• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

238 posts in this topic

108905.jpg

For those that want to support the cause...

Have an avatar button!

2489.gif

(thumbs u

I'd give it a little more thought Wally if I were you.

why you gonna beat me up?

:insane:

Brad has burned a lot of bridges both during and after his stay here....if you really want to be associated with having him return, it will probably rub a few folks the wrong way. Just sayin'.

Jimmetty Christmas! What ever happened to forgive and forget around here?

So the guy made some bad mistakes - haven't we all?

(shrug)

There's no such thing as "forgive and forget" around here, especially if you haven't done anything that needs forgiving.

TRUTH

Being realistic, Greggy will eventually be banned. Most people who have two strikes will likely get a third one day. Time should play a factor as well.

Isn't it three strikes in a year = ban?

Pretty well unless you do something really really bad.

Or anything at the discretion of the mods.

xoxo

greggy

How many strikes have you had?

Being realistic, Greggy will eventually be banned. Most people who have two strikes will likely get a third one day. Time should play a factor as well.

Isn't it three strikes in a year = ban?

Pretty well unless you do something really really bad.

Or anything at the discretion of the mods.

xoxo

greggy

How many strikes have you had?

How many watches have you pawned?...

about that many.

:grin:

Is the rule three strikes within a year of getting your first, or three strikes in a calendar year?

Actually, it's four strikes in a year. Strike one = one week. Strike two = two weeks. Strike three = 30 days. Strike four = ban. However, as mentioned earlier, there is also moderator discretion.

Is the rule three strikes within a year of getting your first, or three strikes in a calendar year?

Actually, it's four strikes in a year. Strike one = one week. Strike two = two weeks. Strike three = 30 days. Strike four = ban. However, as mentioned earlier, there is also moderator discretion.

You've started working on your second I see.

A few days before Doug Schmell was both disbarred for ripping off elderly clients and caught trying to sneak a known Jason Ewert book past CGC, Brad had proposed him for some sort of new Good Guy award because of his spotless record. Rather than back down after these new sets of facts emerged, he went on the warpath against any and all that dared to disagree with him. How he escaped being banned then escapes me.I suspect if folks had turned over their PMs, he would have been. There was a second similar case, and then the attempted fraud against a forumite plus whatever it was that got him banned in the end.

How many second chances does one man deserve?

There's some irony in this post that I'm going to let others discover for themselves. But here's a hint: It has to do with the fact that one of the people mentioned in bold is banned and the other is an advertiser who's still here.

There is no irony in that post what so ever. None of Doug's transgressions had anything to do with the CGC forums or his conduct here. Brad's ban was a direct result of his conduct here. Where is the irony? Are people supposed to pass a background check before being allowed to post on the boards now?

This is in no way meant as a defense of Doug.

A few days before Doug Schmell was both disbarred for ripping off elderly clients and caught trying to sneak a known Jason Ewert book past CGC, Brad had proposed him for some sort of new Good Guy award because of his spotless record. Rather than back down after these new sets of facts emerged, he went on the warpath against any and all that dared to disagree with him. How he escaped being banned then escapes me.I suspect if folks had turned over their PMs, he would have been. There was a second similar case, and then the attempted fraud against a forumite plus whatever it was that got him banned in the end.

How many second chances does one man deserve?

There's some irony in this post that I'm going to let others discover for themselves. But here's a hint: It has to do with the fact that one of the people mentioned in bold is banned and the other is an advertiser who's still here.

There is no irony in that post what so ever. None of Doug's transgressions had anything to do with the CGC forums or his conduct here. Brad's ban was a direct result of his conduct here. Where is the irony? Are people supposed to pass a background check before being allowed to post on the boards now?

This is in no way meant as a defense of Doug.

Pretty sure it was for a scam on Ebay wasn't it?