• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Btw, for the ticker, just go to www.tickerfactory.com and create your own. At the end, it will give you the code to paste into you Sig Line here under My Profile. :thumbsup:

I want to play too but do trade paperbacks count? Right now I am reading JSA run from the 90's.

This is what I read today :

Strange Adventures #117, 120, 123, 126, 129, 132, 135, 136, 138, 141, 144, 147, 150, 153 156 and 160 (16)

How'd you like the Strange Adventures?

For me, today, it's a couple of Conan in Savage Sword mags and I am finishing the last few issues of Camelot 3000.

This is what I read today :

Strange Adventures #117, 120, 123, 126, 129, 132, 135, 136, 138, 141, 144, 147, 150, 153 156 and 160 (16)

How'd you like the Strange Adventures?

For me, today, it's a couple of Conan in Savage Sword mags and I am finishing the last few issues of Camelot 3000.

FAN-TAS-TIC ... I love the Atomic Knights, first time I've read those stories...

Camelot 3000 brings back lots of memories as well...

Sure. As posted above, make sure to count the issues you are reading, not just the trades. I intend on digging into some of my DC Showcases and Marvel Essentials during this reading run. :D

Yeah! I added a list to my signature to track issues. I can see myself keeping up with this for about a month lol

Read Detective 27-50 (Archive Vol 1). Highlights were 31-32 and the Joker story in 45.

Plus, I finally got to read my copy of Batman 52.

Funny you mention that one. I saw it yesterday at my LCS for 50% off.

Batman 52? Go for it! It's got a fun Joker story. (thumbs u It was re-done in the 60s and is in Best Joker Stories Ever Told. Not sure why they didn't reprint the original. ???

Batman 52? Go for it! It's got a fun Joker story. (thumbs u It was re-done in the 60s and is in Best Joker Stories Ever Told. Not sure why they didn't reprint the original. ???

No, I should've clarified, it was the Archive book that was 1/2 off. Not an actual comic though they did have 40% off. (They have only a handful of GA books though.)

Well, 4 comics a day is more than you need to read 1,000 over the course of a year and with the head start you got on Day 1, you've already built some slack.

I've already met my quota of 3 with the '80's Shadow series and I have a few issues of Alter Ego, the comic, I plan on reading right now.

Ok, people, I'm in.

I've never wrote a list of anything that I've read or watch in a year (as other people do), and I'm really behind on my reads. So, after thinking about it when I've read the other thread, I want to give it a shot.

I've been out till yesterday's night, so I didn't read anything. I'll start today and catch up.

I'll keep you posted!.

Well, 4 comics a day is more than you need to read 1,000 over the course of a year and with the head start you got on Day 1, you've already built some slack.

I've already met my quota of 3 with the '80's Shadow series and I have a few issues of Alter Ego, the comic, I plan on reading right now.

O'Neil and Kaluta :cloud9:

I think I'm going to incorporate the challenge into my blog and maybe every month write down what I've read and spotlight a few books from that pile...it might help keep me focused.

This seems like a fun challenge, I'm in. The question becomes, what to read first?

Ummm, something Star Wars related? hm

I'm actually working my way through the original Marvel series. I'm enjoying the art more than I remember when I originally read them, but enjoying the stories much less. I'm only up to about issue 15, but some of the ideas are ridiculous.

After only a few days, I'm beginning to think that even a goal of 500 comics might be unrealistic for me.