• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memorabilia for Mike

20 posts in this topic

Hi all:

First off... thanks so much for everyone who has been so generous in helping out Mike.

As a member of the CBCA, I also wanted to do something for our member and Director, Mike.

Last week Pat Beam (The Resurrection) suggested putting together some Superman memorabilia for Mike. I thought it was a great idea. We felt we should wait until the auctions concluded to avoid any confusion and ensure we were all pulling in the same direction.

The goal of this memorabilia drive is to give Mike some Superman items so his temporary living quarters seem more like "home." It doesn't have to be big or expensive -- it's the thought that counts. :foryou:

Perhaps this is an opportunity for those who were not able to bid in the auctions or who wanted to contribute but were outbid.

We had Mike and his family over for dinner last night. It was great to see them, and despite the unfortunate circumstances, they seemed upbeat and we had some good laughs.

SteveMike.jpg

I also took the opportunity to get the memorabilia drive started with a Superman figurine and a replica deck of vintage Superman gum cards.

supesfigurine.jpg

insidecase.jpg

cards.jpg

If you have a little something you'd like to contribute to the Superman memorabilia drive, post it here! I will send you a mailing address. If you'd like to make a private donation, please PM me.

Thanks all.

Mike.jpg

Also posted on the CBCA Boards here.

Great idea Steve.

Sorry I don't collect Superman or have any items from the Man of Steel. :sorry:

I am in the same boat,no man of steel items in my collection.Mike will you take Spider-Man stuff,got alot of that. (shrug)

Great idea Steve.

Sorry I don't collect Superman or have any items from the Man of Steel. :sorry:

I am in the same boat,no man of steel items in my collection.Mike will you take Spider-Man stuff,got alot of that. (shrug)

No worries Fay or David! :foryou:

I understand many people gave very generously. This was just to put something out there for folks who wanted to help but were unable to participate in the auction.

I've actually gotten a few more items via PM as well as some additional cash donations.

While we've been buzzing about this for a week now and it may seem like "old news," for Mike, Donna and Alyssa, the reality is just setting in. Every little bit helps. (thumbs u

I noticed Mike posted this right after my post in the 75 Years of DC Comics thread:

12/25/10 05:02 PM Re: 75 Years Of DC Comics [Re: Bob-a-loo]

I got a copy for Christmas too!

Do you know if his book perished in the blaze? :eek:

did mike lose all of his books about comics and such?

or is it better to ask, what exactly did he save comic related...making it easier for those that want to send a package?

or is it better to ask, what exactly did he save comic related...making it easier for those that want to send a package?

He managed to save two of his CGC Action boxes, but all of his raw books and other memorabilia were lost. :(

He managed to save two of his CGC Action boxes, but all of his raw books and other memorabilia were lost. :(

Correct. :foryou:

I saved the 1942 Superman book with the dust jacket. I had some other stuff on top of the CGC boxes but, it fell off. At that point the fire took out the electric and I couldn't see. Unfortunately, there was no time to feel around on the floor.

I saved the 1942 Superman book with the dust jacket. I had some other stuff on top of the CGC boxes but, it fell off. At that point the fire took out the electric and I couldn't see. Unfortunately, there was no time to feel around on the floor.

I'm sorry to hear about any books or memorabilia you lost and you are

a brave (or crazy :insane:) man searching for books with the flames and

smoke getting worse around you.

I can imagine the headlines, "A man died last night in a terrible fire trying to

save his family of funny books." :cry:

I hope you guys are slowly doing better and thank GOD your Daughter

woke up in time for you all to get out.

I'm posting this just so he doesn't get doubles ;)

Plus the two Superman items in the Auctions will be going to Mike.

(one of these days on these books, maybe when I see you;)

The orange one is "all in color for a dime" ...it's just comic related.

The Archive is Superman 1-4

books001.jpg

Hey all...been away from the boards for awhile, and it looks like I missed the auctions,

but I'd like to pass on this neat little item from one Superman fan to another:

a small metal Hallmark Supes lunchbox/Christmas tree ornament with GA graphics.

I have a few other GA-SA-BA related Supes items that I'll include as well...

supes.jpg

Hey all...been away from the boards for awhile, and it looks like I missed the auctions,

but I'd like to pass on this neat little item from one Superman fan to another:

a small metal Hallmark Supes lunchbox/Christmas tree ornament with GA graphics.

I have a few other GA-SA-BA related Supes items that I'll include as well...

supes.jpg

I recieved this today. Also, there was a Superman in Action Comics vol 2 book featuring the covers of the second 25 years. :cloud9: