• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie costumes revealed, Cap & Spidey

145 posts in this topic

via twitter:

Looks like the new Spider-Man reboot costume having mechanical web shooters has been confirmed by Emma Stone.

How could they do that...everyone knows that the organic webshooters were a vast improvement...this is just going backwards... :baiting:

I enjoyed 1 and 2 and have seen other superhero movies I that I thought weren't great but were watchable. Spidey 3 made me grouchy. It was just a mess, I wanted my 2 hours back by the end. I'm curious to hear what you think of it.

I ordered the three for $11 off Play.com last week. I watched 1 & 2 with the kids this afternoon and enjoyed them more than the first time I saw them, although the Green Goblin costume was bloody awful.

So 3 is on the agenda for tomorrow afternoon or next weekend so I'll put my thoughts up then. Maybe me knowing next to nothing about Spidey in the books won't influence my take on it...

How could they do that...everyone knows that the organic webshooters were a vast improvement...this is just going backwards... :baiting:

For a movie, which travels at the speed of light and needs to get through a ton of info in under 2 hours, the idea of organic web-shooters was a genius call. The movie flowed so much better because of it.

Holy that looks aweful! :boo: What's with the Nike type flashy suit and those red eyes? Spidey doesn't have red eyes! doh!

This is really horrible and I am starting to think the reboot has a chance of unseating Spider-man 3 as the worst of the bunch.

Personally, I feel Raimi should get 100% control, leave him the heck alone...and let him redeem himself. Unfortunately, that didn't happen increasingly during the three movies he directed (which was an absolute mess in 3)...so another pipe dream.

Actually, he had far more control in Spider-man 3 than the first two, which were written by industry heavyweights, including a double-Oscar winner and Pulitzer winner.

Spider-man 3, on the other hand, was totally conceived and written by Raimi and his retarded brother, and their sheer ineptitude really shows up on the screen. To give them "total control" again would be to invite similarly-horrible writing.

So 3 is on the agenda for tomorrow afternoon or next weekend so I'll put my thoughts up then. Maybe me knowing next to nothing about Spidey in the books won't influence my take on it...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

lol

I think most of us comic geeks are happy just to see some characters on the screen.

See, this is the one I don't get (shrug)

That is a classic fanboy response, similar to the "They couldn't make a bad [Daredevil/Punsher/Ghost Rider ]movie if they tried" comments I saw when those movies were being hammered in the press.

To most fanboys, a superhero movie exists, therefore it *must* be good. It has been produced, so we should all be grateful that it exists at all. The only bad thing is if there are no more superhero movies, not matter how horrible they are.

Yes, it is a kind of warped outlook, but that's what being a fanboy is. Pure and uncompromising support for the object of your complete adoration.

It exists, therefore it is good.

You've just described a relationship. No matter what anyone else thinks of your better half as long as you enjoy them, that's all that matters.

That is exactly it, but brain-addled fanboys feel a "emotional relationship" with a movie, not a person. That is the problem, they react to criticism of the movie as if it were a slight on their significant other, which is highly deviant in my book.

Sure but if my sig other grows a mole she's still attractive to me.

lol

I wear two hats when watching a Superhero movie as opposed to one when watching any other movie.

I like watching Superhero movies with the mind set of a kid. It makes it fun.

I'll also watch as a critic.

The kid in me is thankful for anything that they make (well, maybe except for The Spirit...I haven't watched Ghost Rider or Jonah Hex).

The critic in me sees the flaws and wishes they weren't there.

I think a lot of fan boys watch movies this way although I could be wrong.

That strangely reminds me of Catriona Le May Doan (Canadian Olympic Speed Skater) and makes me feel weird about the costume. I thought she looked terrific in it but now this spoils it for me.

:sick:

108879.jpg.4f69d4b8d176b14e88b6b088108be712.jpg

I am just looking to watch an enjoyable movie, and have never been a fanboy so I don't have to worry about it.

For example, X-Men 3 is one of my favorite superhero movies, even though it totally ignored continuity and made fanboys steam. I just thought it was a very good action movie, with a real (though somewhat condensed) plotline and some killer sequences. Magneto squashing the cars and Wolverine's fight in the forest were much better than anything in the first two movies.

But fanboys cannot see past the "they had no RESPECT for the source material" BS and enjoy X3 as a movie.

But fanboys cannot see past the "they had no RESPECT for the source material" BS and enjoy X3 as a movie.

I think after years of desensitizing most fanboys have learned to adapt their views.

X-3 was a terrific action movie.

:cloud9: