• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 in CL Auction

82 posts in this topic

Wasn't an Action #1 recently sold that had the entire contents except for the Superman story and the cover? It would seem that that buyer would also be the perfect buyer for this book.

Unless one sold and I missed it, I think you're thinking of that Tec #27 (missing the cover, Batman wraps + CF) that keeps changing hands.

Just wondering what peoples' opinion on this book is, considering the condition its in. Also, any guestimates what this book will fetch?

http://www.comiclink.com/./auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2011feb%23Item%5F874381&id=874381

Can anybody expalin why this book was given a CGC grade of only 0.5 or is this the maximum grade given out for any "incomplete" book? ???

If the only reason for this 0.5 grade is due to the missing centerfold, does this mean the book will take a substantial jump in grade if a married centerfold is found for this so-called "incomplete" book? hm

I think the main reason for the 0.5 is the missing centerfold. I'm pretty sure any incomplete book is going to get a 0.5 from CGC. This book also has a 3" piece missing from 7 interior pages and a 2" hole on the front page so the interior does have some additional problems that also probably helped keep the grade down.

The front cover looks amazing but the interior has some problems.

So would your rather have an Ep Action 1 or a blue label Tec 29 or 31 at about the same dollar figure.

Tec #29

Tec 29...Hrrmmm.. hm

Would depend on the condition of the two books in front of me. But I have a feeling I would always opt for Action 1.

As a comic book collector it just doesn't get any cooler then Action 1.

And that's coming from me.. a Batman fan.

So would your rather have an Ep Action 1 or a blue label Tec 29 or 31 at about the same dollar figure.

Tec #29

Tec 29...Hrrmmm.. hm

Would depend on the condition of the two books in front of me. But I have a feeling I would always opt for Action 1.

As a comic book collector it just doesn't get any cooler then Action 1.

And that's coming from me.. a Batman fan.

I'd take an EP Action 1 if complete--married pages or covers ok. Otherwise, the Tecs win.

The Action Comics #1 CGC .5 (EP) brought in $43,000 !!!!!!

:applause:

You could get two of those Actions for a 9.6 Avengers 4 and have a few bucks left over.