• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern versus Streak the Wonder Dog!

Who was the greater hero?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greater hero?

27 posts in this topic

So Streak the Wonder Dog was introduced in Green Lantern 30:

30-1.jpg

But so heroic did Streak turn out to be that by issue 34 he became the cover feature of Green Lantern's magazine:

34-1.jpg

That's right, he pushed the Emerald Warrior right off the cover of his own magazine! And it wasn't just a one shot guest appearance. Streak would repeat the staggering feat twice again:

36-1.jpg

38-1.jpg

So was Green Lantern (Alan Scott) so completely washed up that Streak could just walk in and take over or did it require unusual superhuman feats of derring do on Streak's part to seize the spotlight?

It's been over sixty years since these events transpired, That's time enough for the verdict of history. Who then was the greater hero, Green Lantern (Alan Scott) or Streak the Wonder Dog?

I wasn't even aware of the Streak solo covers. I guess GL wasn't selling very well and the editors were trying something new.

Ahhhh, the old blame the editors gambit! Well I'm not going to let you off the hook that easily. My question remains the same - who was the greater hero?

(tsk)

I voted for GL, but only because Ace wasn't listed.

What about Rex? Wasn't he, too, a wonder dog?

We might have the makings of a DC Canine Team-up or Superteam here: Streak, Rex, Ace, and Krypto. Streaky will not be allowed into the clubhouse.

Streaky will not be allowed into the clubhouse.
He would be let in. He'd be snack. :devil:

I think Ace could kick his @ss.

Please, a dog who wears a hood to disguise himself. Ace is a doofus.

If I remember correctly, the Rin Tin Tin TV show was on at that time and it was a pretty popular.

Rusty and Rinnie were featured on several covers by Dell. Superman had a talking dog in the daily strip. Roy Rogers had Bullet the Wonder Dog.

5309002543_b9d35216e8_b.jpg

TV guide 1955

The Lassie (aka Pal) movies with Roddy and ET (1943-1951) were very popular before any of the TV stuff. Perhaps they got the idea from that or the Brooklyn cabbie driver was a little out of date for the post-war era.

30-1.jpg

But so heroic did Streak turn out to be that by issue 34 he became the cover feature of Green Lantern's magazine:

Never ever noticed Streak the Wonder Dog on this cover!

I thought it was always the babe in yellow on the left that always attracted all the attention and made this cover attractive and in demand. I never realized it was actually the dog!! lol

Actually, this issue is a real toughie to find and is listed in the OS guide as rare. Any opinions as to how rare this issue of GL really is?

30-1.jpg

I thought it was always the babe in yellow on the left that always attracted all the attention and made this cover attractive and in demand. I never realized it was actually the dog!! lol

Actually, this issue is a real toughie to find and is listed in the OS guide as rare. Any opinions as to how rare this issue of GL really is?

It is the babe in yellow that attracts the attention. I put this book on my want list because of this thread and it's not because of the dog.

30-1.jpg

I don't have a copy of this one but I do enjoy the cover. I prefer the green guy with the Grundy but the dog story is pretty good too.

2830154177_c86825668c_z.jpg

From the trailers it looks like the new movie will be the scifi version and we won't see SG or Streak.

There's nothing better tha two 7.0's in the CGC census.

That's because tits like hers are a rare find as well. That's why Green Lantern is slyly copping a feel of her butt while pretending to look at the dog.

(thumbs u

In any age Green Lantern has always been a pretty stuupid character.

His weakness was wood - very Freudian lol

I disagree. I think the silver age Green Lantern was an excellent series through the first 10 or 20 issues. A lot of repeats after that.

That's why he had so much trouble with Harlequin. One look at her cans and he couldn't summon the will power to operate his ring at optimal efficiency. I mean with all that blood rushing out of his brain....

harlequin-web_std.jpg

;)

That's why he had so much trouble with Harlequin. One look at her cans and he couldn't summon the will power to operate his ring at optimal efficiency. I mean with all that blood rushing out of his brain....

harlequin-web_std.jpg

;)

Same problems for most men :insane: