• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

Yep, all ten days. Been collecting for about 25 years. Just found out about the CGC boards.

P.S. Just giving you a little greef Ian.

Please note that I put this stooges.gif in my post (hold your mouse over it and see what it says). thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the boards!

Yep, all ten days. Been collecting for about 25 years. Just found out about the CGC boards.

Hmmmmmmm

No location.

No info.

I wonder who he is ??????????????????????????????????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmmmmmm

No location.

No info.

I wonder who he is ??????????????????????????????????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hope you get your cash, I've got stung too... for a lot smaller amount, but it still smarts all the same.

The money actually arrived back this morning.

Consider yourself lucky Ian.

Timely

Congrats on getting your money Ian, but if I get another story like this here along the same lines, you'll get no sympathy from me. Remember, get references, ask the folks here, etc. BEFORE you commit to a transaction. You'll sleep better.

No offense intended (okay, maybe a little)! I'm glad you got your money back, but holy [!@#%^&^]! I'm been seeing nothing but...look at my collection, look at how many more issues I need, look at my collection pictures, listen to my rip off story, etc. since I've been on these boards. Do you have a life outside of this hobby? RELAX; you're going to give yourself a heart attack!! I have a suggestion. Don't send $5,000 to a complete stranger just because he says he has books (no scans..???).

See Ian, I think we all root for you to complete your amazing collection, and no one here wants to see you get ripped off. It's not what you say, but how you say it--Like the sky is falling, armageddon 893blahblah.gif . If you just got a little less neurotic in your posts, while still keeping that mindset of calling the cops, maybe people would root for you a little more. Like walk softly, and carry a big stick!

To steal a quote from Allen Iverson, "we're talkin' bout comic books, comic books "

(not quite verbatim)

Ian is Ian. He is 100% consistant in his behavior, so he's not going to change or turn into someone else at this stage in his life. Love him or hate him, he is simply being himself.

In short, the drama and myopia are here to stay.

He does show a marked tendancy toward staying in very specific threads, i.e. those that are about him. So he is easy to avoid, for those posters who find his style a tad too intense.

And for those who are deeply bothered, there's always the 'ignore user' feature.

Personally, I'm torn in my opinion of him. I find his collection amazing, and I am often entertained by his manic responses to every aspect of completing it. However, I find his self-centeredness a bit off-putting (and yes, it's just Ian being Ian). So I read some threads, and I skip others. I believe that my response to Ian is my issue, not his.

I hope he completes his quest. I loved seeing the photos. I envy him his full runs of Wonder Woman, Sensation, JLA, Comic Cavalcade, All-Star, etc. I like the fact that he doesn't care about grade. I hope he reads his comics, as that is what I would do in his shoes. He has shelf after shelf of wonderful stories, spanning 70 years. That's just plain cool.

Yes, it would be nice if he looked at us as a community, and joined us with that spirit, instead of just as tools to help him reach his goals. But I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'll sit on the sidelines and watch him chase his few remaining books, looking forward to that day when he secures his final issue. I don't think we'll have to wait too long.

-- Joanna

So when do we get to hear about the Mean Folks at Comiclink that dared to turn down your bid for that Detective?Why rip Vincent and Joe for putting money over your sacred quest yet not a word about Josh and his mean little friends?

BTW-What happened in Spain was a tragedy.What happened to you was stupidity.

So when do we get to hear about the Mean Folks at Comiclink that dared to turn down your bid for that Detective?

Because I tell it as I see it, and Josh has done me no harm. Far from it.

He explained to me privately that he feels the Detective 5 is overpriced himself, but the guy who owns it won't budge.. That explains why the comic has stuck there for six months without selling. Nothing malicious or greedy here, the guy who owns it paid around seven and a bit thousand for it in the first place and won't sell it at a loss. It's the highest grade slabbed. That fact makes it uselss to me, as I'd only crack it anyway. In fine, graded 6.0, it lists at $2850, so I'd even go up to five grand for it, but not eight.

That's all.

I think Josh is nice.

And the fact that this Detective 5 is way overpriced is not his fault.

Ian is Ian. He is 100% consistant in his behavior, so he's not going to change or turn into someone else at this stage in his life. Love him or hate him, he is simply being himself.

In short, the drama and myopia are here to stay.

Hmmmmmmm

I'm almost tempted to agree with you.

********Instead, I'll sit on the sidelines and watch him chase his few remaining books, looking forward to that day when he secures his final issue. I don't think we'll have to wait too long.*****

Uhmmm...What happens then?

He does show a marked tendancy toward staying in very specific threads, i.e. those that are about him. So he is easy to avoid, for those posters who find his style a tad too intense.

However, I find his self-centeredness a bit off-putting (and yes, it's just Ian being Ian).

Yes, it would be nice if he looked at us as a community, and joined us with that spirit, instead of just as tools to help him reach his goals. -- Joanna

funny but i hadn't looked at it this way before. come to think of it, i don't ever remember an Ian post that wasn't on an Ian thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

funny but i hadn't looked at it this way before. come to think of it, i don't ever remember an Ian post that wasn't on an Ian thread.

There are many - Neat Stuff, Greggy's shorts, slabbing, what else do you collect, lots and lots.

With fourteen comics to go, I tend to be rather focused at the moment, however. I would like to complete it all, then I can just slowly upgrade at my leisure, and at a much slower pace.

funny but i hadn't looked at it this way before. come to think of it, i don't ever remember an Ian post that wasn't on an Ian thread.

There are many - Neat Stuff, Greggy's shorts, slabbing, what else do you collect, lots and lots.

With fourteen comics to go, I tend to be rather focused at the moment, however. I would like to complete it all, then I can just slowly upgrade at my leisure, and at a much slower pace.

gossip.gifdevil.gif