• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP the mint does it again

55 posts in this topic

I'm curious - and kind of new around here....what was the other auction that was removed by Ebay....?it must have been something pretty bad for them to take down an auction by someone who generates that many fees for them.

What are the "spam" words? I see Pcgs and NGC in the listing but don't know what they mean. Sorry if these are redundant questions folks... tongue.gif

The last one (FF1) had NGC (a coin dealer owned grading service) and PCGS (not owned by coin dealers) mentioned in the title as well. I think that's the reason why the auction was pulled. I don;t think mentioning other superheros would cause Ebay to invoke Spam infraction cancelling of an auction.

As to the last sentence, the answer is "yes they will." If you're selling a Superman comic and your auction description goes on about Hulk, Spider-Man, Evil Ernie and Bone, you can get it pulled. Even mentioning that you have other auctions up for Hulk, Spider-Man, Evil Ernie and Bone, you can get it pulled. I've seen it a bunch of times...

I'm very surprised that Ebay pulls auctions for that. We know that the most obvious pulls are for title infractions, the mentioning of services that an item is not related to. I assumed it was becuase he was not offering a coin in his auction, NGC and PCGS being doin grading companies and having nothing to do with a comic item other than NGC being part of the same group affiliate as CGC.

It seems incredible to me that if you're selling a More Fun 16, by mentioning Dr. Occult as being a prototype for Superman, you're breaking Ebay spamming rules!!

I'm very surprised that Ebay pulls auctions for that. We know that the most obvious pulls are for title infractions, the mentioning of services that an item is not related to. I assumed it was becuase he was not offering a coin in his auction, NGC and PCGS being doin grading companies and having nothing to do with a comic item other than NGC being part of the same group affiliate as CGC.

It seems incredible to me that if you're selling a More Fun 16, by mentioning Dr. Occult as being a prototype for Superman, you're breaking Ebay spamming rules!!

I think that's a bit different - at least the book that's selling has some connection to Superman, some historical basis to justify that listing. But does that same auction also list X-Men, Hulk, The Crow, and Green Lantern in the auction description?

Check this guy out - I got a bunch of his auctions pulled for keyword spamming - I man, c'mon, give me a break...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2220052541&category=77

I assumed it was becuase he was not offering a coin in his auction, NGC and PCGS being doin grading companies and having nothing to do with a comic item other than NGC being part of the same group affiliate as CGC.

I'm sure that is what happened (whether orchestrated by JP himself or done by an annoyed coin collector). If not, why didn't he just remove the offending interior text and relist the book immediately? The only way it was pulled because of a "spamming" reference in what was a very concise item description is if one of JP's cronies did it at his behest for any of the motivations described earlier. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gene

and do you guys really think $100K is that far-fetched a price for one of the handful of the best copies of the Silver Age's top comics?? I dont. Im surprised at how quickly it has happened....and perhaps prices are a tad overheated of late, but the concept of a six-figure SA comic (AF15 and FF#1 and maybe ASM#1) doesnt scare me

:bump:

amazing how the passage of time puts it into perspective

http://itsalljustcomics.com/all-time-record-comic-book-sales/