• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom #1 "Black Cover" found in a storage room. Never Opened from the 25-pack

129 posts in this topic

Great story. I added it to the stories I follow as I want to know what CGC will give the book.

To lazy to search anywhere, but what is this book going for at this time?

(thumbs u

It's not the most expensive book in the world, or anything like that, but I was just floored.

This book has been sitting untouched for almost 17 years, which it took me back to my childhood working back at Comic's A to Z, and just the of chance probability of the book actually being in just one 25-pack was just super rare.

Anyway I will remember this for a long time.

thanks for reading,

John (SOT)

:golfclap: Whoa, cool tale! Nice find! (thumbs u

So, that's what those look like... hm

Sending it off to get graded this week. ;)

10,10,10 :wishluck: Good luck John.

I think it is atleast an 9.8, so we will see.

Doubt a 10.0 :cry:

great find and great Story. I consider this one of the most collectible books ever. Took me years to get a copy. they appear on Ebay from time to time but go for a bit.Also as a Spiderman/Venom guy its my top collectibe. I agree one of the most collecible variants but I still put Star Wars #1 35 cent as the number 1 for me.

great find and great Story. I consider this one of the most collectible books ever. Took me years to get a copy. they appear on Ebay from time to time but go for a bit.Also as a Spiderman/Venom guy its my top collectibe. I agree one of the most collecible variants but I still put Star Wars #1 35 cent as the number 1 for me.

If you knew me you would know in bold is the wrong thing to say. lol

IMO 35c price variants show absolutely no desirability as the cover is still the same. All that is different is the price tag.

I just don't get why people pay extra for it. (shrug)

IMO 35c price variants show absolutely no desirability as the cover is still the same. All that is different is the price tag.

Because it's different.

And because Harry wants them all.

(thumbs u

Hey, you're the one who's getting a big for a printing error book that was never intended for anything, and had the printer seen it, would have been thrown out.

But to each his own.

Hey, you're the one who's getting a big for a printing error book that was never intended for anything, and had the printer seen it, would have been thrown out.

But to each his own.

The difference is error covers or variant covers actually change the cover, all the 35c price variants still have the same cover.

That is how cut and dry it is to me.

People can obviously collect what they want, but price variants in general I have never understood the drive to buy them. (shrug)

But like you said to each their own.

Isn't that what they did with all the Sky Captain posters in Identity Crisis #4, throw them all away? :baiting:

Anyone who pays big bucks for a "5" instead of a "0" is :screwy:

Isn't that what they did with all the Sky Captain posters in Identity Crisis #4, throw them all away? :baiting:

Anyone who pays big bucks for a "5" instead of a "0" is :screwy:

I thought that was you!

Oh, and BTW, that Identity Crisis 4 I made a huge profit on. Just FYI. (thumbs u