• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe Online!

44 posts in this topic

I've read about this game, but I knew I wouldn't be getting it (we have two small children, so there's no way I'd have time to play it for hours and hours). I've seen commercials for it lately, and it looks good. I saw the Batman statue that comes with the high-dollar version.

A buddy of mine played City of Heroes for a while, and I thought it was o.k. I've never played WOW or any other games like that, although I enjoy "leveling up" in the PS3 games that I play.

it takes forever to lvl up. also on my first boss fight against Huntress, i died like 13 times lol

Glad to hear that. On the beta you could actually get to level 20 in about 8 or 9 hours. I assumed they did that to help with testing. You will find that some bosses are way harder than others. I also like to mostly play by myself but you will find that you will need to do some missions with a team to make it out alive.

I was just messaging with a guy who got the PS3 version, and while he was initially quite pleased, his opinion has gone downhill quick.

He took part in the beta (he knows the ropes) and has already reached Level 30 (the Max) and run into more glitches than he can count - "$60 to beta test" is becoming a popular refrain. Replayability, at least according to him (he hit Level 30 three days in :o) , is looking almost nonexistent a few days after release. Plus, the patches take just less-than-forever (6-8 hours!) to download and install.

Those who haven't got the game yet might want to wait a bit. doh!

I played around with it a bit. it's definitely more fun for the casual gamer, like me, than a truly encompassing MMORPG like WoW. That isn't to say the scaled back nature of the game is fine, but for what it is, a console MMO, it's neat.

I can't imagine spending days on end playing it. It's a fun pick it up for an hour kind of game. At least my opinion is that because I've yet to find a quest that needs help.

Well, :censored: . I don't want to pay $60 for the privilege of 30 days of beta-testing. meh

I'll just stick with Arkham Asylum. So far it's fun, not $199 fun, but pretty cool. lol

(I'm old-school pc, and the only game I ever played online was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory :cloud9: Several years worth. Free. :cloud9: )

Use your PS3 for Netflix instant streaming. That's the best bang for your buck. I was hyped to play Arkham Asylum but didn't stick with it long. The movements felt too stiff. I know everyone loved it but it just didn't hold my interest.

I didn't realize this was for PC. I saw it at the game store tonight and was tempted.

I'm playing LotRO now, though.

I betad that game, and my clan eventually bought it for me, but i couldnt stick with it.

Ive played almost every mmo (i usually get free copies) and this one is in the top 10% so far. As far as lvling, it is probably the fastest/easiest ive ever played. (aside from PL)

I have 4 characters now. 2 in US server, 2 in EU server. But it's too hard to choose which character to be.

I think we would need more option for customization, every character in DC doesn't have to be flying, superspeed or acrobat.

They make Bane as a accrobat.

And, no way to get power similar to Green lantern, or body design for monsters like swamp thing.

What I really dont understand is how the stats goes up when you level up. I mean if you make a guy like superman, he is supposed to be stronger at brawling than the joker.

I just think they could make much more options

I have 4 characters now. 2 in US server, 2 in EU server. But it's too hard to choose which character to be.

I think we would need more option for customization, every character in DC doesn't have to be flying, superspeed or acrobat.

They make Bane as a accrobat.

And, no way to get power similar to Green lantern, or body design for monsters like swamp thing.

What I really dont understand is how the stats goes up when you level up. I mean if you make a guy like superman, he is supposed to be stronger at brawling than the joker.

I just think they could make much more options

Well, in beta there were alot more powers and powers sets. The game is very pvp based so i think in the interest of balance they simplified a lot of things.

I'm ignorant of MMORPG games. What does this mean?: "you can't resell it, can't trade it, can't even give it away, as once you open it, it's yours for life". I can't get it used at Game Stop if I wait a year? (shrug)

Nope, no selling, no trading, no renting, no anything - the game comes with an activation code, that once used, renders the entire package useless. It ties that game to your PSN account.

It is like that with many games for online access, but MMO's *only* have an online mode.

Actually, if you have a buybacks store, I bet their retarded enough to buy it from you.

I was in there and for 11 bucks you could buy the complete final fantasy 11 online collection used.

I mean really? They bought it and are trying to sell it?