• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FU Loey

431 posts in this topic

Nope you are wrong..I was there! The version being passed around is missing elements..

it has been altered or portions deleted..the ASK BL thread hasn't been up on the WC front page for a long time and certainly wasn't being discussed that night..

Don't know why no one will believe I was there..duh

Seriously Dice these people are going of a modified version of the thread being passed around they are not getting the full story and it is not fair to Oakman..

BUT the entire thing just needs to disappear..

The suicide conversation was in the Ask Baltimore Lauren thread. It was not a part of this conversation.

Jim there was a comment about suicide not being covered in ones life insurance,I took that as an underhanded comment about my fathers suicide.Once that was said I Told greggy that that was enough.He continued to comment about my daughters drug addiction and how she was a crack whore.How would you feel if someone said these things about your family?

we all have family issues as well as comic book issues

And some people have Batman Family issues.

:acclaim:

I have issues with people that collect Batman Family issues.. :jokealert:

My issue is that I have an issue with people who have issues with what issues other people choose to collect. You should issue an apology for all the issues your criticism of Batman Family issues may cause.

I have issues with issuing apologies for issues I do not own or collect..since I currently have no issues that is a lot of issues to have issues with..

I would take a stand on other issues but when I do it crinkles the covers of the issues and then they must be pressed and that opens up a whole entire other thread of issues with people who have issues on pressing and pressing threads..

I would find myself hard pressed to start a thread that would stir up that issue..

Seriously Dice these people are going of a modified version of the thread being passed around they are not getting the full story and it is not fair to Oakman..

The suicide conversation was in the Ask Baltimore Lauren thread. It was not a part of this conversation.

Jim there was a comment about suicide not being covered in ones life insurance,I took that as an underhanded comment about my fathers suicide.Once that was said I Told greggy that that was enough.He continued to comment about my daughters drug addiction and how she was a crack whore.How would you feel if someone said these things about your family?

I am sorry Oak I was willing to let it drop I tried ..let's just ignore them

if they can't understand Arch is wise and uses his power for good..

then too bad..

I only jumped in because I would not stand ANY of my friends real or "virtual" being treated like that..

Just like when someone stood up for me when a board member here suggested I go commit suicide..

Arch was right..nuff said

I'll take your word for it. Just so you know, Greg's mom is in a nursing home. She also had a stroke a few months back.

I never wanted to start anything,my first comment in the "Do you rent or own" thread.Someone said there is no "nerd living in his moms basement" part of a poll.I said "wait Greggy has'nt posted yet.He made comment about my crack addicted,whore of a daughter.I made a comment(jokingly mind you) about it being better than a Canadian Asian living in his mothers basement.Then he took it to a dark place.I dont want to go beyond that.I did'nt think the comments I made were bad,because I've read others who have made those very same comments jokingly as well.I'm sorry Greggy got a strike,maybe I should have too.I never meant for it to go beyond joking,but Greggy took it well beyond.I learned a very big lesson,to never put out my personal problems on the boards.I always thought of you guys as not just people I talk to every day,but as friends. 2c

For what it's worth greggy has always been a good guy to me. When i joined here nearly 7 years ago he trolled me (in a nice way) with his 666 PMs and such I got to know him. I did know that his mom wasn't doing well at the time and the only thing I can think of short of me missing something is that his mom may have been a sensitive subject for him and maybe it was the time of year that made it even more sensitive.

The stuff he said was not really cool (and I think i got the gist of it from what you say Dave).

Hope you guys can clear this up as you are both top notch people as far as I can tell from my dealings with you both...in person and on the boards.

R.

Thank you Roy. :applause: I'm sorry about his mom.I really did'nt want it to be personal,it was just a nerd joke,you know! (shrug)

Joke or not, it touched a nerve and Greggy reacted.

I never wanted to start anything,my first comment in the "Do you rent or own" thread.Someone said there is no "nerd living in his moms basement" part of a poll.I said "wait Greggy has'nt posted yet.He made comment about my crack addicted,whore of a daughter.I made a comment(jokingly mind you) about it being better than a Canadian Asian living in his mothers basement.Then he took it to a dark place.I dont want to go beyond that.I did'nt think the comments I made were bad,because I've read others who have made those very same comments jokingly as well.I'm sorry Greggy got a strike,maybe I should have too.I never meant for it to go beyond joking,but Greggy took it well beyond.I learned a very big lesson,to never put out my personal problems on the boards.I always thought of you guys as not just people I talk to every day,but as friends. 2c

For what it's worth greggy has always been a good guy to me. When i joined here nearly 7 years ago he trolled me (in a nice way) with his 666 PMs and such I got to know him. I did know that his mom wasn't doing well at the time and the only thing I can think of short of me missing something is that his mom may have been a sensitive subject for him and maybe it was the time of year that made it even more sensitive.

The stuff he said was not really cool (and I think i got the gist of it from what you say Dave).

Hope you guys can clear this up as you are both top notch people as far as I can tell from my dealings with you both...in person and on the boards.

R.

Thank you Roy. :applause: I'm sorry about his mom.I really did'nt want it to be personal,it was just a nerd joke,you know! (shrug)

Kung Fu Panda. There is no secret ingredient.

I'll take your word for it. Just so you know, Greg's mom is in a nursing home. She also had a stroke a few months back.

I'm very sorry for that,I don't mean any ill will.I'm sure this will all just blow over,and I'm sure Greg and I will get along in due time.Nuff Said!

R.

Agreed. Everyone has known Greggy for years and knows this was out of character.

Something sparked it and it got out of hand. I'm sure that things would have been handled differently in hindsight, but all we can do now is pick up the pieces and move on.

We all need to be the better person and just let it die. Nothing good can come out of reliving this situation. Nothing. Just let it go.

Any situation where I am the peacemaker, you know it's dripping with trouble.

I'm very sorry for that,I don't mean any ill will.I'm sure this will all just blow over,and I'm sure Greg and I will get along in due time.Nuff Said!

I'm not excusing his behavior and, yes, he over reacted, but he wasn't in it alone. I hope everything has sorted itself out for you in the last 11/12 months. I know what it's like to be ambivalent about future plans. It isn't fun.

R.

Agreed. Everyone has known Greggy for years and knows this was out of character.

Something sparked it and it got out of hand. I'm sure that things would have been handled differently in hindsight, but all we can do now is pick up the pieces and move on.

We all need to be the better person and just let it die. Nothing good can come out of reliving this situation. Nothing. Just let it go.

No arguments here.

You do have a way with words. :gossip:

DR.X

Dirty talk will get you nowhere. :sumo:

I feel another X-Mas day massacre coming. The perfect storm is brewing. :eek:

Maybe that's lunch I feel. Either way...the storm is coming. hm

R.

Mother's basement jokes are a pretty standard cliche when it comes to hobbies like this one, and it would be fair for Oakman to assume that it would be fairly innocuous comment. Intent is everything.

If it was anyone but Greggy who responded this way, that person would be publically annihilated.