• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie costumes revealed, Cap & Spidey

145 posts in this topic

I like the Cap costume. It's much more realistic and true to what Cap might have worn than just wearing tights and going out to war but then I was reprogrammed with Hitch's version of Cap in The Ultimates. The only thing I don't like is the painted on wings.

I thought cap was supposed to be a USO entertainer.

Would not wings on helmet be part of costume?

What is most amusing about these funny book movies is that when Hollywood pinches out a steaming loaf, we have the following fanboy de/evolution:

First Stage (Release Week): Fanboy admits movie has some failings, but assures everyone it is a "great popcorn flick" and to not go in with "too high expectations" (only fanboys use those terms).

Second Stage (Partial Acceptance): Fanboy admits that the problems are deeper than he first thought, but it's still a worthwhile "popcorn movie" if you 'lower your expectations".

Third Stage (Acceptance): Fanboy admits the movie sucks, but along the way adds that "it's not as bad as (fill in the blank with a POS funny book movie) The Spirit/Batman & Robin/Ghost Rider/Jonah Hex/etc.).

Fourth Stage (Bandwagon Jumping): Now that the movie has made about as much money as it ever will, the fanboy now openly slams the movie, forgetting his previous commentary and opinions, reveling in the "group experience" of illustrating the movie's obvious shortcomings.

This is exactly what happened with Spider-man 3, and many people slamming it now called it a "great popcorn flick" and told us to 'lower our expectations" soon after launch. :roflmao:

If Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern, Spider-man Twilight sucks rocks, expect to see the exact same thing happen - mark my words.

hm fanboy philosopher...

I like the Cap costume. It's much more realistic and true to what Cap might have worn than just wearing tights and going out to war but then I was reprogrammed with Hitch's version of Cap in The Ultimates. The only thing I don't like is the painted on wings.

I thought cap was supposed to be a USO entertainer.

Would not wings on helmet be part of costume?

:sick:

I must admit, this is true.

What is most amusing about these funny book movies is that when Hollywood pinches out a steaming loaf, we have the following fanboy de/evolution:

First Stage (Release Week): Fanboy admits movie has some failings, but assures everyone it is a "great popcorn flick" and to not go in with "too high expectations" (only fanboys use those terms).

Second Stage (Partial Acceptance): Fanboy admits that the problems are deeper than he first thought, but it's still a worthwhile "popcorn movie" if you 'lower your expectations".

Third Stage (Acceptance): Fanboy admits the movie sucks, but along the way adds that "it's not as bad as (fill in the blank with a POS funny book movie) The Spirit/Batman & Robin/Ghost Rider/Jonah Hex/etc.).

Fourth Stage (Bandwagon Jumping): Now that the movie has made about as much money as it ever will, the fanboy now openly slams the movie, forgetting his previous commentary and opinions, reveling in the "group experience" of illustrating the movie's obvious shortcomings.

This is exactly what happened with Spider-man 3, and many people slamming it now called it a "great popcorn flick" and told us to 'lower our expectations" soon after launch. :roflmao:

If Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern, Spider-man Twilight sucks rocks, expect to see the exact same thing happen - mark my words.

The original Spidey and Spidey 2 are starting to look better and better.

Spidey 2 was one of the best comic book movies ever (TDK.is the best) Enjoyed every bit of it.

The first half of Spidey 1 was about as good as you can get for a comic movie.

The first half of Spidey 1 was about as good as you can get for a comic movie.

The first half of Spider-man was one of the best action-adventure movies ever made. It just hit every note near-perfectly for the genre.

Then some insufficiently_thoughtful_person invited a green Power Ranger to the party.

No it's not true. Vince is just trying to prop up his geek boy pontificating stool.

It's human nature to expect something perfect and follow the nature course of acceptance. There's nothing wrong with it and there's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone does it.

I think most of us comic geeks are happy just to see some characters on the screen.

He just likes to play elitist.

(thumbs u

As much as I hate to say it, I think our tear of comic book movies is about to come to a grinding halt.

Be sure you put your seat backs and tray tables in their upright and locked positions.

