• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards...Nominate and VOTE!

151 posts in this topic

Anyone say "lexerific" or "makemeanofferandwin". I believe they're one and the same and they're true d-bags. Cracked restored books sold as unrestored raw. Grossly overgraded, etc.

Sadly both names have moved on the that great Not Registered domain in the sky! Too bad, that looked so promising... :cry:

Meet our Third nominee...SAMCO1...or as some of you know...Silver Age Marvel Comics Only..........1!

I guess there was another guy who also had only Silver Age Marvel Comics Only...and got there first!

I don't know if he's the worst...but I love the picture! Here's a link to "His World"...

http://myworld.ebay.com/samco1

And our 4th nominee is...Vondoom!!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vondoom&ftab=AllFeedback

It would seem this wonderful eBayer has communication problems! But of course he does...ever try writing an email with those big armored metal hands? I bet seeing in the Iron mask is tough too! Maybe someone should buy him a keypad with BIGGER letters, so he can answer your emails! Or he could get one of his Vondoom robots to hand deliver your comics...THEN VAPORIZE YOU!!!! So saith DOOM! (worship)

Time to meet our 5th "Honored" selection...Kermitspadcomics

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kermitspadcomics&ftab=AllFeedback

Excuses...the corner stone of "Subjective Grading". One can say 4.0 while another says 4.5 maybe 5.0. Then there are the ones who say 4.0 while the others say...I don't know...8.5? I guess for some the Ballpark is a pretty BIG place! doh!

Here are the 8 nominees so far...with lots of time left!

Robojo33 nominated by gaz973 :flamed:

Blackstarcomics nominated by bababooey :applause:

Samco1 nominated by Fazybones :golfclap:

Vondoom nominated by The Shadow Knows :applause:

Kermitspadcomics nominated by Bruno_s4 :wishluck:

Silver_age_comics nominated by supapimp :frustrated:

Tomorrowstreasures nominated by Mr. Zipper :tonofbricks:

Showcase-new-england nominated by Batty Scrooge :kidaround:

Give a big hand for our nominees...or the finger...whatever is easier. :boo:

I was trying to find out more info on Robojo. It seems he hasn't sold in the last year. (shrug) Maybe the Robojo nominated changed their name? Any info would be great! Below is the link to the Robojo I found.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=robojo&ftab=AllFeedback

Robojo33

Here are the 5 nominees so far...with lots of time left!

Robojo33 nominated by gaz973 :golfclap:

Blackstarcomics nominated by bababooey :applause:

Samco1 nominated by Fazybones :golfclap:

Vondoom nominated by The Shadow Knows :applause:

Kermitspadcomics nominated by Bruno_s4 :wishluck:

Give a big hand for our nominees...or the finger...whatever is easier. :boo:

Nicely done!

I think this "Award" needs a real name! We have Oscar, Grammy, Tony, Darwin, & Razzie! This award as well needs something! Any ideas? There will be a prize for who ever comes up with the name! Post it by the 1st. After the 1st vote by PMing me your choice. I will announce the name and winner the day of the Awards!

I vote for "eBasturds."

Modified the spelling for descriptive purposes.

What's sad is many of these sellers will have great feedback sometimes because our fellow buyers on Ebay haven't a clue how to grade.

I just received a small pile of Copper Age books from a seller that has "Books were mint - 5-star seller" all through her feedback. I get a sampling of her books and everything has spine stress lines and corner bends.

And the real sad part - when I emailed to let her know of my concerns, she tells me all her books look like this. Even her previous sales books.

:odoh!

I vote for.... kermitspadcomics

Terrible grading abilities

Always ready with an excuse... learned to ignore after 2nd order came in last year with massively overgraded books... all returned.

Have you ever met him? He set up at the Richmond Con about a year ago. He's this little short pudgy middle-aged bald guy. He talks like a child, making me think he isn't entirely all there. He had three or four long-boxes of silver/bronze and I was digging through it. I picked out a book and it had a tiny note on it, "Color Touch". I asked him about it and he confirmed it was restored, I said "How about this one?" And he said "Yeah, that one too". I was confused about which one he was referring to, and I asked for clarification and he said "ALL of them" I said "WHAT!!!!" You've got three boxes of low to mid-grade common silver and they all have "CT!!!" lol And yes, he should never, ever grade another comic because he's just terrible at it.