• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any information on coollinesartwork.com?

77 posts in this topic

Avalon,

No, your question was perfectly legitimate, as far as I'm concerned. The thing is that CoolLines has sort of a bad rep here that's been documented rather thoroughly. I haven't dealt with them myself, so I can't give you any valid answers, but I'm sure the others will...once they gather enough energy and motivation.... ;)

casl

Avalon,

Do a search for 'Donnelly' in this forum and you'll have the reading material alluded to above.

Are you having trouble with getting their Website to work properly, of just having trouble getting them to respond to you? Your initial post isn't clear on that point.

For my part, my experience with the Donnellys has been halfNhalf: half smooth but relatively expensive, and the other hair-tearingly frustrating.

Andrew

Avalon,

No, your question was perfectly legitimate, as far as I'm concerned. The thing is that CoolLines has sort of a bad rep here that's been documented rather thoroughly. I haven't dealt with them myself, so I can't give you any valid answers, but I'm sure the others will...once they gather enough energy and motivation.... ;)

casl

Thanks. I truly didn't know. I new to the OA addiction.

Avalon,

Do a search for 'Donnelly' in this forum and you'll have the reading material alluded to above.

Are you having trouble with getting their Website to work properly, of just having trouble getting them to respond to you? Your initial post isn't clear on that point.

For my part, my experience with the Donnellys has been halfNhalf: half smooth but relatively expensive, and the other hair-tearingly frustrating.

Andrew

doh! Thanks a lot. Some interesting reading material there. I was having trouble getting there site to work.

Truly did want their Batman Prey splash. Oh well (shrug)

Avalon,

Andrew

doh! Thanks a lot. Some interesting reading material there. I was having trouble getting there site to work.

Truly did want their Batman Prey splash. Oh well (shrug)

Pretty cool splash. Good luck!

I tried to work out a trade for the cover to Hulk Annual #13 with them recently, which they had on eBay for $1,950. They declined to do that (even though I was offering up multiple covers myself to get it), but were happy to offer to sell me the cover for $3,700. After I told them where to shove that, because I saw the cover listed for half that price on eBay, they failed to relist that item when the auction ended. Wonder why? :lol:

The Donnellys are scum and swindlers of the highest order, but go on and do business with them. This "community" doesn't deserve any better than they give you.

I know the Donnelly rep is bad but I got a great page via Comiclink over the holidays,that I'm cerain was owned by the Donnelly boys(saw it on thier site).Made an offer that was about $800 less than what they wanted AND THEY ACCEPTED IT! Still probably paid too much !

Maybe it was the Donellys , maybe it was Comiclink as the go between(they were great) , maybe it was Christmas,but I got my page fast and cheaper than I expected!

For me, if you have to put "inquire" on every piece you own, then there is something going on besides selling art at a reasonable price.

If you have masochistic tendencies, you will enjoy dealing with the Brothers Donelly

:makepoint:

"Hit me again, Steve!"

I've made deals with Steve Donnelly and hope to do more as he can offer one of the best art display but I have to join everybody regarding the price often double from what one should expect ...

But here are a thought or two :

first he's not the only well known seller to overprice that much, it's a way to promote their ebay auctions and buy it now ( overpriced too .. ) and with whom it's very hard to get a dime of discount ...

secondly, he's a nice person to talk to despite the hard bargaining and this can't be said for every seller or simple CAF member

then, what shocked me maybe seven years ago was the fact that Steve asked me to pay for his paypal fees or no paypal ...I of course paid the fees ( reluctantly I must say ..) and he was the first in my knowledge to ask such things but if you look at it now who doesn't ask for the fees ? Not a lot out there ...

If you really want your piece you just gotta work hard on it and I would advice you to try and try until it's done or gone !!!

Best wishes to everyone !!!!