• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

Can't believe the guy is a moderator of a highly respected forum. You just can't make this stuff up.

Neither can I.

Here is the latest post I put on there.

I reproduce it on here, because I believe it says it ALL....

I freely and openly posted up his e-mails so everyone could see. How can there be two sides when he contacted me through this very forum, he kept my five thousand dollars for weeks, made every excuse to delay sending the three comics, then clearly said he HAD sent them, gave me a false and fictitious tracking number, then admitted he lied and he hadn't sent them at all but he was going to send them on Monday, and then when I asked for a scan of them, he pretended shock and outrage, and called off the whole deal ??????

I've left nothing out.

I never met the guy and his offer to sell me the three comics was the first I'd heard from him.

Now he turns out to be a CPG Moderator, who publicly admitted that he only ever owned one Golden Age comic.

PLEASE - CAN YOU MAKE SENSE OF THAT ????????

The CPG forum has now completely deleted the whole thread about Lars Pedersen aka ChickenDevil.

Their Administrator said it was a private matter and not to be made public on their boards.

I think that's a disgrace.

I posted up this....

I appreciate your replies, but I think it was wrong of you to remove the other thread. I posted up my wants list on these boards because it was of interest to your members. ChickenDevil was a moderator, even if he isn't one now. He approached me to sell me the comics. I didn't know him from Adam.

Maybe it was stupid of me to send him the money, but he sounded plausible.

The fact remains that he represented these boards and that he approached me and then fraudulently stole my money.

I have openly presented the evidence and withheld nothing.

If for no other reason than to prevent people like this from scamming and duping your other board members, isn't it our duty to make this kind of evil and criminal behaviour public ???

I am the victim of a theft, and it's not exactly like it was only two hundred dollars or something.

And I am the victiom of a theft BECAUSE I posted here on your boards.

In the name of justice, please re-instate the other thread.

Please, fellow GCG members, help me to fight this injustice.

sleeping.gif

I'm genuinely sorry that my being ripped off for five thousand dollars is boring you.

drama-queen.jpg ...It's not so much as it's boring,....but it seems you can't go a week without a major drama or scandal.....Ian ,...your posts are like Dynasty re-runs.....

sleeping.gif

I'm genuinely sorry that my being ripped off for five thousand dollars is boring you.

No problem - I forgive you. Maybe if you didn't threaten to sue him and have him arrested 2 weeks after you ordered the books, things would have taken a different turn (or maybe not). I'm a very impatient person, but I think you could be the most impatient person of all time.

It's not so much as it's boring,....but it seems you can't go a week without a major drama or scandal.....Ian ,...your posts are like Dynasty re-runs.....

How I wish that were not the case. Oh HOW I wish.

Maybe if you didn't threaten to sue him and have him arrested 2 weeks after you ordered the books, things would have taken a different turn (or maybe not).

Six weeks, and after he sent me an e-mail with a fake tracking number and said he had actually sent them, and after Mephisto discovered that he was a former Moderator on CPG who had publicly said he had no Golden Age comics.

Believe me, I WANTED to still believe him till the evidence became overwhelming.

I honestly don't understand your being criticized by anyone on this or any other forum as being a drama queen. People here post updated "banned Ebay user" lists and go on and on about how some guy made it there because he overcharged them 1.50 in postage according to their postage tables. Others take the time to link auctions that seem suspicious as warnings to those that might avert tragedy.

You have a legitimate complaint. A real reason to "cry" and others are putting you down for it. You are out $5,000 as it now stands and you're using the forums as many others do that have complaints that aren't even close to the severity of yours.

I hope you resolve this and wish there was something that I could do to aid you. I also hope that this Forum's members that advocate "good samaritanship" in so many other cases in their hobby watchdog sense will lighten up on you. To blame you as a willing victim for being trusting because you yourtself are trustworthy, makes no sense at all. To blame you as being a drama queen for trying to use the Forums to right a major wrong, as so many others with a strong sense of what's right and wrong do on a regular basis, makes even less sense.

Your quest for completion is probably unique at this time in this hobby. A major, major, and probably unique accomplishment.

You have a legitimate complaint. A real reason to "cry" and others are putting you down for it. You are out $5,000 as it now stands and you're using the forums as many others do that have complaints that aren't even close to the severity of yours.

Thankyou Paul

I am genuinely indebted to you.

You put the facts in such a concise and fair way, that I am really really appreciative.

I see all these complaints against other sellers, both on e-bay and elsewhere, and none of them seem to have defrauded any customers in quite the same way as this Lars Pedersen defrauded me of five thousand dollars.

Believe me it HURTS.

Firstly because I really can't afford to lose the money.

Secondly because I may never find Detective 3, 4, and 5 in such affordable grades, and I believed the guy when he said he had them, because he even quoted me the correct Overstreet price for them in low grade.

Thirdly because I just spent two hours at the Police Station filing a report which may well get him arrested but which may take an eternity to get me my money back, if ever.

OMG... a whole new world of comic geeks to annoy and otherwise irritate.

Your little microwave cartoon is sick - I'm ashamed to say it made me laugh in spite of that fact.

893applaud-thumb.gif I don't know where I got it, but I'm pretty sure we have Beyonder to thank for it! 893applaud-thumb.gif