucks lol

charges for his OA hm

Moore's art rocks.

you can find ADLARD art for sale at

splash page

prices are cooler and Mark is a great seller

sucks lol

For potential buyers....

I have owned a bunch of Charlies WD art over the years, so you need to know that all of Adlards interiors after issue 35 are much smaller than most modern comic art and a lot smaller than his art from issue 7 through 35.

Size of the pages dropped to 8.5"x14" at that time. It's marked in the description of the artwork but a lot of people don't stop to read that. That's almost 40% smaller in terms of square inches...so factor that into your purchases. It makes a difference.

Prices may be "cooler" but the size has prevented me from buying much of the newer stuff and given that there are 10 times as much Adlard OA from this series out there, I would expect the prices to be about where they are, given the supply.

I remember looking at Fear Agent Pages that were priced $500 or so at Heroes con like 3 years ago. and that was too much at that time for me!

Especially considering that his art blows. The art is pedestrian at best. Significant only because of the story IMO

There are plenty of "pedestrian" artists out there. Tony's work on WD is not an example of pedestrian, at all. I could go into how well he tells the story sequentially, pulls the reader's eye around the page to exactly where it needs to go, renders motion as well as the moments just before and after action incredibly well, but most of it is lost in translation if the person looking at the art is just looking at the pictures without thinking of the thought process and technique that went into it.

You are entitled to your opinion as to liking or not liking his art personally. However, calling it dull and lifeless is going to be a tough one to prove.

Many might say the same about Millers Daredevil art.But it went very well with story.

I agree. It just comes across as something scribbled quickly with an unfinished look.

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying that he can't do what he wants with his own art. We are just a little amused at his pricing. Here is his 12K piece.

Here's a $42.6 MILLION piece

Lichtenstein.jpg

Seriously though, the prices are artwork are "amusing" to everyone but the guy who agrees to the price.

Many might say the same about Millers Daredevil art.But it went very well with story.

I don't know anyone who would say that.

And you are also talking to majorly different periods of time. I look at that page of Walking Dead and a thought in my head says maybe 400 - 500.00. There is nothing that separates it from 100 other guys out there.....other than it just happens to be on Walking Dead. I mean for example and staying within the genre, is it better than a Suydam Zombie page? Not even close.

And no Roy, no one says that about Ditko or Kirby. Not even me, and I don't especially like Kirby.

I am someone who loves Tony's Moore art. I emailed him last year and got a reply from Kara about the sale of some pages. I got a two and was disappointed that they were just thrown in a Fed Ex box and got a little damaged. Nothing major but I really liked the pages and wished they would have arrived in as good of shape as possible. I talked to another boardie and he said his art (purchased at nearly the exact same time) came in great shape. I just remembered thinking that I really liked the art and wished they would have cared as much when shipping it. It is great that they love the art so much more now.

I won't buy from them again at anything close to those prices. I was going through the website last night and searching for stuff to inquire about. I made a list and got my hopes up. I'm a little ticked when I wake up the morning and see these posts. I wasted my time and got my hopes up for nothing. The prices are obscene. I think that is what makes people mad. Don't waste our time with that stupid blast email.

Big friggin difference.

Exactly. And he not only owns it, he created it.

[font:Book Antiqua]If you really like an item (OA, Comic Book)

NEVER buy it when the market it’s hot, eventually the hyper will pass, the price will be lowered, and the demand less,

then you can buy it, that... if you still like it.

MAGIC WORD: PATIENCE [/font]

is it better than a Suydam Zombie page? Not even close.

Suydam doesn't do Zombie pages. He does static covers, and they are painted, not pen and ink.

Also...when I think "better" I think "original".

Here's what he did....

suydam_zombie.jpg

Here's where it came from...

poclogo.jpg

Sienkiewicz did the original of these.

sienksuydam.jpg

The Hulk is Fabry...look in wolvie's claws.

suydamfabry.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]If you really like an item (OA, Comic Book)

NEVER buy it when the market it’s hot, eventually the hyper will pass, the price will be lowered, and the demand less,

then you can buy it, that... if you still like it.

MAGIC WORD: PATIENCE [/font]

Actually the magic word is Shazam...but in some circles the word "trust-fund" has magical powers as well to open things.