• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed! Thanks guys!

254 posts in this topic

Dale go back to the other thread :)

Sorry, if you want either of them, you are welcome. I bought some slabs early in the thread and figured to load up to save on shipping.

All yours just saw you were tearin up 2 threads at once..... I have holes in the reprint numbers ......

any of the reprints coming up>?

I know i have a few but probably not until tomorrow. Off the top of my head, i'd say #80, 86, 89 and 93 at least since i know i have slabs and raws. Not sure if i have any other reprint doubles. I'll check for you later tonight (thumbs u

Dale go back to the other thread :)

Sorry, if you want either of them, you are welcome. I bought some slabs early in the thread and figured to load up to save on shipping.

All yours just saw you were tearin up 2 threads at once..... I have holes in the reprint numbers ......

Which ones are you looking for?

X-men 53 This is the last X-men for the afternoon since those were the only ones i could get scanned at lunch :(

Damn shame with this book! REAL nice except it has a little water damage on the back and the bottom staple is rusted pretty bad with staining around it. Front cover has some waviness because of the water damage but no staining i can see. GREAT colors and cover gloss!

Without that water damage, a solid 8.0-8.5. As is, i dont freaking know so i'll do it cheap and someone can have a great reader issue.

$20

951-1.jpg

Daredevil #4

Nice mid-grade book with no issues. Not much spine wear at all but the top and bottom spine are pretty blunted.

Not only does this book have THE PURPLE MAN but also a "great new letters section" !!! What more could you freaking ask for in a book!!! lol

I'll say at least a 5.0 and probably higher.

$80

952-1.jpg

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Iron Man 1 CGC 8.5 ow/w and again, old label goodness! $525

Page 2:

Iron Man 4 CGC 9.6 WHITE pages. 2nd highest on census and as nice a 40+ year old book as you'll see. This baby is IMPRESSIVE in hand! $475

ASM 29 raw. 2nd appearance of the Scorpion and a GREAT read! Lower grade copy. It doesnt show up on the scan but there is some i dont know what staining on the cover with fingerprints in the middle near Spideys elbow. Definitely not a CGC'able book but a nice complete lower grade reader. Pages are ow i'd say but defintiely not brittle at all. A little beat but complete.....$30

Page 3:

ASM 31. Another lower grade book but MUCH nicer than the 29. I'd say 5.5ish. Spine stresses are obvious in the scan but other than that a real nice book. Not as bright as the scan but a nice glossy cover. Scan hasnt been touched at all but it does make some books brighter. Nice ow pages and complete. $70

ASM 32 Another mid range spidey. Plenty of spine stresses but a complete boom with nice pages... $40

ASM 33 One of the best Spidey stories of ALL TIME! Nice mid grade copy $45

ASM 40 Another classic Spidey cover and story. Nice mid-lower grade book! $85

ASM 64 Higher grade copy. The bottom corner is a little blunted and the bottom of the spine is a little blunted as well. Just above the bottom spice corner, there is a decent ding also or this would probably be a 9.0ish book. I'll say this is a 8.0 with nice pages. $70

If someone wants to take all 6 of them(29,31,32,33,40 and 64), i'll do it for $320 AND throw in some NICE Spidey freebies like a 3 hole punched ASM #23 AND my Marvel Tales 15 CGC 8.5 ow/w reprinting ASM #20

Page 4:

JLA #1 As you can see from the scan, this book has seen better days but the pages are not even close to brittle and the book is 100% complete (top staple is firmly attached bottom staple IS detached. Centerfold is firmly attached on both staples. Spine is split at the bottom until just above the bottom staple) $225

Page 5:

All American #52 Very, VERY nice Golden Age book! The small rip at the bottom, a dust shadow/tanning? at the top right and bottom right keep this from being a monster GA book. Even still, its in real good shape! The spine has less wear than most books from the 70's much less the 40's! Complete and i'd say the pages are ow. $700

All American 59 Same deal as the 52. But for the chip at the top and the dust shadow/tanning? at the top, this book would be going to CGC and worth thousands. Spine has very little wear for a GA book and the colors are very nice! Again, dont think its restored as the cover does overhang the pages but if im wrong, ill take it back. As a bonus, it has this amazingly fruity ad on the back cover! If i was the guy scrubbing, i would NOT drop the soap in the shower when the guy with the mop is around judging by the smile on his face!!! $650

Page 6:

Iron Man 8 CGC 9.0 ow $75

Iron Man 8 CGC 9.0 ow. This one is PERFECTLY centered so a little more. $85

Iron Man 8, this one CGC 9.2 ow/w $115

Page 7:

Swamp Thing #5 CGC 9.0 ow/w $50

Swamp Thing #6 CGC 9.2 ow/w $50

Swamp Thing #7 CGC 9.2 ow. Batman appearance! $75

X-men #3 ! 1st appearance of the Blob! Book has some wear especially at the spine corners top and bottom but the spine itself is in pretty good shape. Cover is nice but there is a pretty major fingerprint on the M in X-men that doesnt show up in the scan. Cover is a little cream colored but the pages are ow i'd say. Back cover is in pretty good shape. Both staples and centerfold attached but the bottom staple is a little rusty. This book was bought from Marc Haspel himself back in his Tropic Comics days! I'll say this is a 3.5, maybe higher. I'm trying to go low since i'm not good at grading low range books. $165

X-men #5 More wear than the #3 and it has "not mine" written very small inside the "X". Back is better than front. Both staples and centerfold attached with probably c/ow pages, maybe ow. Another from Haspel himself. I'll say 2.5-3.0. $90

Page 9:

X-men 37 Another nice book with no issues except a little wear on the spine. i'll say solid 8.0 and probably higher. $55

X-men 53 This is the last X-men for the afternoon since those were the only ones i could get scanned at lunch. Damn shame with this book! REAL nice except it has a little water damage on the back and the bottom staple is rusted pretty bad with staining around it. Front cover has some waviness because of the water damage but no staining i can see. GREAT colors and cover gloss! Without that water damage, a solid 8.0-8.5. As is, i dont freaking know so i'll do it cheap and someone can have a great reader issue. $20

Daredevil #4 Nice mid-grade book with no issues. Not much spine wear at all but the top and bottom spine are pretty blunted. Not only does this book have THE PURPLE MAN but also a "great new letters section" !!! What more could you freaking ask for in a book!!! I'll say at least a 5.0 and probably higher. $80

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.4 WHITE pages. White pages, old label goodness AND the 1st issue of Star Wars. Now THAT is a book to have $110

Yikes!

You are AWESOME decepticon! i was actually going to PM you and say dont worry about a recap since i was so wordy with alot of them and didnt want you to wear out your keyboard recapping.

Sorry, but you beat me to it :blush:

Again, THANKS and you are AWESOME! (worship)

(thumbs u

Yikes!

You are AWESOME decepticon! i was actually going to PM you and say dont worry about a recap since i was so wordy with alot of them and didnt want you to wear out your keyboard recapping.

Sorry, but you beat me to it :blush:

Again, THANKS and you are AWESOME! (worship)

Ummmm....it IS for sale you know! :baiting:

lol

Cycle Girl's X Men # 3 is a CGC 8.5. :gossip:

Hey, so is mine. That doesnt mean you cant have a nice reader copy that you can actually read and look thru (thumbs u

Ummmm....it IS for sale you know! :baiting:

lol

Cycle Girl's X Men # 3 is a CGC 8.5. :gossip:

Hey, so is mine. That doesnt mean you cant have a nice reader copy that you can actually read and look thru (thumbs u

Yes, it would be fun to pick that up as a reader, but I think I'm going to have to pass. :sorry: I've been getting a little carried away on upgrading my SA X-Men lately to the determent of my bank account. :tonofbricks: