• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Collecting Thread!
2 2

155 posts in this topic

Here are scans of my next two Aquaman issues:

Aquaman5.jpg

Aquaman6.jpg

:cool:

I love that Aquaman 5; it's my favorite cover of the run. I bought one at the same time I bought my Flash 113; they both came out of an original owner high-grade collection. Pretty much just as nice as yours. When I find it; I'll scan it. You have great taste "Hepcat". Perhaps one day we can meet at a show. You must come to Comic-Con one year. It's a must for any serious collector. Save your pennies. I hear it will be easier for those who didn't have the opportunity to attend the show the previous year. Check their website!

SLR

Perhaps one day we can meet at a show. You must come to Comic-Con one year. It's a must for any serious collector. Save your pennies. I hear it will be easier for those who didn't have the opportunity to attend the show the previous year. Check their website!

If you mean the San Diego Comic Con, that thought has indeed crossed my mind. Maybe, maybe in 2012.

(shrug)

Here are scans of three more of my Aquaman issues:

11-08-201170541PM.jpg

11-08-201170548PM.jpg

The #11 is a very high nostalgia book for me as it was the first issue of Aquaman I ever bought. I couldn't resist it when I saw it there on the spinner rack at Ken's Variety on Wharncliffe Road in London together with Flash 139, Atom 8 and Justice League 22. I bought them all!

11-08-201170552PM.jpg

So impressed was I by Aquaman 11 that I responded to DC's special subscription offer. Aquaman 12 hit my mail box a month or so later. I was a bit miffed with it arriving folded in half though.

:o

Nice books! As I've mentioned elsewhere, those Aquamans from 11-20 are surprisingly tough to find in high grade!

Here then are scans of two more:

16-08-201173514PM.jpg

16-08-201173521PM.jpg

The #13 has a cover that ranks right up there with my favourite Aquaman covers.

:cool:

#12 is excellent too. You really can't go too wrong with Nick Cardy.

I thought Nick was better on Aquaman than he was on the Teen Titans. His Mera always looked luscious. On the other hand his Wonder Girl sometimes looked like a sack of potatoes.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat