• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first CGC comic...

42 posts in this topic

First few were from my one and only CGC submission. I don't have a lot of nice older books so I tested the moderns with the exception of one.

Spider-Man 1 Silver 9.6 white

Ultimate Spidey 1 9.4 white

ASM 300 9.6 white

ASM 145 9.2 (don't remember the page color...this was the nicest old book i had)

I'd like to submit more but it's expensive and takes too long. If I actually had anything worth getting graded I'd do it but all i really want slabbed is my mid grade Iron Man 1

Which was your first CGC comic (bought or sent to be graded)?

CS submissions:

Miss America #1 = 9.0 PLOD (I knew it was restored when I sent it in)

Hulk #181 = 8.5

X-Men #1 = 2.0 893whatthe.gif (had to prove to the freakin' seller that the "killer" book was not VF/NM)... crazy.gif

And which one is your fav. from your coll.?!

Regards

Impossible for me to choose just one but I'm kinda partial to my "Robotmen of the Lost Planet"... thumbsup2.gif

Nick Fury 1 9.2 was my first CGC book.

My favorite is Nick Fury 12 9.4 wp. I am a BWS fan. My favorite could change as I have a Conan 16 to submit which is one of my favorite Conan covers from Smith's run.

Sent in DETECTIVE COMICS #140 and STRANGE TALES #110.

Both came back with labels reversed. Had to send them back to get straighten out and they did very fast. Been sending books to them ever since. TEC graded at 2.0 & ST at 5.5. You should of seen my reaction when I first seen the grade on the DC. But then reality sunk in and I noticed the mislabeling. Talk about first impressions.

i believe that my first CGC purchase was a restored Showcase #4 in 8.5 about 2 years ago.

my first submission included 30 books with a St #115, FF #24 and a DD #3 all in 9.4. also from that batch, had a FF #22, X-men #6, Avengers #3, ASM #12 and DD #4, all in 9.2. all with blue labels.grin.gif

i think my favorite book might be a Detective #33 (first origin of Batman) in a restored 7.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My first CGC book--well, I had 10 of them.

I sent a batch of 10 books to CGC a few years back.

X-Men Giant Size 1 came back 8.0.

X-Men 94 2 copies came back 7.5 and 6.5

Detective Comics # 73 came back 7.5

Silver Surfer #1 (1968) came back 9.0.

Iron Man # 1 came back 8.0.

The high point of the lot was Amazing Spider-man #42 which came back 9.4!

My favorite--hard to say.

For Golden Age, the 'Tec 73 was beautiful, but unfortunately I sold it last year.

For Silver Age, definitely my 8.0 Avengers # 4, which I unfortunately now am selling in my current auctions.

RushComics auctions: Ending tonight and still below guide! Superman # 35 8.0 and Young Allies #7 9.0!