• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Collecting Thread!
2 2

155 posts in this topic

Nice books! As I've mentioned elsewhere, those Aquamans from 11-20 are surprisingly tough to find in high grade!

the #11 w/ the black cover makes sense but why the #12? hepcat's is the nicest copy of that book i can remember seeing

No idea. It`s always been a mystery why those Aquamans are harder to find in high grade than the earlier issues. You might think it`s because their prices aren`t high enough to draw supply from the woodworks, but there`s no shortage of Aquamans in the 20s and onwards.

Nice books! As I've mentioned elsewhere, those Aquamans from 11-20 are surprisingly tough to find in high grade!

the #11 w/ the black cover makes sense but why the #12? hepcat's is the nicest copy of that book i can remember seeing

I seem to recall that it took me many years to find a nice #12. Since I've had it for around fifteen years, I've forgotten both where I got it and precisely how difficult it was to find.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Here are scans of my Aquaman 1 and Aquaman 2:

Aquaman1.jpg

Aquaman2.jpg

It took me over 25 years to find a really nice copy of #2 but I finally got one at a show here in Toronto from Superworld of Worcester, Massachusetts.

:headbang:

Aquaman2.jpg

No idea. It`s always been a mystery why those Aquamans are harder to find in high grade than the earlier issues. You might think it`s because their prices aren`t high enough to draw supply from the woodworks, but there`s no shortage of Aquamans in the 20s and onwards.

Just took a look at the census....

11,12, and 14 have only a single 9.4 each as highest graded.

17 has a single 9.6 and no 9.4's .

13,15,16,18,and 19 have single 9.8's .

18, the wedding cover, seems to be the most plentiful. Besides the 9.8, 3 X 9.6, and 2 X 9.4 .

004-3.jpg

:applause: That has to be a grand feeling, knowing you have the best. :headbang:

Yeah but it won't last long. I'm sure a higher graded, pressed to kill, will come along soon. I got this graded about a year ago, from my personal collection, never been pressed. I'm surprised it's lasted this long as highest graded.