• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone remember these retro based comics from the mid 90s?

14 posts in this topic

I was going through some books and stumbled across these. I remember having to special order them as the LCS wouldn't "stock" them for the store. I quit buying them after the first couple issues.

scan0001-24.jpg

scan0002-17.jpg

scan0003-14.jpg

scan0005-11.jpg

scan0006-12.jpg

scan0007-11.jpg

Hey, I remember these! I have them all except for the DR Wonder ones. I got them at a Heroes Con in NC back in the mid 90's. Bought them right from the artist/publisher (can't remember his name!) who kindly signed them for me. I recall him telling me he was on friendly terms with Al Williamson, and that's really all I remember. :/

I will have to dig those books out. Was there a 3rd (2nd) issue of Bizarre Fantasy? I'd like to see a scan! :wishluck:

I was going through some books and stumbled across these. I remember having to special order them as the LCS wouldn't "stock" them for the store. I quit buying them after the first couple issues.

scan0001-24.jpg

scan0002-17.jpg

scan0003-14.jpg

I really dig the Bizarre Fantasy and Fantastic Worlds comics from Flashback Comics. Was the art inside comparable to the art on the covers?

From what I can gather from a little online research, you have the entire output from the Flashback Comics line of comics there. Very cool.