• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

:hi:

You beat me to the punch, Dave.

I had already set-up the ticker in my sig yesterday.

So far ... 1 down ... 999 to go :tonofbricks:

The first one was Savage Sword of Conan # 180 ... even though at 54 pages of story that ought to count for more than one :ohnoez:

Well,

After a brief spurt at the end, I came up way short. I won't pin it on one problem, but I do recall there being several times were I started reading a title that was really crappy, and I didn't want to continue reading the rest of the story arc, even though it was in my collection.

One of the main reasons I did this was because I am years behind in my reading of some titles. While I did catch up with some, I am still way behind in others.

I am not sure what advice I can offer you, but good luck to you. Maybe I will restart my totals and try again. Not sure. I don't think I can get to 1000 in a year. But I hope you do it.

Alex

I have no illusion that I can do it. There is no way with a 14-month old and, even without her as an excuse, I still don't think I could ... but it's a worthy experiment. Maybe I should buy more Bendis books to help along the way and cut down the reading time lol

When I heard Batty Scrooge talk about downloading a torrent of all Detective comics, I became fascinated with the idea of reading every Batman story from Detective 27-current (870). Should be a interesting journey.

I made my ticker yesterday, too. :D

counter.png

Great! Now you tell me.

I just read Walking dead compendium one in the last few days. Can I get credit for those 48 issues???

I hear you. I read quite a bit over the past week ... but that would be cheating. I count them as warm-up though.

I became fascinated with the idea of reading every Batman story from Detective 27-current (870). Should be a interesting journey.

What about all the crossover issues? Ignore them and just read Detective straight?

Ugh! Crossovers. Not sure if I will or not.

It's midnight here, so I thought I would see how far I could get today...

This is what I read today :

Strange Adventures #117, 120, 123, 126, 129, 132, 135, 136, 138, 141, 144, 147, 150, 153 156 and 160 (16)

V for Vendetta #1 - 10 (10)

Journey into Mystery #87 (1)

Daredevil #159 #160 (2)

The Brave and the Bold #40 (1)

Marvel Premiere #15 (1)

Batman #108 (1)

-------------------------

total 32 comics !

Pretty sure I'll never beat this. it's not everyday I'm home from work while the wife pulls a double shift, the kids are staying over at my folk's house and I have a fridge filled with leftovers...ah comic nerd heaven :cloud9:

I'm in; now if someone could PM me on how to set up the snail race i'd appreciate it. BTW, don't know how anyone else counts but if i read a TPB that covers six floppies, i count six.

That's a legitimate count of 6, of course.

When I heard Batty Scrooge talk about downloading a torrent of all Detective comics, I became fascinated with the idea of reading every Batman story from Detective 27-current (870). Should be a interesting journey.

I made my ticker yesterday, too. :D

counter.png

A poster over on the DC boards is re-reading his collection from BA to current mainly Batman titles. He is somewhere around mid-90's and it took a few years.