• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

If they had ACTUALLY ended the auction early, the result would've been over $400 less than the total they hit.

Actually $50 less if I am reading it right. Only 1 bid in the last minute, the rest of the bids were at least 30 minutes before the end.

You are correct. However, I am almost positive that if they cancel that last bid, they would have to cancel ALL the bids by that bidder! :o

Plus, they never did end that auction early like they said. :makepoint:

Being that the bidder who bid with 2 seconds left had bid earlier in the auction, several times, and his final bid wasn't a giant amount over previous bids I can see the logic. Sniping did not materially change the end of the auction.

This wasn't a sniper swooping in at the last seconds, for the first time in the auction, raising the bar $1000. It was $50. :eyeroll:

As for ending the auction early. It's not a violation of Ebay rules to end auctions early or to let them run their course. In the end it's their choice, they don't owe me an explanation if they change their mind. They are still offering a book, if I wanted it I could bid, if I didn't I could walk away.

I don't feel entitled to regular updates on their mood, their thinking, or their motivations. I don't think they should set up a web cam so I can watch their every move either. I leave that the Evil Ash.

The statement about sniping just started the sniping an hour earlier and earned them alot more than $50. Just another $16 would have won it.

This wasn't a sniper swooping in at the last seconds, for the first time in the auction, raising the bar $1000. It was $50. :eyeroll:

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 56 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

(thumbs u

Yes really.

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

Not really.

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

The only way bids a half an hour in advance are considered snipes is if the bidder is on dial-up, and he's in 1997.

:gossip: And only one bid was in the last 35 minutes. The rest were almost an hour in advance.

Or if the auction could be ended at any time in the last hour. :makepoint:

Yes really.

Not really.

No. If you can show me how he bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes, I will buy you a TWD 1 9.8.

Yes really.

Not really.

No. If you can show me how he bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes, I will buy you a TWD 1 9.8.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

my buddy won this book. no sniping :)

Not really.