• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the strangest way you've ever received a comic???

66 posts in this topic

Brown recluse spiders are small... and they are reclusive.

This was a about the size of a 50 cent piece. It was big for a recluse...

I knew it was one when I saw the dark fiddle on it's mid section.

I was surprised to see it as well.

Huh, even with their legs extended they are typically only the size of a quarter... must be inflation.

lol

Being an Exterminator I might know a thing or three about this,what you probably came across was a Wolf Spider and not a Recluse.Recluse spiders hide in dark dank garages in hot temperatures such as Nevada,Arizona etc.and are actually the size of a dime.

Huh, even with their legs extended they are typically only the size of a quarter... must be inflation.

lol

Being an Exterminator I might know a thing or three about this,what you probably came across was a Wolf Spider and not a Recluse.Recluse spiders hide in dark dank garages in hot temperatures such as Nevada,Arizona etc.and are actually the size of a dime.

well it is possible, I think I read an internet article that the recluse was one of the most

misidentified spiders...

But man I tell ya it did have that symbol on the top. I actually looked at it for a minute

just to make sure I wasn't seeing anything.

The girl at the counter was like "what the hell are you waiting for kill it!!!!!"

:insane:

lol

well it is possible, I think I read an internet article that the recluse was one of the most

misidentified spiders...

But man I tell ya it did have that symbol on the top. I actually looked at it for a minute

The girl at the counter was like "what the hell are you waiting for kill it!!!!!"

Story works better with the spider being a Brown Recluse. I'd maybe call it a Funnel Web for added effect... lol

lol

misidentified spiders...

Story works better with the spider being a Brown Recluse. I'd maybe call it a Funnel Web for added effect... lol

:roflmao:

Before we split, for my birthday my ex-wife outbid me on a PPSSM #1 (got into my eBay account and everything)..wrapped it in a sweater box so it was a good surprise.

Ummm... definately interesting but didn't that just cost you more money in the end? :o

Before we split, for my birthday my ex-wife outbid me on a PPSSM #1 (got into my eBay account and everything)..wrapped it in a sweater box so it was a good surprise.

Ummm... definately interesting but didn't that just cost you more money in the end? :o

Yep. Half his assets. :gossip:

:censored:

Yeah.. Wasn't as bad as it could have been... She didn't take any of my books. Took half my DVDs tho. Still need to get the first matrix movie... All I got is the second one

:censored:

Yeah.. Wasn't as bad as it could have been... She didn't take any of my books. Took half my DVDs tho. Still need to get the first matrix movie... All I got is the second one

Nasty stuff. I feel for you. :foryou:

I bought a full run of Swamp thing on ebay a while back. I live in Japan so usually people use flat rate box to ship. I asked the seller but he was all like: "I don't understand what you mean".

He sent the long box directly, no wrapping, nothing. Hopefully the comics was bagged and boarded. Everything arrived wet and the long box half broken.

I was lucky on this, the water didn't go inside the bags. So I reboarded and rebagged every comics and now they look nice.

Well, I don't have a story like that but I did receive a comic from a member of these boards, who will remain unmentioned, wrapped between two real estate guides (like the ones you get in the super market) and they were duct taped together. :doh: And it was a GL key book too!

Oh my God! was the book OK?

It made a 9.2 book come back 7.5. One of my first purchases on the boards so I didn't even bother taking out of the bag before sending it to be graded. I ate the grading costs and got my money back on the GL, though begrudgingly.

I had a cgc come in a regular old paper envelope once .. he may as well have sent me a broken teacup ... lol

I posted the picture here in aother topic along with the jerks ebay user name but don't seem to have the pic anymore