• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shady Ebay sellers question and my first post

65 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Although this is my first post I have met quite a few of you at shows etc and tried to pick a name that would ring true so you might remember me. Anyways, I am curious if there is a post here that lists shady dealers (mostly for ebay purchases)? I, by fluke, bid on some stuff by a dealer named robojo, and then doing a google search for something completely different (how to detect trimming and color touch), come across his name as the shadiest of the shady. I try to limit my stuff on ebay to cgc graded if its high grade unless theres a full return policy, but after reading that post, it got me worried.

- Best regards,

Brian Parnes

Welcome to the boards Brian.

ebay is his pimp

And yet we all can ask ourselves as to WHY?????!!!!! :frustrated: If the Law of Contracts truly applied, how could his totally fraudulent sales be allowed? :mad: If ebay allows this sort of crud to continue, well the, ebay should be avoided at all costs don't you think? ZERO TRUST

Well, if eBay received a slew of complaints from ripped off eBay buyers, you would think they would suspend him.

From what another forum member says in this thread, he quickly refunds the money in exchange for a positive remark. That's extortion in my book. :mad:

Well thanks, I think I just lost an hour of my life reading the posts on him. I retracted all my offers even though all but 1 were on cgc graded books. I did this because I don't want a good deal from a bad seller, even if my deal is legit. I've been on the wrong end of a few deals. I will say that I recently bought a book from someone named bijoubaby and it had very subtle color touch. Seller gave me full refund, but all of a sudden he got quite a few odd feedbacks, that should make one take pause. It would be nice to start a post with just names and fradulent issue in question. simple and quick for reference..

-Brian

Well thanks, I think I just lost an hour of my life reading the posts on him. I retracted all my offers even though all but 1 were on cgc graded books. I did this because I don't want a good deal from a bad seller, even if my deal is legit. I've been on the wrong end of a few deals. I will say that I recently bought a book from someone named bijoubaby and it had very subtle color touch. Seller gave me full refund, but all of a sudden he got quite a few odd feedbacks, that should make one take pause. It would be nice to start a post with just names and fradulent issue in question. simple and quick for reference..

-Brian

Not all of Robo's books are restored or overgraded and there is little risk buying a CGC graded book from him but I don't like to support a seller who has been dishonest in the past.

Kryptospidey, was that you who wrote me to warn me of bijoubaby via ebay email? If so, thanks. Also, I have his home address and phone number, so if anyone wants it, feel free to ask. I require that kind of info for any purchase over 1000$. bijoubaby's real last name is yeganyan

address:

BijouBaby05

PO Box 156912

San Francisco CA 94115-6912

Also beware of a seller named Jon Sheetz aka Jaclyn Schmitt. Bought ASM 2 CGC 8.0. I recieved a Jim Thorpe football card. Thanks to paypal, I got the full refund. And I got to keep a card thats worth something...

-Brian

Kryptospidey, was that you who wrote me to warn me of bijoubaby via ebay email? If so, thanks.

-Brian

^^

:applause: Hope my info helped.

There are two threads titled "Ebay Fail" here in General,read both..as well as search bijoubaby05 in the search function..they are discussed in other threads in other sub forums here...

Not all of Robo's books are restored or overgraded and there is little risk buying a CGC graded book from him but I don't like to support a seller who has been dishonest in the past.

I wouldn't be so sure... He is a very talented grifter and nothing is fool proof. Integrity is everything and he has none.

I wouldn't be so sure... He is a very talented grifter and nothing is fool proof. Integrity is everything and he has none.

Since he isn't welcome at other sales venues he is very careful to maintain his glowing feedback and avoids obvious fraud. He is dishonest to the core but I would trust his CGC books....still wouldn't buy from him at any price.

I posted the names/addresses because they are running a scam and the only constant is the name and address from the paypal account. For the fortunate luck with paypal, the names there seems to remain the same... I guess changing bank accounts is a bigger pain than ebay names.

I suspect his graded books that he sells are the ones he was able to tamper with without TOO much evidence showing and hopes to pass it off.

Everyone knows it's hard out here for a pimp...

...which also happened to be the most shameful Oscar ever "awarded."

:eyeroll:

One of my favorite Oscar moments was directly after that, before he won for best director, Jon Stewart said "The oscar count: 3-6 Mafia -1, Martin Scorsese 0."

Still makes me laugh.

-Brian

I've been looking at bijoubaby books for a while. If I have to go through the excitement of getting the book and the risk of finding CT I'll pass. No matter what happens, if the book comes back with CT the seller gets a neutral with a CT comment, but a prompt refund statement. Needless to say a few sellers refuse to sell to me now.

Am I the one being unfair?

Add to CT list: ausintipps

Add to grossly over grading list (sells as 9.8 comes in the mail as an 8.5): crapi77

Add to nut job list of threatening to kill you: mama75of2

-Brian

Or the unusual record setting prices he gets for them.

Also beware of a seller named Jon Sheetz aka Jaclyn Schmitt. Bought ASM 2 CGC 8.0. I recieved a Jim Thorpe football card. Thanks to paypal, I got the full refund. And I got to keep a card thats worth something...

-Brian

I remember seeing this book for sale, thanks for the heads up on this seller

Kryptospidey, was that you who wrote me to warn me of bijoubaby via ebay email? If so, thanks. Also, I have his home address and phone number, so if anyone wants it, feel free to ask. I require that kind of info for any purchase over 1000$. bijoubaby's real last name is yeganyan

address:

BijouBaby05

PO Box 156912

San Francisco CA 94115-6912

-Brian

What do you mean keep the card?

ebay is his pimp

And yet we all can ask ourselves as to WHY?????!!!!! :frustrated: If the Law of Contracts truly applied, how could his totally fraudulent sales be allowed? :mad: If ebay allows this sort of crud to continue, well the, ebay should be avoided at all costs don't you think? ZERO TRUST

Well, if eBay received a slew of complaints from ripped off eBay buyers, you would think they would suspend him.

From what another forum member says in this thread, he quickly refunds the money in exchange for a positive remark. That's extortion in my book. :mad:

He's on his third, or is it fourth, user name.

Once the heat gets high enough, he changes users and keeps on without missing a beat.

ebay is his pimp

He's on his third, or is it fourth, user name.

Once the heat gets high enough, he changes users and keeps on without missing a beat.

:popcorn: