• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe Online!

44 posts in this topic

I tried searching but there seems to be no threads about the game.

I pre-ordered my DC universe online for PS3 months ago. Got it the moment gamestop opened. Been playing on PS3 and its fun. This is my first MMORPG so im getting addicted quick. Never played WOW because i didnt want to fail college. I might now cause i just got it.

Im only a level 8 cause i can only play in 2-3 hour spurts before i get a headache lol Anyone else out there play?

Im on the No Mans Land PvP server.

I haven't played it yet, but I think I may pick up a copy.

I have subscribed with two accounts on Sony since my EQ1 days which will be eleven years next month. I haven't played EQ or EQ2 in a while but my son does so I have kept the accounts open. (My wife and I used to play 2-3 hours a day way back when).

According to an email I got from Sony the DC game would be part of my full access account package so once I buy the game - no additional monthly fees. I just spoke to my son and he is interested so I guess I will have to go check it out.

Whoa thats neat that you dont have to pay the monthly fees.

My PS3 tag btw is : Itssmeeeeee if anyone wants to add me. Thats also my Villian's name also :)

I'm Liaton9000 if anyone wants to play some COD. Make sure you include a message about who you are (board name) so I don't ignore you.
My PS3 tag is wolverinefangirl :grin:

I am definitely waiting on this, as I never tried the beta and laying down $60+tax just for a month of gameplay is insane and I will wait it out for a "free trial" before being fleeced by Sony.

The worst part of DCUO is that the $60 is a 100% sunk cost - you can't resell it, can't trade it, can't even give it away, as once you open it, it's yours for life. If you find out in a few days that this game is not for you, too bad sucker, thanks for the money!! lol

I am definitely waiting on this, as I never tried the beta and laying down $60+tax just for a month of gameplay is insane and I will wait it out for a "free trial" before being fleeced by Sony.

The worst part of DCUO is that the $60 is a 100% sunk cost - you can't resell it, can't trade it, can't even give it away, as once you open it, it's yours for life. If you find out in a few days that this game is not for you, too bad sucker, thanks for the money!! lol

As a long time player of MMOs (EQ and WoW) I have to agree. The money is not in the client but in the monthly fees and other ancillary fees for services they offer. The client should be given to the user upon registration into the game itself. Doing so might actually get more players into the game.

A trial period would be nice.

As a long time player of MMOs (EQ and WoW) I have to agree. The money is not in the client but in the monthly fees and other ancillary fees for services they offer. The client should be given to the user upon registration into the game itself. Doing so might actually get more players into the game.

Oh they will do that once they've fleeced the fanboys for their $60 a pop (higher for CE), and need some more cash flow, but right now they're laughing and toasting 60 year-old single malt.

Oh they will do that once they've fleeced the fanboys for their $60 a pop (higher for CE), and need some more cash flow, but right now they're laughing and toasting 60 year-old single malt.

I pulled the trigger on a PS3 when Walmart included a $100 gift certificate, bringing it down to $199.

I'm still not sure it was a wise buy, but I had the DCUO game in mind. Now that it's released I can't bring myself buy it. :juggle:

Their messageboards make seem like it'll be paying $60 to help report problems over the 30 days included. hm

I'm ignorant of MMORPG games. What does this mean?: "you can't resell it, can't trade it, can't even give it away, as once you open it, it's yours for life". I can't get it used at Game Stop if I wait a year? (shrug)

I'm ignorant of MMORPG games. What does this mean?: "you can't resell it, can't trade it, can't even give it away, as once you open it, it's yours for life". I can't get it used at Game Stop if I wait a year? (shrug)

Nope, no selling, no trading, no renting, no anything - the game comes with an activation code, that once used, renders the entire package useless. It ties that game to your PSN account.

It is like that with many games for online access, but MMO's *only* have an online mode.

Yeah. It's online only so you have to have a code to play it. Once it's used, that code doesn't work for anyone else.

You can't buy used MMORPGs unless you are buying someone's entire account with their characters, items, and such. In doing so, there is far more scam than there are legit sales.

Game stores do not sell used MMORPGs.

Well, :censored: . I don't want to pay $60 for the privilege of 30 days of beta-testing. meh

I'll just stick with Arkham Asylum. So far it's fun, not $199 fun, but pretty cool. lol

(I'm old-school pc, and the only game I ever played online was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory :cloud9: Several years worth. Free. :cloud9: )