• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

How the hell do you people have enough time to read so many comics?

Let's see... Seven hours a day at work, 6 hours sleeping, 3-4 hours for friends and/or girlfriend...

That's a total of, what, sixteen or seventeen hours?

Now, how much time does one need for other important things like eating, going to the bathroom, having a shower, watching football, surfing the net? Another 5-6 hours, maybe.

That still leaves you with at least an hour or two for comic books (shrug)

Let's see... Seven hours a day at work, 6 hours sleeping, 3-4 hours for friends and/or girlfriend...

Now, how much time does one need for other important things like eating, going to the bathroom, having a shower, watching football, surfing the net? Another 5-6 hours, maybe.

(thumbs u

You're spoiling your girlfriend.

Your spoiling us :baiting:

Your spoiling us :baiting:

'Tis true.

1000 a year :o

I'm more of a "read one when the timing is right" kind of person. I just never know when that will be.

Its usually when I have the house to myself cuz the wife is out of town

I might read 100 a year lol

Finished off Transmetropolitan tonight. Absolute perfect ending.

As for the amount of time taken admiring the art in each panel, I spend quite a bit when the art is good, but significantly less if the art is bad.

Someone mentioned the Silent GI Joe issue and that got me to thinking. Marvel did a tribute month of silent comics titled "Nuff Said"

Check out this list if your interested.

Silent Comics - A Quick "Read"

So glad I found this thread and board. I had the same idea after I got back into reading comics in December. Decided to make a project out of it to read 1000 books in 2011 and came up with many of the same rules you all did. I also started a blog about it, so now I'm going to have to figure out how to add the cool ticker.

Since I'm only counting my 2011 titles, so far I'm only up to 9 issues.

Wasteland trade 1 (issues 1-6)

Unwritten issues 13-15 (have up to 20, had already read first two trades)

Wasteland is good even if I think the art is a bit distracting, but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stories.

Love Unwritten. These latest titles have it heading a little more into Sandman territory, which is dangerous but can be incredible if done correctly.

8 issues last night 5 Asm, 2 UXM, and the JSA 80 page giant. At this rate I will be up to my last shipment of moderns in a week. I should have roughly 120 moderns to catch up on, not counting the next order which should be this week or next.

Since I'm only counting my 2011 titles, so far I'm only up to 9 issues.

Wasteland trade 1 (issues 1-6)

Unwritten issues 13-15 (have up to 20, had already read first two trades)

Wasteland is good even if I think the art is a bit distracting, but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stories.

Love Unwritten. These latest titles have it heading a little more into Sandman territory, which is dangerous but can be incredible if done correctly.

Welcome to the boards! Seems you figured out the ticker OK :thumbsup:

I enjoy Unwritten more than I've ever enjoyed Sandman. Due to the hype, I have read Sandman from 1 to 75 but I have never understood the reason for all the rave personally. I must be flawed. Unwritten on the other hand I enjoy more even though I will admit that it's not on the same level as Sandman.

I stopped reading it after the first trade. I liked it, but I guess it sort of became forgettable since I never bothered continuing with the series. At the same time, though, I keep wondering if it's worth buying the rest of the trades. Would you recommend it?

Oh, and Welcome! Glad you made it.

Last night I just couldn't find time to read. After work, then working out, then making/eating dinner, spending time with my family, and writing, it was time for bed. I tried my damndest to get at least one book in, but nope, just couldn't do it. After all those other activities, even reading a comic was too much work.