• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

Not to beat a dead horse but what do you think about what Tony Moore and his wifey did on this auction? There was a snipe bid which wasn't cancelled and the auction ran it's full course. I was actually looking to bid but decided against it just because of the wording in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120649568637&si=NaM%252BwgiNtkVtctH15fa7crDPXVk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Ebay Snipers are HIGHLY frowned upon in this house. Please be aware that if you are suspected of bid sniping, your bid may be cancelled.

IMPORTANT! TO DISCOURAGE ALL BID SNIPING, THIS AUCTION WILL BE ENDED AT A RANDOM TIME DURING THE LAST HOUR AND SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

Thanks!

Stop Watching!!! Bid Now!!

There was a snipe bid which wasn't cancelled and the auction ran it's full course. I was actually looking into bidding but decided against it just because of the wording in the auction.

Not to beat a dead horse but what do you think about what Tony Moore and his wifey did on this auction? There was a snipe bid which wasn't cancelled and the auction ran it's full course. I was actually looking to bid but decided against it just because of the wording in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120649568637&si=NaM%252BwgiNtkVtctH15fa7crDPXVk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Ebay Snipers are HIGHLY frowned upon in this house. Please be aware that if you are suspected of bid sniping, your bid may be cancelled.

IMPORTANT! TO DISCOURAGE ALL BID SNIPING, THIS AUCTION WILL BE ENDED AT A RANDOM TIME DURING THE LAST HOUR AND SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

Thanks!

There was a snipe bid which wasn't cancelled and the auction ran it's full course. I was actually looking into bidding but decided against it just because of the wording in the auction.

Well this is just interesting. hm

Thanks!

The correct reaction.

Those sellers really want their cake and eat it. meh

Obviously the reason for their loathing is that it gives some kind of advantage to the bidder, so they demonize the activity. :eyeroll:

Thanks!

The correct reaction.

Obviously the reason for their loathing is that it gives some kind of advantage to the bidder, so they demonize the activity. :eyeroll:

Are you implying something "wrong" was done?

Thanks!

The correct reaction.

Nope.

My comment was not about the sniping that occurred in the auction (I'll leave that for others to speculate on) just their attitude towards it.

Thanks!

The correct reaction.

Nope.

My comment was not about the sniping that occurred in the auction (I'll leave that for others to speculate on) just their attitude towards it.

And the auction was won by a sniped bid.

The auction linked was not won by a snipe bid :shrug: Why are you posting this as an example.

More to the point: not liking snipe bids? :screwy: What is the issue and second, how can they decide which is a snipe bid which isn't? I know people to this day that don't use a snipe service and manually bid at the last minute. Should this be reprobated? I puzzle at the attitude of some people ...

And the auction was won by a sniped bid.

Incorrect. The snipe was the underbidder.

So then what exactly was the deal here? It did or didnt run full term? And there were or were not sniped bids?

The auction ran the full term. The underbidder put in a snipe two seconds before the end.

The auction linked was not won by a snipe bid :shrug: Why are you posting this as an example.

More to the point: not liking snipe bids? :screwy: What is the issue and second, how can they decide which is a snipe bid which isn't? I know people to this day that don't use a snipe service and manually bid at the last minute. Should this be reprobated? I puzzle at the attitude of some people ...

The snipe bid raised the final total since he was the underbidder. If his bid was never recorded, the winner would have paid less.

I think it is just the attitude in general that is weird. This might shed light on their art prices. They say they're pricing art high because they don't really want to sell but this ebay auction looks like they are trying to ring every last dollar out of their wares. It is their right but it looks greedy.

so i hear Suydam and Ferrigno go to every comicbook convention in America.

Anthony,

Have you seen Doc anywhere?

He promised to put a double tap into this thread to make sure it stayed down.

That's still a snipe bid... :gossip:

The only person who has any right to be mad is the guy who won. If they would have stayed to their word in the auction, he would have gotten the book cheaper.

But he doesn't have much of an argument in my opinion though. He put in his bid and was willing to pay that amount. If it would have been a normal auction from the start it would have ended the same way. 2c

I seriously believe their 'demand' that there are no snipe bids is in contravention of eBay rules.

You cannot deny bids simply on the basis of timing...the auction runs for a set period of time and any bids within those perameters is valid. Would have been interesting if the auction had been won by a sniper. hm