• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January Comiclink auction

138 posts in this topic

Ok, NOW i'm happy! I've been laying low for this book ever since i missed out on a 9.2w on Ebay a few months ago at the last second. Good things come to those who wait since this went for almost $700 less than the eBay copy i wanted.

I've ALWAYS wanted a 1st 6 Incredible Hulk so i'm pretty stoked! :banana:

ih4-1.jpg

That's a beautiful book Jason, congrats.

:applause:

Beautiful book. I watched it close and thought someone was getting a good deal.

Max carnage,

I thought i said it earlier but apparently forgot to. That ASM 61 has to be one of the nicest 9.2's i've ever seen in my life. I dont know what the hell is going on with it that you cant see in the scan to drop it to a 9.2 but that beauty looks better than most 9.6's!

SWEET pickup! :applause:

Thanks - I was thinking the same :)

David

Ok, NOW i'm happy! I've been laying low for this book ever since i missed out on a 9.2w on Ebay a few months ago at the last second. Good things come to those who wait since this went for almost $700 less than the eBay copy i wanted.

I've ALWAYS wanted a 1st 6 Incredible Hulk so i'm pretty stoked! :banana:

ih4-1.jpg

I thought about bidding on this one. Happy it went to a good home.

Thanks guys!

I was really happy to get it, especially at a pretty decent price. I was stressing over it for the last few days wondering how high it would go and if i could get it. Was VERY happy when the bid went in and got the "congratulations" message instead of the "outbid" message.

Don't have the funds for those super HG books but I got this which was one of my top books. <3

RAD98636201114_122837

How in the hell is THAT an 8.0?!?

That thing looks like a 9.6 from the front!! I'm not really a Batman fan but thats gotta be the nicest 8.0 in history!

I really, REALLY dont like all the damn reserves in Peds auction!

Half are WAY too high and the others i would be willing to go higher but no one else is bidding. A few books i would have paid $250-300 but since no one else bid, it just sat at $100 and ended under reserve :mad:

I really, REALLY dont like all the damn reserves in Peds auction!

Half are WAY too high and the others i would be willing to go higher but no one else is bidding. A few books i would have paid $250-300 but since no one else bid, it just sat at $100 and ended under reserve :mad:

I totally agree. I know I have stopped bidding on Reserve items, why bother ?

If you want a certain price why not simply list it for sale at your price instead of putting it up for auction. The seller obviously wants his proverbially cake and eat it too. Supposedly it's about protecting yourself, which means the seller overpaid and wants to recoup. I like the pedigree auction but you are right, there are too many reserves. It's a waste of everyone's time.

There's literally 10 books i've bid on and no one else did so my $100 bid didnt hit the reserve and it ended. Like you said, if you want $200, $300 whatever, have the start price at least CLOSE to that so if only 1 person bids, they can at least frigging get it.

Complete waste of time!

why didn't you just bid your max to see if it breaks the reserve? :gossip:

I did!

I put in $300 but since i was the only one that bid, it just went to $100 and ended. My max bid only goes past the minimum if someone else bids, otherwise, it sits at the minimum! :gossip:

Don't have the funds for those super HG books but I got this which was one of my top books. <3

RAD98636201114_122837

How in the hell is THAT an 8.0?!?

That thing looks like a 9.6 from the front!! I'm not really a Batman fan but thats gotta be the nicest 8.0 in history!

People always say this when they see a book that presents much better than its assigned grade. I just don't get it. You are looking at a relatively small scan of just the front cover of a book, through a plastic slab. There could be all kinds of stuff going on that you can't see. Back cover could be half gone for all we know. Even the front cover could have stains that can't be seen through a slab but are evident with book in hand.

Yes it is a very nice looking VF but it most likely is a VF none the less, or at least somewhere in the neighborhood. It's not like you're really getting a 9.6 as an 8.0. All 8.0s are not created equal, or any grade for that matter. Which is why I don't get all the comments I see about how this 9.6 looks worse than some 9.0 someone owns etc.

Just because a book exhibits certain defects that a lower grade book does not exhibit, does not mean that the lower grade book is actually a better book. I've cracked plenty of 9.0s that looked like 9.6s and once out of the slab I was able to tell why they were 9.0s and not 9.6s but through the slab they certainly looked higher grade.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't judge grade through a slab, especially from a scan of a slab.

Gee, thanks!

I know he isnt getting a 9.6 instead of a 8.0. I wasnt saying resub it for a sure fire 9.4-9.6. All i meant was he's getting an INSANELY nice looking 8.0. I've seen 8.0 i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole. That Batman looks nicer than any 8.0 i can remember seeing. Obviously something is wrong with it to knock it down and it sure as hell doesnt seem apparent from the scan.

Since you are usually only looking at the front cover of a slabbed book, getting a 8.0 hat looks like THAT is a major score in my book! Obviously, for some reason you disagree (shrug)

To each his own (thumbs u