• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

I just wanted to post that I just had a long and civil conversation with John (The OP) on this entire topic.

John stands by his surprise over the prices of the art, but he admits that, if given the chance to do it over again, he would have handled things differently.

With his permission, I can say that he did tell me that he never intended to make it seem like the Moore's were not being truthful in their desire to keep items they find personally important unless they attain a "no regrets" price. Some people in this thread have taken the OP's posts and the Moore's emails out of context and used them to purport that the Moore's are lying about their motivations. John told me that he never intended to give that impression and that he doesn't think they are being anything less than truthful.

While he was disappointed with not being able to attain the artwork he liked, he did say that he regrets what this thread turned into and would have done things differently a second time around if given a chance.

He was civil on the phone, admitted that insulting Mr. Moore was a mistake and something he should not have done and doesn't want the perception of what happened to get away from what really happened. He doesn't agree with the pricing, but he doesn't think the Moore's are bad people, or liars.

Just wanted to put that out there.

So John is a big, fat jerk. And Tony Moore charges too much for WD art.

Thread over. :insane:

John is actually skinny-ish.

Yes. He sent me a PM to inform me of that.

I apologize to both John and fat people.

I just wanted to post that I just had a long and civil conversation with John (The OP) on this entire topic.

John stands by his surprise over the prices of the art, but he admits that, if given the chance to do it over again, he would have handled things differently.

With his permission, I can say that he did tell me that he never intended to make it seem like the Moore's were not being truthful in their desire to keep items they find personally important unless they attain a "no regrets" price. Some people in this thread have taken the OP's posts and the Moore's emails out of context and used them to purport that the Moore's are lying about their motivations. John told me that he never intended to give that impression and that he doesn't think they are being anything less than truthful.

While he was disappointed with not being able to attain the artwork he liked, he did say that he regrets what this thread turned into and would have done things differently a second time around if given a chance.

He was civil on the phone, admitted that insulting Mr. Moore was a mistake and something he should not have done and doesn't want the perception of what happened to get away from what really happened. He doesn't agree with the pricing, but he doesn't think the Moore's are bad people, or liars.

cartman.jpg

cartman.jpg

:headbang:

1.) Big red were one price last week.

2.) A show promoting big red came out in the interim.

3.) An unsolicited email was sent to you that read, "Hey! We now have big red in stock."

4.) Big red have now increased in price exponentially because we are finding it hard to part with them because they are close to our... um... heart.

However, outside of that, I'm just not feeling it, dude.

Jim,

These pages were NOT for sale last week. John was quoting numbers from over a year ago. You have no basis to say that the rose from last week to this week. It's just false and an assumption based on speculation.

Also, everyone who got that email had emailed Tony and Kara about WD or their art, or signed up to be emailed on their site. John admitted as much. HE INITIATED CONTACT with them last year, all the Moore's did was contact people who had contacted them about artwork as this was a significant update including several pages I have never seen them offer for sale before.

Maybe if you took the actual facts of what occurred into account, along with the actual prices and the actual time line...you'd "feel it" just fine. (shrug)

Chris,

I'm not ignoring any of the facts. The pages were one price at a given point in time. The WD TV show hit the airwaves. The pages have now risen in price exponentially. All they had to say was, "Yeah, we feel the WD is approaching a zenith in it's popularity and the new prices reflect this belief."

I understand the Moores are friends, and I'm sure they are nice people. However, I think all of this could have been handled better by all involved.

So prices are never allowed to go up on comic art? Seriously?

That's not what I said. Where does it say prices are not allowed to increase? You're as bad as JC.

No you're not, Dicey. And you don't need me to tell you that. No one's that bad. Not even me.

You know, come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever seen you and JC at odds with one another. I wonder... hm .

Nah, couldn't be. At some point, everyone is at odds with you, or JC for that matter. I'm going to assume the incident got lost in the shuffle... set adrift on the sands of time.

Oh, they have been. It's usually quite an enjoyable event.

Yes, like listening to a schizophrenic fall out with himself :acclaim:

Andrew. (tsk)

cartman.jpg

so that's what you call it meh

Anthony. (tsk)

What is it with you people lately?

It's like y'all done gone and got bit by RMA or something. These ill tempers must be communicable. :sumo:

Brian. You shouldnt have posted.... This thread is a massive pile of dung. I read very little, said the same thing you did and was flamed for it. Apparently this dude is some sort of patron saint and speaking poorly of hime leads to exile.

Enh, the bottom line is basically this, there's a few guys who know him well and really like him. I've never been interested in buying his OA, so you can't say I'm whining over the prices.

I understand people like him, he may be a super nice guy etc. I'm sure he is (anyone Jesperson is good friends with, I think are generally good people). But I do think that it's a little disingenuous to say I "love" something -- and that's the reason for the high prices. No, it's because your book is super hot right now so I want to try and cash in and I don't want to give it away.

And that's cool. But you know, can we for once be honest? We're doing it for the money. Pressers are doing it for the money. We're trying to flip books for the money. I take the big contract where ever to play for that team... for the money.

All this other stuff about the artist selling for whatever he wants is all true -- I don't see anyone contradicting it. Sticker it for $1million -- who cares? Just don't tell me that you're doing it for anything else other than the money. That's what I hate about artists who try to sell me on their "craft" instead of the ultimate bottom line.

I can have debate with Chris or Jon or Anthony and I never feel it's personal or anything else though. They have their point of view, I have mine and I think the discussion is healthy. But I made my point and I didn't want to spend 20 more pages making them or I defend it. Now that's it's going that long anyway, I'm just weighing in. But those guys make good and fair points as well on the other side about Tony and i appreciate that perspective, I just want to keep it "real".

I don't understand why the Moores upset you so much when they never said they "love" their art. They said it was "personal" to them.

On the other hand, you and I both know at least one person who HAS said they "love" their art...but it's always for sale. They love it, they just can't seem to ever hold onto it. My take is that it's "ultimately all about the money" (your quote regarding the Moores). It would seem that you would think the same. Do they get a pass because they're your friend? Are they less disingenuous than the Moores?

I'm all for keeping it "real", too (thumbs u

No I'd be the very first person to tell you that it's all about the money for them too.

And, as an addendum, he'd also outright admit to you it's about the money first too. He loves the pieces, but the money is also ultimately more important at certain prices. That's the reality. No passes here for anyone.

Right...he may love the art, but he loves money more. That's a hard thing to admit and still have any credibility as a collector.

I love art but I love money more sometimes too. :devil:

3.) An unsolicited email was sent to you that read, "Hey! We now have big red in stock."

4.) Big red have now increased in price exponentially because we are finding it hard to part with them because they are close to our... um... heart.

Jim,

These pages were NOT for sale last week. John was quoting numbers from over a year ago. You have no basis to say that the rose from last week to this week. It's just false and an assumption based on speculation.

Also, everyone who got that email had emailed Tony and Kara about WD or their art, or signed up to be emailed on their site. John admitted as much. HE INITIATED CONTACT with them last year, all the Moore's did was contact people who had contacted them about artwork as this was a significant update including several pages I have never seen them offer for sale before.

Maybe if you took the actual facts of what occurred into account, along with the actual prices and the actual time line...you'd "feel it" just fine. (shrug)

Chris,

I'm not ignoring any of the facts. The pages were one price at a given point in time. The WD TV show hit the airwaves. The pages have now risen in price exponentially. All they had to say was, "Yeah, we feel the WD is approaching a zenith in it's popularity and the new prices reflect this belief."

I understand the Moores are friends, and I'm sure they are nice people. However, I think all of this could have been handled better by all involved.

That's not what I said. Where does it say prices are not allowed to increase? You're as bad as JC.

No you're not, Dicey. And you don't need me to tell you that. No one's that bad. Not even me.

You know, come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever seen you and JC at odds with one another. I wonder... hm .

Nah, couldn't be. At some point, everyone is at odds with you, or JC for that matter. I'm going to assume the incident got lost in the shuffle... set adrift on the sands of time.

Don't be such a taint. JC and I have gone at it plenty of times, and not everyone has been at odds with me.

:acclaim:

:o

Dude, you never post a conversation from a PM thread unless it is to be used as an A-bomb in the most unholy of message board flame wars.

(tsk)

Yeah, never ever!!! :sumo:

But you can, however, post private emails on a message board where the person who sent them is not a member and cannot respond directly.

That's totally ok. :eyeroll:

lol

This whole "PM sanctity" thing is nonsense. If you want someone to respect your privacy, ask them first. If they won't give you their word, don't share that private info. Just because someone sends a "private" message doesn't automatically grant holy status to anything that's sent.

:eyeroll:

Jim,

Chris,

Suck it, dillhole.

(thumbs u

Jim,

Chris,

Andrew. (tsk)

Yeah. (tsk)

Anthony. (tsk)

It's like y'all done gone and got bit by RMA or something. These ill tempers must be communicable. :sumo:

I knew you loved me.

:luhv:

Yes, sir. I love you just like I'd love a dose of the clap. (thumbs u

Anthony. (tsk)

I knew you loved me.

:luhv:

Yes, sir. I love you just like I'd love a dose of the clap. (thumbs u

lol at the (thumbs u

Infinite :cloud9:

IMG00131-20101116-2148.jpg

Son of a person_without_enough_empathy!!!! That's awesome. Is that 9x12 or larger?

I was just thinking about that cover and if I could not find it how great a recreation would be.