• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic cons & raw comics

61 posts in this topic

you also see people at cons now that roll around travel dollies stacked with short comic boxes.

some people were carrying around small comic backboard boxes @ Heroes filled with comicbooks (I find this the best solution cause it sets a limit for me for the day) cant be shopping all day, gotta see some of the panels during the con, get sketches, t-shirts, figures, etc.

My question now is how do people deal with original art, poster, or wierd non comic book sized items at a con

Thats mental. If any person needs to buy that much at one show they should be on hoarders. I need to see some pics of this.

Some of these people may also be comic shop dealers who are not local to the show I know mine went last year & I saw him there with one of those it was filled to the top with short boxes!

I've seen someone bring a collection to a con like that. Most convenient way to transport a bunch of books you want to sell, and he did

you also see people at cons now that roll around travel dollies stacked with short comic boxes.

some people were carrying around small comic backboard boxes @ Heroes filled with comicbooks (I find this the best solution cause it sets a limit for me for the day) cant be shopping all day, gotta see some of the panels during the con, get sketches, t-shirts, figures, etc.

My question now is how do people deal with original art, poster, or wierd non comic book sized items at a con

Thats mental. If any person needs to buy that much at one show they should be on hoarders. I need to see some pics of this.

Some of these people may also be comic shop dealers who are not local to the show I know mine went last year & I saw him there with one of those it was filled to the top with short boxes!

I think you're right. I cannot imagine any collector bringing that much or buying that much at a con.

If I buy something really expensive I do one of the following:

1.) Take it out to my car and lock it up

Not a great idea particularly if someone looking for a five finger discount sees what you're doing. I learned that the hard way so benefit from my wisdom! :preach: Lost the books and over $500 in damage to my car because the stupid thieves couldn't break just one window, they screwed up two of them plus the windowframes. :frustrated:

Why didn't you have them in the trunk ?

They were in the trunk. They smashed the windows and opened the trunk.

Point being, if someone looking for a score SEES you putting the books in the car, subsequently storing them out of sight buys you no extra protection.

If I buy something really expensive I do one of the following:

1.) Take it out to my car and lock it up

Not a great idea particularly if someone looking for a five finger discount sees what you're doing. I learned that the hard way so benefit from my wisdom! :preach: Lost the books and over $500 in damage to my car because the stupid thieves couldn't break just one window, they screwed up two of them plus the windowframes. :frustrated:

Why didn't you have them in the trunk ?

They were in the trunk. They smashed the windows and opened the trunk.

Point being, if someone looking for a score SEES you putting the books in the car, subsequently storing them out of sight buys you no extra protection.

doh! :makepoint:I never would have thought of that!! lil bastards hopefully they were dumb & cut them self doing it! Its true I bet a lot of these jerkies Know /hear of conventions as well & target them ;S

A back pack user.

IMG_0280.jpg

It helps protect the comics if you wear your underwear on the outside, too. :roflmao:

It helps protect his virginity, too

It's like a nerd chastity belt. No way he's going to get laid wearing that. :roflmao:

A back pack user.

IMG_0280.jpg

It helps protect the comics if you wear your underwear on the outside, too. :roflmao:

It helps protect his virginity, too

It's like a nerd chastity belt. No way he's going to get laid wearing that. :roflmao:

lol (thumbs u

I think you're right. I cannot imagine any collector bringing that much or buying that much at a con.

Well, isn't this how the Tom Reilly or San Fransico pedigree books were carted into one of the large local conventions by the OO's family looking for a hopeful buyer back in the 70's.

Well , I guess there's an exception for every rule and this one would certainly qualify. :takeit:

comics are easy to put in & take out of these top holders ?.. hm I wonder if anyone at the con will sell them I don't think hotflaps ships to canada

We set up at shows and we ship to Canada.

:hi::golfclap:

So looking at the pictures

"

Top Loader Holder-- Large Comic Book Size--7.625" x 11"

"

Is for modern comics then eh ?

"

"

I would get them oversized so you could stuff a bagged and boarded comic in them.

http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_17

(shrug)

:blush:

I thought you were all talking about mylars lol

comics are easy to put in & take out of these top holders ?.. hm I wonder if anyone at the con will sell them I don't think hotflaps ships to canada

We set up at shows and we ship to Canada.

"

"

That is a special size one of our customers asked us to have made a few years ago because they fit a comic with a 725 Mylite2 and backing board in it. We had so many requests we made them available for everyone,

Jeff