• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How big is your...

40 posts in this topic

Anyone over 10K comics, can u give me your address?

Yes its:

555 Please Rob Me Lane

Walla Walla, NY 00009

stooges.gif

...collection?? Just curious, I read through the threads and wonder just what people have in the amount of collected comics? I have roughly 5,000 or so and that number grows every month!

I'm currently at about 120,000 comics and magazines. Hopefully, that'll go down in number shortly.

I'm currently at about 120,000 comics and magazines.

Any room left in the house for furniture? tongue.gif

I actually have a storage facility, etc. There are WAY too many comics in the house as it is though.

Stacked the right away, three long boxes across, then three on top with a 90 degree pivot, you can get a fair number of long boxes into a small space. (Also with plywood between some layers to spread out the load.)

Gorilla/heavy racks also work but they tend to take up more space. You can usually get 5 long boxes on each shelf (with 5 shelves). So assuming 300 per long box, you can actually get about 7500 comics on each 6'x8' rack.

I have about 2000, but only really 200 or so are in my "keeper" collection. Everything else is technically available for sale, if I get around to it. Only 3 slabs. Those were testers, as I don't slab books unless I intend to sell them, and figure I can get more slabbed than raw.

I'm currently at about 120,000 comics and magazines. Hopefully, that'll go down in number shortly.

These 120,000 are in your PERSONAL collection or does that include resale inventory? How many do you consider "keepers"?

These 120,000 are in your PERSONAL collection or does that include resale inventory? How many do you consider "keepers"?

Right now, I'm quickly losing interest in new comic books actually. I still receive new shipments from Westfield Comics twice a month (and buy from stores) but I'm finding I actually don't read more than one or two before just bagging and boarding the rest. (I ordered all the variations of the Wanted covers but haven't even read them, etc.)

About 18,000 were amassed personally before I did a warehouse buy of over 100,000 comics and magazines.

At this point, I'm only "collecting" books that I first read as a child, so if you're talking about books that I'd keep for sentimental reasons, there are only maybe 100 comics (not expensive ones either.)

Someone noted that if you become a dealer, you must shed the "collector" mentality and not become overly attached to any particular comic. This is proving to be true in my case.

Someone noted that if you become a dealer, you must shed the "collector" mentality and not become overly attached to any particular comic. This is proving to be true in my case.

You can have it both ways you just won't be a very successful dealer as I prove month in and month out.

CRC