• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic cons & raw comics

61 posts in this topic

I always bring a backpack. Just strap it on and you're good to go. All the cheap books I buy to read go in there. If the stack gets too big, I make a trip to the car and come back for more.

+1 on the top loaders. I always have a bunch of those for any books I buy that have value. I haven't had any get damaged so far using that method.

When I submit books for grading, they always get put in a top loader and I go to the CGC table 1st when I get to the convention.

If I buy something really expensive I do one of the following:

1.) Take it out to my car and lock it up

2.) Wait until I'm ready to leave before buying it

3.) Or have the dealer I'm buying it from hold it until I'm ready to leave. (If you use this option, make sure it's a trustworthy dealer you have a relationship with. (thumbs u )

I use a laptop bag to carry comics to and from cons. They're built to protect computers, so they have built in cushioning and compartments for other things. You need to look at various models to find one that meets your needs, as construction and protection vary, but they're easy to transport and will protect (within reason) raw books and slabs

I do the same thing.

I use a laptop bag to carry comics to and from cons. They're built to protect computers, so they have built in cushioning and compartments for other things. You need to look at various models to find one that meets your needs, as construction and protection vary, but they're easy to transport and will protect (within reason) raw books and slabs

I do the same thing.

Ditto.

Not a great idea particularly if someone looking for a five finger discount sees what you're doing. I learned that the hard way so benefit from my wisdom! :preach: Lost the books and over $500 in damage to my car because the stupid thieves couldn't break just one window, they screwed up two of them plus the windowframes. :frustrated:

Yeah. Putting books in your car is not a wise move.

If you have to dump them somewhere, make a run to the hotel room.

(Not that the hotel room is much safer.) :eek:

Not a great idea particularly if someone looking for a five finger discount sees what you're doing. I learned that the hard way so benefit from my wisdom! :preach: Lost the books and over $500 in damage to my car because the stupid thieves couldn't break just one window, they screwed up two of them plus the windowframes. :frustrated:

Why didn't you have them in the trunk ?

I use a hard laptop case,it's padded inside and keeps slabs and raw(in top loaders) snug.While all the fanboys at the con can bang into it without any damage.

70.jpg:cloud9:

I have one of those old-school plastic hard sided briefcases I carry, with several extra top loaders inside. It fits slabbed books or lots of raw books, and can take a beating.

On top of that, I wouldn't want the books cooking in a hot car or trunk. Around these parts, it will get into the mid 80's-mid 90's with high humidity during WW Chicago. Don't want to find out what those types of conditions could do to books, even if they're only exposed to it for a few hours

On top of that, I wouldn't want the books cooking in a hot car or trunk. Around these parts, it will get into the mid 80's-mid 90's with high humidity during WW Chicago. Don't want to find out what those types of conditions could do to books, even if they're only exposed to it for a few hours

That's terrible Warlord. Sorry about your loss.

The heat hasn't been a problem in the past. I've never left them in the car during hot weather, and it's usually in a parking garage. Books were always out of sight too.

Still, bunch of good points listed here and you've convinced me. I'll never put anything of value in the car in the future. (thumbs u

Yeah. Putting books in your car is not a wise move.

If you have to dump them somewhere, make a run to the hotel room.

(Not that the hotel room is much safer.) :eek:

Lots of rooms now have safes in them.

(thumbs u

you also see people at cons now that roll around travel dollies stacked with short comic boxes.

some people were carrying around small comic backboard boxes @ Heroes filled with comicbooks (I find this the best solution cause it sets a limit for me for the day) cant be shopping all day, gotta see some of the panels during the con, get sketches, t-shirts, figures, etc.

My question now is how do people deal with original art, poster, or wierd non comic book sized items at a con

you also see people at cons now that roll around travel dollies stacked with short comic boxes.

some people were carrying around small comic backboard boxes @ Heroes filled with comicbooks (I find this the best solution cause it sets a limit for me for the day) cant be shopping all day, gotta see some of the panels during the con, get sketches, t-shirts, figures, etc.

My question now is how do people deal with original art, poster, or wierd non comic book sized items at a con

Thats mental. If any person needs to buy that much at one show they should be on hoarders. I need to see some pics of this.

Exactly what I use. Mine has a pouch with a velcro strap that fits comics perfect.

My laptop bag also has a nice carrying strap.

Thats mental. If any person needs to buy that much at one show they should be on hoarders. I need to see some pics of this.

Some of these people may also be comic shop dealers who are not local to the show I know mine went last year & I saw him there with one of those it was filled to the top with short boxes!

With one of these. Extremely convenient to show off the art without it being handled and pretty easy to lug around. Some people like to use backing boards to help support the OA

Or they raid the quarter bins :shy: