• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed! Thanks guys!

254 posts in this topic

Ok, cyclegirl, i FINALLY have some of the X-men ready for you guys (and gals!).

up 1st....

X-men #3 ! 1st appearance of the Blob!

Book has some wear especially at the spine corners top and bottom but the spine itself is in pretty good shape. Cover is nice but there is a pretty major fingerprint on the M in X-men that doesnt show up in the scan. Cover is a little cream colored but the pages are ow i'd say. Back cover is in pretty good shape.

Both staples and centerfold attached but the bottom staple is a little rusty. This book was bought from Marc Haspel himself back in his Tropic Comics days!

I'll say this is a 3.5, maybe higher. I'm trying to go low since i'm not good at grading low range books.

$165

945-1.jpg

X-men #5

More wear than the #3 and it has "not mine" written very small inside the "X". Back is better than front. Both staples and centerfold attached with probably c/ow pages, maybe ow.

Another from Haspel himself. I'll say 2.5-3.0.

$90

946-1.jpg

X-men #20

This is a NICE book but for one thing, at the top you can see the darker red spot. I dont know if that is just overspray or someones HORRIFIC attempt at color touch.

Without that, the staples and centerfold are firmly attached with zero rust. Back is VERY nice but also has the same red which makes me THINK it's overspray but i cant be sure it isnt some halfassed amateur resto attempt.

Without that, this is an EASY 8.5, maybe 9.0. I'll price it as if it probably is amateur resto just to be sure. Hopefully, it isnt and someone will get a great deal!

$50

947-1.jpg

X-men #20

This is a NICE book but for one thing, at the top you can see the darker red spot. I dont know if that is just overspray or someones HORRIFIC attempt at color touch.

Without that, the staples and centerfold are firmly attached with zero rust. Back is VERY nice but also has the same red which makes me THINK it's overspray but i cant be sure it isnt some halfassed amateur resto attempt.

Without that, this is an EASY 8.5, maybe 9.0. I'll price it as if it probably is amateur resto just to be sure. Hopefully, it isnt and someone will get a great deal!

$50

947-1.jpg

:takeit:

X-men 21

Another nice book but there is some tanning/foxing/staining issue right on the spine. You can just barely see it in the scan. It's not very bad at all but would probably get hammered by CGC.

Staples/centerfold firmly attached and almost NO spine stresses. Without staining, probably a 8.5. As is, i'll say 6.5-70.

$40

948-1.jpg

X-men #30

No issues with this book except for a little ding on the top of the spine front and back where it must have gotten hit. It's non color breaking so if it's your thing, pressing would probably get rid of it.

Solid 7.5-8.0 bought from Haspel himself also!

$45

949-1.jpg

X-men #30

No issues with this book except for a little ding on the top of the spine front and back where it must have gotten hit. It's non color breaking so if it's your thing, pressing would probably get rid of it.

$45

949-1.jpg

X-men 21

Another nice book but there is some tanning/foxing/staining issue right on the spine. You can just barely see it in the scan. It's not very bad at all but would probably get hammered by CGC.

Staples/centerfold firmly attached and almost NO spine stresses. Without staining, probably a 8.5. As is, i'll say 6.5-70.

$40

948-1.jpg

X-men #20

$50

947-1.jpg

^^

Hopefully, like i said, it isnt amateur resto but either way it's a NICE book! I got this back in the mids 90's from Wall to Wall comics. ENJOY!

X-men 21

$40

948-1.jpg

^^

X-men #30

$45

949-1.jpg

^^