• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Cover's Appreciation!!!

103 posts in this topic

Wow !!! Hmmmm..... I thinks I'll get all 42 copies of my Dazzler #1, carefully lift them covers off and do a little slight of hand and ... ..... Holy Butt Wipe !!! Dazzler #1 , 42 covers !!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You're avoiding the question by labeling me as a golden age elitist - why have "Punisher's 3rd appearance" when they don't even list the first 3 Archie appearances?

Jeeze Shield, you have a knack for picking up on the obvious yet obscure! I think this is a VERY valid question. CGC should NOT, in fact MUST not, cater to any particular trend. They should be as objective as possible in reporting on a book. If they are going to report on the 2nd or 3rd appearance of a SA character or a BA character or a (well - you get it) then they damned well better be doing the same for GA characters as well. I really cannot believe that Archie's 2nd or 3rd appearance is not noted by CGC. It is this kind of thing that will end up biting them in the rump roast.

Wow !!! Hmmmm..... I thinks I'll get all 42 copies of my Dazzler #1, carefully lift them covers off and do a little slight of hand and ... ..... Holy Butt Wipe !!! Dazzler #1 , 42 covers !!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-offtopic.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

This double covered TMNT #3 9.6 copy should fetch a pretty penny once it's CGC'd.

Timely

433545-TMNT3.jpg

Is this considered a Mag, when you sent it in confused.gif to CGC?

That Green Lantern 76 is cloud9.gif
acclaim.gif I offered it awhile back to mrhighgrade and thankfully, he refused! Now...I'll keep it even though I have a 9.2 as well! thumbsup2.gif

You're avoiding the question by labeling me as a golden age elitist - why have "Punisher's 3rd appearance" when they don't even list the first 3 Archie appearances?

Jeeze Shield, you have a knack for picking up on the obvious yet obscure! I think this is a VERY valid question. CGC should NOT, in fact MUST not, cater to any particular trend. They should be as objective as possible in reporting on a book. If they are going to report on the 2nd or 3rd appearance of a SA character or a BA character or a (well - you get it) then they damned well better be doing the same for GA characters as well. I really cannot believe that Archie's 2nd or 3rd appearance is not noted by CGC. It is this kind of thing that will end up biting them in the rump roast.

They do have a notation, albeit incorrect (because Overstreet is wrong) on Jackpot #4 that reads "Same month as Pep #22 (First Archie)". That book should read "3rd appearance of Archie" and Pep 23 should read "2nd appearance of Archie, Betty and Jughead".

But c'mon...just because the Punisher hype is at an all time high, it's listed on some worthless (to me) Bronze age book?

Darth, I welcome your reply to this thread.

Are you telling me that the Punisher is more popular than the 63 years of Archie combined? If you say yes you're wrong. Who cares if something is the 3rd appearance of the Punisher anyway?

When's the Archie movie coming out ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

It already bombed in 1990. It's entitled "Return to Riverdale High". So, where is the Captain Marvel or Captain Marvel Jr. movie? I'll bet you'll see notations about first appearances of those characters on CGC graded Whiz comics. What a pointless remark, chromium. Are you telling me CGC should only note current "hot" titles and trends? Do the words "objective 3rd party grading" mean anything to you?

The reason the Punisher's 2nd, 3rd etc... appearances (and others) are singled out is because his early appearances are random and scattered. Obviously under Action Comics #2 is does not say "2nd Appearance of Superman" in the guide...it's pretty much implied.

Timely

acclaim.gif I offered it awhile back to mrhighgrade and thankfully, he refused! Now...I'll keep it even though I have a 9.2 as well! thumbsup2.gif

That POS has more spine breaks than a senior citizen yoga class! 9.0... 27_laughing.gif

The Curse of Greggy's Gift Grades strikes again! boo.gif

Screw you sucka! The grade is for the hidden interior cover! cool.gif

That POS has more spine breaks than a senior citizen yoga class! 9.0... 27_laughing.gif

The Curse of Greggy's Gift Grades strikes again! boo.gif

Screw you sucka! The grade is for the hidden interior cover! cool.gif

27_laughing.gif "hidden" wink.gifthumbsup2.gif

The reason the Punisher's 2nd, 3rd etc... appearances (and others) are singled out is because his early appearances are random and scattered. Obviously under Action Comics #2 is does not say "2nd Appearance of Superman" in the guide...it's pretty much implied.

Timely

Uhm, I just wrote that the 3rd appearance is in Jackpot #4, following Pep 22 and 23. Kind of scattered, wouldn't you think? 3 appearances in 2 titles?