• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen 1 cgc 9.4 sells for $57K on comiclink!!!!!!!!!!

193 posts in this topic

Others agree.....Please stick around 893crossfingers-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

Yeah, I second that. hi.gif

I fourth that. Take the good with the bad--that's what makes message board a double-edged sword.

Although I haven't purchased from ComicLink, I have attempted to do so in the past and agree the system of communication (maybe better intuitive web design) could improve.

I have heard nothing but good things about the integity of Josh and ComicLink. Best of luck-

Sterling

From all the credit threads on here, it would appear barely anyone uses a CC on here anyways. So if they're not using a CC, they're not paying the extra 3 percent? If I buy from CL, I send them a check or money order. No big deal.

Enough whining goes on and pretty soon Josh will just charge a flat BP for all transactions. At which point I'll be saying a big [!@#%^&^] you to all the whiners.

Brian

I use Credit Cards for almost all my purchases because I like the rebates I get, plus I have the abiltity to pay them off on time.

The fact is, dealers / sellers FACTOR in the cost of credit card fees in their selling price, so those who pay with cash are basically handing the seller an additional 3% profit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Josh, what's up with the 3% credit card surcharge? Is that still in effect or something similar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To echo BOC and FF and FFBono - this is exactly why I have not purchased off CL because this business practice is illegal. So how anyone can attribute the term "honest businessman" when this policy is in place is beyond me. The definition of oxymoronic I would suggest. Only when the 3% CC surcharge is gone, can I even begin to give CL the benefit of the doubt, until that time he is the purveyor of illegal business tactics - cut and dried.

I have never understood why people get so mad at this. 893frustrated.gif

Lets say Comiclink decides to NOT charge 3% for credit cards (or however he words it). Now since he is a middle man, he decides he must charge 13% commission to achieve exactly the same profit per book (and explains to the seller that 3% of the commission is for the use of credit cards).

Buyer buys book that seller now has jacked up the price by 3% (because of the credit card fee). Buyer doesn't mind bidding 3% more because he knows he will pay it with a credit card. Seller makes same profit, CL makes same profit and buyer pays exactly the same amount as before.

BUT:

Now if a buyer DOESN'T uese a credit card, COMICLINK would make 3% more PROFIT. 893whatthe.gif

The current system rewards those Buyers who can pay in cash. I have ZERO problem with that.

Have to say that sfilosa is one of the better posters on this board, having said that - the above analogy is severly flawed - and yet I will still point them out. 10_5_130.gif

The point is hes passing along unreasonable business expenses to the buyer 893naughty-thumb.gif

In your first arguement - pass on 3% xtra to sellers, then a potential outcome is that sellers list books elsewhere.

In your second, sellers jack the price up 3%, another logical outcome is that fewer books will be sold.

Its the same thing as charging PayPal fees off to your buyers, or 893whatthe.gif the overcharging on shipping. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO INCUR THE FEES THEN DONT OFFER THE SERVICE makepoint.gif

Josh...I don't know you from a bar of soap. I just recently purchased a book from you (finalised ist week of Feb 2004) and I have to tell you that your process sucks. After giving you credit card details I have never received confirmation that the deal has been finalised or that the book has been sent (although the money has gone through and the book has been removed from your site).

I still haven't received any book, I still don't know how it was sent or when it was sent. I used your service because of the kudos people on these boards have given you but right now I am not too enamoured about doing any more business.

Ok......suffice to say that this is one of those great communication snafu's where neither party is in the right or the wrong.

Having said that I unequivocably withdraw my comments quoted above and apologise for the key statement that the transaction was consumated. To this end I have no reason to not give comic link another try and certainly no reason to denigrate them.

Sorry Josh. flowerred.gif

This may be the last time that I read or post on this forum. Many of the opinions expressed are not based on any facts, just the "sense of impropriety". I have known Josh for many years now and I can say with complete certainty that he is an honest businessman who I have the utmost confidence in when it comes to transactions of any size. I have bought and sold over 100K worth of books so I believe myself to have a basis for my opinion.

Josh has just gotten his new web site off of the ground a few months ago. Give him a chance to incorporate these changes into the site. I am a computer programmer as well and although your myopic view is that the changes can be made in a few hours, it is better served to fully test and implement a number of changes at one time to maximize the productivity and minimize the cost involved. Does anyone on these boards exercise even a minute amount of patience when it comes to these things?

These attacks are completely unwarranted and unjustified. There are other dealers in this industry who have a justifiable bad reputation, but Josh is NOT one of those dealers and should not be slandered on these boards. As he has mentioned, he will listen to constructive criticism about his site. He has taken it from me in the past on a number of occasions and I expect him to continue to in the future.

There appears to be far too many uninformed collectors expressing their opinions on these boards and even more newbies BELIEVING what these uninformed collectors say.

Signing off and disgusted.

Brent

893applaud-thumb.gif (for the sentiment expressed in his posting, not because he's threatening to leave the boards!)

i'm impartial to this, but you have to ask yourself, why is it that CL always gets the haters? confused-smiley-013.gif why never blazingbob? has anyone ever considered this? to me being on the fence with this whole thread this will tell me that CL has bad business practices. i've never heard anyone complain or hate on blazingbob here, so it wouldn't take a genius to figure out his business model is good. maybe CL should take the constructive criticism in stride and fix the problems with his buy orders and e-mail notifications. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifhi.gif

just my two bills, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

pimpy

I've bought from both......Bob is a steller-seller......the only thing negative I can say about Josh is that he is slooooow on the release....I've waited up to a month for a book to be shipped from Comic-Link,..and usually after I have to call and inquire about the delay....

I see a pretty big difference between CL and the Blazing One. Bob is a dealer and most of the books he sells are HIS books although I know he does some consignments. CL is mostly a middle-man, he is providing a service for both sellers and buyers, most of the books he sells are not his. Different business models that require a different structure and approach. I've had good dealings with CL both as a buyer and seller and have no reason to doubt Joshs' integrity. That said there are definite improvements he could make to the site. But to echo some of the other board members' feelings, the conspiracy theories here are just getting completely out of hand, they are baseless and mean spirited.

hey FFB

funny how Mr. COMICLINK hasn't chosen to reply, much less issue an apology to you for calling you sour grapes...

if you look at all my contributions to this thread - they've addressed how i view his name calling of you as being in very very poor taste.

the fact that Mr. COMICLINK has chosen not to reply to you, despite being directly addressed (by your posts), speaks very poorly of him.

he name called. he was wrong in doing so. i guess some people just can't admit that they made a mistake... to take a piece of Mr. COMICLINK's use of pop-psychology - i wonder what does that say about them (him) and their (his) personal unfulfilled life??

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

funny how Mr. COMICLINK hasn't chosen to reply, much less issue an apology to you for calling you sour grapes...

I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt in this case as he may not have the time to check the boards every few hours.

Quoting Mr. Self-Righteous Seller...

It was his first order (and probably his last considering

it appears he still has sour grapes and blames the ComicLink system itself

and not the fact that another buyer beat him to the book).

Quoting Mr. Self-Righteous Seller Doubling As Psychology Intelligentsia...

Do you know what they say about critics? They often are failures at the same line of work within which they like to criticize others.

27_laughing.gif

14_of_spades,

Based on the intellectually vacuous rhetoric and continuous acrimony in your posts, I would much rather conduct business with Josh than with you. You do not strike me as someone who would be level-headed or fair if there were to be a problem. Josh does. At this point, I think you're contributing very little to this discussion.