• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

238 posts in this topic

Banning someone from the forums is ridiculous. Unless you are someone like Alleybat or Capfreak, you probably dont deserve it. To actually get banned should be decided with a bit more thought then just 3 strikes. Offenses should be a key role.

I like Brad. Met him at a couple of shows, had engaging conversation with him in person and via PM, and broke bread with him when he and his wife came to Boston.

But there's a difference between being a PITA and perpetrating a fraud.

I've been here since '02 and haven't received a single strike. You have to work at getting banned. It doesn't get thrust upon you unjustly.

Been here since '03 and ditto.

Your time will come.

I wish he were back.

Having said that, if he came back, he'd probably eventually get banned again. He seems bipolar at times and just goes nuts over things most of us bristle at but then shrug off because they ultimately don't really affect us all that much.

Banning someone from the forums is ridiculous. Unless you are someone like Alleybat or Capfreak, you probably dont deserve it. To actually get banned should be decided with a bit more thought then just 3 strikes. Offenses should be a key role.

So you never got to meet Miamicomics then, I see. :eek:

So you never got to meet Miamicomics then, I see. :eek:

King nut on the pecan tree.

Like I said it comes down to each offense. There is alot of ridiculous whining on this forum, and it seems the guidelines force others to conform to a very high standard for political correctness. I am sure there are quite a few cases here that should not have resulted in bans or strikes. The rules in place are painted with a very wide brush. Being realistic, Greggy will eventually be banned. Most people who have two strikes will likely get a third one day. Time should play a factor as well.

I think that there are way too many variables to be discussed before just banning members.

I've been here since '02 and haven't received a single strike. You have to work at getting banned. It doesn't get thrust upon you unjustly.

Been here since '03 and ditto.

Your time will come.

Thank you, voice of doom. lol

Just look at the company you keep. :acclaim:

Greggy will eventually be banned.
No.... He assured me that every strike he received was totally a gag between Arch and him and none of them were real. I believe him. :banana:

Being realistic, Greggy will eventually be banned. Most people who have two strikes will likely get a third one day. Time should play a factor as well.

Isn't it three strikes in a year = ban?

A few days before Doug Schmell was both disbarred for ripping off elderly clients and caught trying to sneak a known Jason Ewert book past CGC, Brad had proposed him for some sort of new Good Guy award because of his spotless record. Rather than back down after these new sets of facts emerged, he went on the warpath against any and all that dared to disagree with him. How he escaped being banned then escapes me.I suspect if folks had turned over their PMs, he would have been. There was a second similar case, and then the attempted fraud against a forumite plus whatever it was that got him banned in the end.

How many second chances does one man deserve?

Being realistic, Greggy will eventually be banned. Most people who have two strikes will likely get a third one day. Time should play a factor as well.

Pretty well unless you do something really really bad.

Or anything at the discretion of the mods.

xoxo

greggy

xoxo

greggy

Tell them you're innocent. They don't believe me. :gossip:

xoxo

greggy

Gotta be going some to get three strikes in a year. Mind you, Mr9.8 got two pretty close together, maybe he'll get another one in the next 5 months? :wishluck: