• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

If they had ACTUALLY ended the auction early, the result would've been over $400 less than the total they hit.

Actually $50 less if I am reading it right. Only 1 bid in the last minute, the rest of the bids were at least 30 minutes before the end.

I seriously believe their 'demand' that there are no snipe bids is in contravention of eBay rules.

You cannot deny bids simply on the basis of timing...the auction runs for a set period of time and any bids within those perameters is valid. Would have been interesting if the auction had been won by a sniper. hm

ebay let's you end an auction whenever you want to sell to the highest bidder.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html#requirements

I just believe they should have kept their promise. If they aren't being truthful here, how do we know they are being truthful when they are emailing SOT?

If they had ACTUALLY ended the auction early, the result would've been over $400 less than the total they hit.

Actually $50 less if I am reading it right. Only 1 bid in the last minute, the rest of the bids were at least 30 minutes before the end.

You are correct. However, I am almost positive that if they cancel that last bid, they would have to cancel ALL the bids by that bidder! :o

Plus, they never did end that auction early like they said. :makepoint:

so i hear Suydam and Ferrigno go to every comicbook convention in America.

Anthony,

Have you seen Doc anywhere?

He promised to put a double tap into this thread to make sure it stayed down.

I don't understand.

You are correct. However, I am almost positive that if they cancel that last bid, they would have to cancel ALL the bids by that bidder! :o

Being that the bidder who bid with 2 seconds left had bid earlier in the auction, several times, and his final bid wasn't a giant amount over previous bids I can see the logic. Sniping did not materially change the end of the auction.

This wasn't a sniper swooping in at the last seconds, for the first time in the auction, raising the bar $1000. It was $50. :eyeroll:

As for ending the auction early. It's not a violation of Ebay rules to end auctions early or to let them run their course. In the end it's their choice, they don't owe me an explanation if they change their mind. They are still offering a book, if I wanted it I could bid, if I didn't I could walk away.

I don't feel entitled to regular updates on their mood, their thinking, or their motivations. I don't think they should set up a web cam so I can watch their every move either. I leave that the Evil Ash.

Anthony,

I don't understand.

Weren't you talking about how this thread kept coming back to life and wouldn't die?

doubletap.jpg

Anthony,

I don't understand.

Weren't you talking about how this thread kept coming back to life and wouldn't die?

doubletap.jpg

Oh, yeah. I did post something about shooting it in the head. I guess this thread wasn't ended early either. lol

:baiting:

Like I said in the Signature Room, I don't know I would call it hypocritical, but the auction description did attempt to create a sense of urgency about bidding early due to mitigating factors which in the end didn't materialize.

This wasn't a sniper swooping in at the last seconds, for the first time in the auction, raising the bar $1000. It was $50. :eyeroll:

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 56 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

Being that the bidder who bid with 2 seconds left had bid earlier in the auction, several times, and his final bid wasn't a giant amount over previous bids I can see the logic. Sniping did not materially change the end of the auction.

As for ending the auction early. It's not a violation of Ebay rules to end auctions early or to let them run their course. In the end it's their choice, they don't owe me an explanation if they change their mind. They are still offering a book, if I wanted it I could bid, if I didn't I could walk away.

I don't feel entitled to regular updates on their mood, their thinking, or their motivations. I don't think they should set up a web cam so I can watch their every move either. I leave that the Evil Ash.

I never said it was against the rules. In fact, I looked it up and posted a link to show it was perfectly legal.

I just think it makes them look like money-grubbers. Opportunists. Liars. For you, it isn't a big deal and I can respect that. For me, I don't want anything to do with them which is a shame. A month or two ago, I was a huge fan of his work and was looking for another page to add to my collection.

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

Not really.

106784.jpg.1218225e8ca94fb0d875cf36e91634a5.jpg

Aye, but that one bidder bid 5 times in the last 26 minutes of the auction and drove it up over $400.

The only way bids a half an hour in advance are considered snipes is if the bidder is on dial-up, and he's in 1997.

:gossip: And only one bid was in the last 35 minutes. The rest were almost an hour in advance.

Not really.

doh! You're absolutely right. I was looking at the wrong line when looking at the times.

That should've been 56 minutes. Not 26.

The only way bids a half an hour in advance are considered snipes is if the bidder is on dial-up, and he's in 1997.

:gossip: And only one bid was in the last 35 minutes. The rest were almost an hour in advance.

He could have been Aces a year ago. In fact, since Aces got cable Internet we haven't seen him much around here. hm

I just think it makes them look like money-grubbers. Opportunists. Liars. For you, it isn't a big deal and I can respect that. For me, I don't want anything to do with them which is a shame. A month or two ago, I was a huge fan of his work and was looking for another page to add to my collection.

Man, that's harsh.

The stories I could tell you about artists basically stealing money from fans. Creators who took my money, promised something, and gave me nothing for YEARS. Given my experience with creators acting like criminals and treating their fans like absolute mess something like this doesn't register on the scale.

Maybe Tony and Kara were out at the store, or eating dinner, or watching a movie or any of a thousand things at the time the auction ended. I don't know what they were doing, I don't care. Only comic geeks like us might have been watching the seconds tick away. I applaud anyone with a real life, given the time I waste on stuff like that. Sniping didn't affect the end of the auction in any material way.

They didn't steal anything from anybody. They didn't in anyone's ear. I have talked to them several times and they are honest, nice, sweet people. Them not ending an auction 2 minutes earlier and winding up with $50 extra is not enough for me to excommunicate them from my comic art world. I have had people commit grand larceny against me, maybe that's why I don't see this as anything worth cutting people off for life over. I don't see them doing anything wrong or profiting from wrongdoing.

The guy who calls a VF when it's NM did something wrong. The guy who ships an empty box did something wrong. The artist who accepts commission money and fails to perform did something wrong. Just sayin'.

Man, that's harsh.

I can be emotional when it comes to TWD. :blush: But I do stand behind what I said.

I know how artists can steal. I never had it done to me but I heard about mrnotsonice's experience with Glenn Fabry. I was looking into getting a commission from him and decided against it. I also wouldn't get one from Bill S. or Michael Golden. We applaud people like Adam Hughes (whom I am not a fan of) when he sells his commissions CHEAP so I don't see why we can't call out artists who we feel are trying to take advantage of us.

Maybe they were watching tv or had something else to do. Convenient that it benefits them. Maybe they were disappointed that it only went up another 66 bucks at the end. I felt that they were lying to us from the beginning (I just knew they wouldn't end it early) and this auction reinforces that belief. I wouldn't be convicting them of a crime if this were a criminal case but I think the preponderance of evidence is there for me.