• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.6dgrading.com - What is this?

15 posts in this topic

So I just came accross this GL 76 on ebay:

GL 76 graded 8.7 on ebay

And saw it was graded an 8.7 by 6dgrading.com so I went to their site and discovered they are "targeting mainly Canadians" and charging money for their grading services.

http://www.6dgrading.com/

So here we have one guy that has been collecting comics for years and one guy that knows how to set up a website.

I am open minded about this type of idea but looking at the GL 76 that they graded 8.7 (which I assume is 8.5 in CGC terms) then I seriously think they need to retool their grading standards.

Has anyone actually used their service?

Or are they just grading their own books?

Does the CBCA actually endorse them?

Judging by the picture in the auction, my guess is that a 6d 8.7 is nowhere even remotely close to a CGC 8.5.

Of course it's not; the auction stated VF/NM, so it's 9.0.

This looks more like a VF/NM eBay grade so maybe these guys are on to something.

From the website:

"Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who’s comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}."

Well alright then, if he knows how to use the dewey decimal system his grading skills must be superb.

Do you think they mean "lead" as in to have a position of advantage, or "lead" as in a soft, heavy metal that uses the symbol Pb and atomic number 82? hm

Who are they kidding?anyone can put a bagged & boarded comic in a Top Loader and call it whatever grade they want. (shrug)

Sure they can. But can they get people to pay for them? There used to be a guy in Georgia that advertised in Overstreet that he would grade your book and return it in a brand new mylar, all for $1 a book.I always wondered if he was legit.