• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best series of all time?

121 posts in this topic

Alas, my TMNT only made it to 62, though they've had plenty more than 100 issues. They've just been split among 4 regular volumes (1 non-canon) and 2 volumes of Tales of the TMNT. Even if it could count, I'm not sure I'd put it up there. The quality is quite inconsistent throughout the run.

I started reading through this thread and quickly realized that many people didn't read the initial post. Sure, the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four were great, but what about the other 400+ issues? :makepoint::foryou: If we bend the rules, I'm sure Sandman would be near the top of the list with 75 issues.

And I'd second anyone who said Usagi Yojimbo. Stan Sakai has been writing and drawing it since the early 80's and he's still the sole owner of the license. The series has earned multiple Eisner awards over the years and it's a very entertaining read (to me, anyway).

I'd go with Amazing Spider-Man, although my favorites would be The Avengers and The Legion.

Amazing Spider-Man #'s 1 -70(or so) are my favorite non Batman superhero stories. :cloud9:

Breaks your rules, but the "only" 75 issue run of Sandman is tops in my book.

There are still some people who say there are no quality modern books, and stop at bronze or copper or whatever. Even they would have to make an exception for this. This run is a gem.

I have heard the Starman run is very good actually.

It is great. I only read it as a back issue, but picked up 0-40 really cheap and LOVED it. The main character was in his twenties with tats and was a rabid collector of curiosities, sort of like a precursor to the Pawn Stars guys. Plus he was a kickass supe and he got a ton of tail. Not your father's superhero. 5 stars from me.

Breaks your rules, but the "only" 75 issue run of Sandman is tops in my book.

There are still some people who say there are no quality modern books, and stop at bronze or copper or whatever. Even they would have to make an exception for this. This run is a gem.

For the under 100-issue runs, Sandman is up there. As are both volumes of Jonah Hex. The modern run is up to 63 and is still outstanding.

Hellblazer over 270 issues of greatness and still kicking arse.

n10886.jpg

Absolutely! Been reading (AND ENJOYING!) the adventures of John Constantine since Swamp Thing #37!

(thumbs u