• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 14* Results

50 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 14 Results

Detective Comics #476 - WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 9.0

th_Round14-bat001.jpg th_Round14-Detective476f.jpg th_Round14-Detective476b.jpg

Round 14 Grade Breakdowns

Round14-GradeBreakdown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 14 Results - By Place

Round14-Results.png

Round 14 Commentary

Round 14 concludes with toro once again standing alone atop the charts. It's good to be the king! :sumo:

The Magnificent Seven fell to a Spectacular Six as G.A.tor faltered and notched his first -1 round dropping six spots to #7. :(

Moving into the Top Ten this round: Norrin Radd :applause:

Mr. Consistency, bryan91, drops one rank but still maintains his Consistency title. (Not to be confused with our other title, Mr. Metamucil.) Canickus, meanwhile, reestablishes his Accuracy Achievement with his 10th bullseye in 14 rounds. :acclaim:

NOTABLE: toro, drewincanada, byosti, trmoore54, Tsimanga, sniderj, sterlingcomics, Loki, cosmic-spider-man, and *bronze age fan* all notch their second bullseye in a row. Can they make it three? :popcorn:

CONTESTANT TO WATCH: It seems like it's only a matter of time before sterlingcomics cracks the Top Ten. Get your bets in! :wishluck:

Only 62% of the Round 14 contestants got within +/- 1 grade and only 28% hit the bullseye as the back cover proved to be difficult to gauge in relation to the CGC grade.

Onward to Round 15!

Round 14 Commentary

Round 14 concludes with toro once again standing alone atop the charts. It's good to be the king! :sumo:

The Magnificent Seven fell to a Spectacular Six as G.A.tor faltered and notched his first -1 round dropping six spots to #7. :(

Moving into the Top Ten this round: Norrin Radd :applause:

Mr. Consistency, bryan91, drops one rank but still maintains his Consistency title. (Not to be confused with our other title, Mr. Metamucil.) Canickus, meanwhile, reestablishes his Accuracy Achievement with his 10th bullseye in 14 rounds. :acclaim:

NOTABLE: toro, drewincanada, byosti, trmoore54, Tsimanga, sniderj, sterlingcomics, Loki, cosmic-spider-man, and *bronze age fan* all notch their second bullseye in a row. Can they make it three? :popcorn:

CONTESTANT TO WATCH: It seems like it's only a matter of time before sterlingcomics trmoore54 cracks the Top Ten. Get your bets in! :wishluck:

Only 62% of the Round 14 contestants got within +/- 1 grade and only 28% hit the bullseye as the back cover proved to be difficult to gauge in relation to the CGC grade.

Onward to Round 15!

fixed that for ya... :grin:

I hate I cant see my placing on my phone. Did I actually move up?

If you have an iPhone I've noticed you can't RESIZE the graphic with multi-touch.

So what you can do is SAVE THE IMAGE to your Photos Folder. Then go there and you can resize it to view. (thumbs u

This works for GRADING by iPhone as well.

YES! Vaulted up to 36! And I thought I muffed up bad after getting the sad kitty :)

We're neck and neck bones !! But I plan on making my move soon :blahblah: