• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We still have a Local Comic Store in Dublin, California!

38 posts in this topic

Yes, we do. :applause:

Our LCS in Dublin has had new management since last summer. Comic Ink is now under the helm of Derek and Julie Strachan. While maintaining the hometown, family-run business flavor of the old Comic Ink, they will utilize the power of the Internet to develop an online store, www.comicink.net. Julie writes, “We are expanding/modernizing both the comic and toy selections, bringing in more child-friendly reading, offering graphic novels and lining up artist signing events in the store.” In fact, Derek McCulloch and Greg Espinoza (PUG) were at Comic Ink last Oct 30 for their first in-store signing event. Stop by the store soon to see the new layout of the store and latest offerings.

Comic Ink is located at 7980 Amador Valley Blvd in Dublin just off San Ramon Blvd and is open 7 days a week. It is the only comic book store in the Bay Area that I visit regularly. End of plug lol

ComicInkStorefrontPic2.jpg

ComicInkinteriorview.jpg

ComicInkOwner.jpg

Gotta give props to Dublin for their IMAX theater.... There are only about three real IMAX theaters in this area, the one in the Metreon in Downtown SF, the one at the Tech Museum in San Jose, and the one in Dublin. (thumbs u

I remember talking to the old owner and looking up prices for him on GPA regarding his personal collection. I didn't actually see the books, but the figures were impressive...

I grew up in the Tri-Valley (Livermore/Dublin/Pleasanton) and we didn't have a shop until Quake Comics (later Fact Fiction and Fantasy) popped up in the early 80s. I bought a sweet load of mid-and upper grade Marvel and DC Silver Age there at $1-$3 each, most of which I still have. Tim Head was the owner in the old days.

Next time I'm in the Dublin area, I'll have to stop by. It looks like a nice LCS.

Yes, we do. :applause:

Our LCS in Dublin has had new management since last summer. Comic Ink is now under the helm of Derek and Julie Strachan. While maintaining the hometown, family-run business flavor of the old Comic Ink, they will utilize the power of the Internet to develop an online store, www.comicink.net. Julie writes, “We are expanding/modernizing both the comic and toy selections, bringing in more child-friendly reading, offering graphic novels and lining up artist signing events in the store.” In fact, Derek McCulloch and Greg Espinoza (PUG) were at Comic Ink last Oct 30 for their first in-store signing event. Stop by the store soon to see the new layout of the store and latest offerings.

Comic Ink is located at 7980 Amador Valley Blvd in Dublin just off San Ramon Blvd and is open 7 days a week. It is the only comic book store in the Bay Area that I visit regularly. End of plug lol

ComicInkOwner.jpg

how's the GA/SA selection? How would it compare to Heroes (Campbell) or A-1 (Sac)? Looks to be decent as I think I see an ASM 16, 20 and FF 3 in the pic above...

Sharp eye, Primetime! They had an Avengers 4 that just sold. There are a few boxes of Silver and Bronze age with Amazing Spider-Man, JIM/Thor, Avengers and Fantastic Four. I have not been to Heroes or A-1.

No Golden Age (shrug)

how's the GA/SA selection? How would it compare to Heroes (Campbell) or A-1 (Sac)? Looks to be decent as I think I see an ASM 16, 20 and FF 3 in the pic above...

Awesome, I am in the Central Valley and will stop by next time I am up that way. :)

i miss al's comics shop in stockton, not much for back issues, but it just brings back memories of being a kid. :cloud9:

hey are you from Stockton?! I am and Al's was where I got all my comics! He is still there in the same location on Miracle Mile but he only has new comics now...I still have fond memories of that place...used to get new comics for 10 cents off the cover price back in the mid 80s. (thumbs u Still have a handful of books I bought from him..including a NM Defenders # 10 which I snagged off the wall for $4 back in '85!

Sharp eye, Primetime! They had an Avengers 4 that just sold. There are a few boxes of Silver and Bronze age with Amazing Spider-Man, JIM/Thor, Avengers and Fantastic Four. I have not been to Heroes or A-1.

No Golden Age (shrug)

yep, I saw those books along the wall..I will have to stop by sometime...BTW, where do you stay Silverweb? East bay?

Awesome, I am in the Central Valley and will stop by next time I am up that way. :)

i miss al's comics shop in stockton, not much for back issues, but it just brings back memories of being a kid. :cloud9:

hey are you from Stockton?! I am and Al's was where I got all my comics! He is still there in the same location on Miracle Mile but he only has new comics now...I still have fond memories of that place...used to get new comics for 10 cents off the cover price back in the mid 80s. (thumbs u Still have a handful of books I bought from him..including a NM Defenders # 10 which I snagged off the wall for $4 back in '85!

I actually was in Stockton a few years ago and made a point of visiting all the comics shops I could. (I think there were two or three.)