• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

Yeah, I've been caught up in hype before. Probably explains why as a kid I owned a pair of Reebok pumps and MC Hammer pants.

Leaning on this crutch as an adult is just lame. You said it yourself "unknowing, unfamiliar". Sorry, that's not my problem. That's a you problem. Get knowing. Get familiar.

:sick:

I still use Reebok pumps. They are attached to my skates.

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

Yeah, I've been caught up in hype before. Probably explains why as a kid I owned a pair of Reebok pumps and MC Hammer pants.

Leaning on this crutch as an adult is just lame. You said it yourself "unknowing, unfamiliar". Sorry, that's not my problem. That's a you problem. Get knowing. Get familiar.

While wearing your Members Only jacket?

No way. I was a Shams Da Baron man.

No way. I was a Shams Da Baron man.

I was a Z Cavaricci man myself (thumbs u

I think we should also get greengod to get kids to try and pull their pants up. It's another fad worth getting the truth out on.

:insane:

I think we should also get greengod to get kids to try and pull their pants up. It's another fad worth getting the truth out on.

:insane:

:roflmao:

people buy jeans these days that already have holes in them :o

I know. I take pride in making my own holes, not in wearing someone else's hole.

:sumo:

I think we should also get greengod to get kids to try and pull their pants up.

Lord, I wish someone would.

Doesnt bother me as much as the frikkin nut huggers they wear. OT: It is NOT cool to wear your sisters pants! No dude should have a yeast infection :sick:

Can someone explain to me why in gods name someone paid full price while the bid was at just 92k??? ???

maybe i'm wrong and the seller would have not accepted anything but the full amount but with the bid at 92k, it seems to me like they DEFINITELY could have gotten it for less than 150K.

I mean is there any possible way that the seller wouldnt have accepted like 140k if not less? 5% off the asking price would have been 142.5k. I cant believe he wouldnt have taken 5% lower than his asking price. 7.5k is A LOT of money to save i dont care who you are or how much money you have!

Can someone explain to me why in gods name someone paid full price while the bid was at just 92k??? ???

maybe i'm wrong and the seller would have not accepted anything but the full amount but with the bid at 92k, it seems to me like they DEFINITELY could have gotten it for less than 150K.

I mean is there any possible way that the seller wouldnt have accepted like 140k if not less? 5% off the asking price would have been 142.5k. I cant believe he wouldnt have taken 5% lower than his asking price. 7.5k is A LOT of money to save i dont care who you are or how much money you have!

Your mistake is attempting to apply sound logic and reason to a sale that repudiates such concepts.

Your mistake is attempting to apply sound logic and reason to a sale that repudiates such concepts.

Even as crazy as the sale is, i at least understand someone with a ton of money paying a insane amount for the top census of a very important book. I would never do it no matter how much money i had but at least i can understand it.

For the life of me, i cant understand why someone paid the full amount though. Like i said, maybe im wrong but i cant imagine under any circumstances that the seller wouldnt have taken $140-145k if not even less.

It just seems EXTRA insane to me to go from 92k to the full asking price of 150k in 1 quick step (shrug)