It was fun while it lasted.

No it's not true. Vince is just trying to prop up his geek boy pontificating stool.

It's human nature to expect something perfect and follow the nature course of acceptance. There's nothing wrong with it and there's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone does it.

I think most of us comic geeks are happy just to see some characters on the screen.He just likes to play elitist.

(thumbs u

Bolded for emphasis.

This I think is why so many comic fans are willing to take it up the fanny from Hollywood when it comes to comicbook movies. All the bells and whistles can't cover up IMHO. The costume in the Spider-Man movie looked excellent and seeing Spidey swinging around was awesome, the rest of it made my ulcerative colitis act up :(

As much as I hate to say it, I think our tear of comic book movies is about to come to a grinding halt.

Be sure you put your seat backs and tray tables in their upright and locked positions.

It was fun while it lasted.

Esplain to me why, big S.

The costume in the Spider-Man movie looked excellent and seeing Spidey swinging around was awesome,

Dude, I'd spend a LOT of money just to see this.

I've been waiting 25 years to see a real superhero movie.

Everything else is just gravy.

The costume in the Spider-Man movie looked excellent and seeing Spidey swinging around was awesome,

Dude, I'd spend a LOT of money just to see this.

I've been waiting 25 years to see a real superhero movie.

Everything else is just gravy.

You didn't like Superman: the Movie? To me it's still the standard that all other comicbook movies are judged against and still my favorite to this day. I still get goosebumps during the opening credits and still get chills during certain parts of that movie. To this day that movie makes me feel 9 years old again.

I think most of us comic geeks are happy just to see some characters on the screen.

See, this is the one I don't get (shrug)

I like comics. Hell, I love comics! I've been reading and collecting them practically all my life and I could never envision myself, even for one second, to stop doing that, for any reason! :sumo:

Why would I care if they make a movie about some comic book I like/love? (Or a stage musical? Or a novelization? Or a radio serial? Or...)

Why should I care if Captain America hits the movie screen or If the new Spider-Man movie will be better than the last Spider-Man?

Don't get me wrong, I love movies as well. I'm a huge cinema buff and watch a minimum of 50-60 movies each year. I also have a DVD collection that numbers in the thousands. And yes, some of them are even comic book movies! But they are in my collection not simply because they are comic book movies, but because they are good movies, period.

All I'm trying to say is that loving comic books and loving cinema should not necessarily mean getting ga-ga every time Hollywood announces a new adaptation.

I also love basketball. Been playing since I was eight and watch any and every game I can on the tube. But I don't go ballistic whenever there's a new basketball movie. If the director and/or acting talent seems interesting, I'll go see it. If not, I won't.

Same goes for comic books movies...

Why would you mess with a classic costume just to make a few more bucks or to generate some interest? Has Hollywood no respect for the comic medium?

The Spider-Man costume is a revered part of comic fandom and why someone would want to turn it into a neon hazmat...oh wait...this isn't the costume from the movie? This is what they've done to Spidey in the comic?

Spider-man-costume-green-black-2010.jpg

hm The new movie costume isn't looking to bad to me. I just hope the movie has something that has not been in the Spidey comics for a very long time, a good story.

Not sure why everyone is down on both costumes. (shrug)

The spider-man costume is fine, and the Captain America one is as good as it is going to get. Everyone knew they were not going to make it look like the comic book in your face red, white, and blue outfit.

Hey I am not going to say these new movies will be terrible until I see them.

Costumes do not make the movie, hence we had the worst villain costume of all time in the green goblin and Spider-man 1 was still a great movie.

If you go in thinking the Captain America movie should be A+ with a B level character then don't bother even seeing it. :eyeroll:

Nope, sorry, that's not true.

No one but fanboy nerds even talks like this, and it's only on forums like this that you hear stuff like "you need to lower your expectations" when seeing a movie. No one in the "real world" talks like that, only fanboys who have an emotional tie to the material. For the majority of people it is just a movie.

And if you actually think "lowered expectations" can actually make something bad seem good, I've got a manure sandwich for you to chow down on. Just be sure to "lower your expectations" first. :roflmao: