• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22

31 posts in this topic

Sure sounds steep to me for extensive resto.

I think it's going to depend on the specific resto/how much of the cover has been replaced. A blue label 2.0 is probably a $12K to $15K book at this point. My thought is if this book started as a 1.5 or thereabouts, it's probably a $10K or so book. But, so few of these come to market, it's really anyone's guess (shrug)

Coverless have hit the 3-4000 mark if that helps. The top 1/3 missing cover was bought by a boarding for just above that if IRRC.

I've owned 3 copies this year.

I won an eBay auction for the 1/3 missing cover copy for $6200 but I expected to pay much more for it so I was pleasantly surprised by the win. I thought it would have approached $8 or 10K, honestly as that is in the neighbourhood of where I bid. I suppose it helped that some of my friends knew that I was going to "bid to win" and didn't bid against me.

I also acquired a coverless copy for approx $4500-5000 in trade.

I was shown the same book (CGC 6.5 EP) anonymously via email (don't know who it was or how they got my email address but I saw that same scan). They never gave me a price, just a scan of the book. Very odd.

Personally, I think Pep #22 is still undervalued (or under priced). It's arguably one of the biggest key books in comics and can be had for a fraction of what other big keys sell for and it is MUCH more rare than any other key out there. We gave out comics for Halloween this year and Archie comics where the first to go and the most asked for.

By my valuation the book sells for about 6 times current guide across the board.

Well it is a "minor" key.

Like Showcase 4 and Flash 105? :baiting:;)

lol

Is that why you got rid of yours. hm

nope, love Showcase #4, but I did sell mine to buy other books, probably more early Actions or the like. (thumbs u