• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the ultimate comic that you have to have but can't afford?

92 posts in this topic

My dream comic is the Ashcan Action 1. The cover is so magnificent and just to know that the ashcan had a different cover than the actual issue adds to it's allure. I hope to own one one day. I saw one 2 years ago on Ebay. It was a 9.4 for $33,000. I did not think this was a bad price but I could not afford it.

This exact book. It's such a cool cover and it's so newsstand fresh it makes me imagine being a kid looking at comics in 1942.

Adventure72_EdgarChurch.jpg

Also, I have all kinds of questions about Jack Burnley's cover. Why is the bad guy shirtless? What the hell is that machine and why is it so awkward? What did the guy on the table do to deserve what's coming? And lastly, how will Starman save the day? Combine the cover with the S&K Sandman story... super cool.

The funny thing is, I bet someone around here has it. Feel free to raise your hand... :takeit:

This exact book. It's such a cool cover and it's so newsstand fresh it makes me imagine being a kid looking at comics in 1942.

Adventure72_EdgarChurch.jpg

Also, I have all kinds of questions about Jack Burnley's cover. Why is the bad guy shirtless? What the hell is that machine and why is it so awkward? What did the guy on the table do to deserve what's coming? And lastly, how will Starman save the day? Combine the cover with the S&K Sandman story... super cool.

The funny thing is, I bet someone around here has it. Feel free to raise your hand... :takeit:

Looking at this cover, I thought: "If this was a Fiction House book, there'd be a woman tied to the table, the machine would look more like some weird torture device, and the hero would be seconds from sticking a bayonette or sword through the bad guy."

i never used to, but now i find myself wanting a mpfw 1, not because i need it for the timely sh run, but cuz subby was in there first. don't think i'll ever pony up for it, tho'.