• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you guys do???

160 posts in this topic

did Danny feature the sigs in his ebay auction?? if not, they are probably real. but, since they cant be authenticated after the fact, I cant see how they add value or even sentiment to the 8.0. Better to get your dough, start over, reload for a higher grade book.

I was thinking about that last night and no he didnt.

You would think a guy like him would have mentioned it in the auction to try and maybe squeeze out an extra few bucks. He also never mentioned it in subsequent emails. We probably had over 20 emails back and forth after the sale with him asking me about other books i needed. He never mentioned the sigs in any of those later conversations so i'm thinking he probably had no idea about them either (shrug)

he claims co-signment on several of his auctions. It could be he tries to increase the grades for higher commissons.

Could be but from what I've read over the last month, he's just out and out screwing people and hoping for people who won't CGC their book to come along.

Dannys MO as you can read all about here, is always the classic Mail Order game. The reliance on human nature that out of every ten guys he screwws, most wont realize it, and all but one of the rest will blame themselves and eat their losses quietly w/o a peep. So that leaves only 1 he has to make good on out of 10 deals. So he cheerfully and openly gives back their money.

a classic anti-social win/win proposition!

Thanks, i've actually seen the clink but not the CC one.

The CC one is not an option. I'm definitely not dropping $2600 for a cow. I'd rather have a 8.0 ow/w than a 9.0c/ow.

The Clink one COULD be an option. it presents fairly well except for that tanning along the right edge. Not sure how bad the tanning is in hand but the scan doesnt really get me excited. The PQ is less than i'd like but acceptable. It's also not centered very well imo.

Question is, what would they take for it. Thats a pretty monster gap between the ask and bid. For about the bid price, i'd be tempted. For anywhere close to the ask price, no way.

I would return it. An 8.0 X-Men 2 won't command a premium even with Kirby or Lee's sig (though unofficial)...if you paid north of 8.0 market, you should be getting a 9.0+ in return..not a tough book, get your $ back and sink it into a legit 9.0-9.2 copy at the least 2c

Ok, i'm leaning towards returning it now so it looks like i will need a replacement.

Any chance anyone has or knows someone that has a 9.0-9.2 white pages Xmen2 that would be willing to work a trade involving this? Batman #3 8.0 ow/w and presents VERY nicely :shy:

bat3.jpg

It is a nice book that might represent the best you can for now do pending a future upgrade.

Why not work with Robo to see if you can get a partial refund?

If his grading was proven to be that far off, he might go for it.

I was talking about that with a boardie on PM. The 8.0 doesnt really bother me that much since it presents very nice but what REALLY burns me up is the extra $ i overpaid that will fund more books for that mother :censored: to screw someone else over with. If i could get back a little $ from him, i would definitely keep the book and be happy with it.

Based on our emails though, i'm 100% certain he will NOT give me any partial refund. He wants the book back to screw over the next dummy like me and hope that the next person doesnt send it in to be slabbed.

did Danny feature the sigs in his ebay auction?? if not, they are probably real. but, since they cant be authenticated after the fact, I cant see how they add value or even sentiment to the 8.0. Better to get your dough, start over, reload for a higher grade book.

You would think a guy like him would have mentioned it in the auction to try and maybe squeeze out an extra few bucks. He also never mentioned it in subsequent emails. We probably had over 20 emails back and forth after the sale with him asking me about other books i needed. He never mentioned the sigs in any of those later conversations so i'm thinking he probably had no idea about them either (shrug)

This is the other half of DDs MO. After he has you as a customer through eBay, he'll offer to fill your want list. Then he has the opportunity to sell you more overgraded slab-cracked books, or slip you one of his trimmed/CT'd beauties.

I don't think what u paid matters.

you bought a raw book, if u paid for a 9.0 and got an 8.0 it melts down to grading being subjective.

as far as raw books on the internet you roll the dice.

That's normally true and I expect bad grading on eBay but this is different. In my mind, I was INTENTIOALLY screwed over by robojo (thumbs u

This is the only type of screwing over that Danny offers. The book is likely a formerly slabbed 7.5-8.5 that DD cracked out and graded 9.2 for eBay sale. That's his current MO.

Huh. More and more I just repeat what others have already said. ;)

Great minds think alike. :grin:

Or, maybe it's 'fools never differ'... lol

This is the other half of DDs MO. After he has you as a customer through eBay, he'll offer to fill your want list. Then he has the opportunity to sell you more overgraded slab-cracked books, or slip you one of his trimmed/CT'd beauties.

^^

That's exactly what happened. After a while, I started getting suspicious that he had all these insane books with little to know scans. That's when I started to research him and found these boards and the whole Danny story.

I say return it as well and post feedback on Robojo saying how he overgrades tremendously

Unfortunately, i'm a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person and already left positive feedback long ago when i was dumb enough to think i found a decent source and he was going to help fill my want list :blush: I guess dummies like me are why he has 4 million positive feedbacks.

Like i said, i am leaning towards returning it now but i would LOVE to have a replacement lined up and work a trade using the Batman #3. That would make the decision a no brainer.

Anyone that would like to trade??? :shy: If anyone could help "broker" a trade with someone they know, i would DEFINITELY make it worth your while.

It is a nice book that might represent the best you can for now do pending a future upgrade.

If i could get back a little $ from him, i would definitely keep the book and be happy with it.

Based on our emails though, i'm 100% certain he will NOT give me any partial refund. He wants the book back to screw over the next dummy like me and hope that the next person doesnt send it in to be slabbed.

Wow that's hardcore. I was going to suggest a partial refund as well. At least your not really out anything.

If i could get back a little $ from him, i would definitely keep the book and be happy with it.

Wow that's hardcore. I was going to suggest a partial refund as well. At least your not really out anything.

You mean other than the WAY too much $ I paid for an 8.0??? lol

Oh yeah, I was worried it would be a PLOD and he'd give me a huge hassle about returning it.

He jumped at the chance to get it back though so he can resell it for even more to the next dope that comes along. I got it fairly cheap for the 9.2 it was advertised as. Someone else could easily pay even more than I did next time around.

I say return it as well and post feedback on Robojo saying how he overgrades tremendously

Unfortunately, i'm a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person and already left positive feedback long ago when i was dumb enough to think i found a decent source and he was going to help fill my want list :blush: I guess dummies like me are why he has 4 million positive feedbacks.

Like i said, i am leaning towards returning it now but i would LOVE to have a replacement lined up and work a trade using the Batman #3. That would make the decision a no brainer.

Anyone that would like to trade??? :shy: If anyone could help "broker" a trade with someone they know, i would DEFINITELY make it worth your while.

It's ok, hopefully someone else who buys from Robojo can leave feedback about his grading and what he really is trying to do. I have seen some feedbacks in the past on how he overgraded and such, but only a few compared to how many positives he has.

With regards to an X-men #2, i will keep an eye out for you. I would certainly do the trade as I am a Batman fan lol