• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Pre Robins in CLINK Auction

244 posts in this topic

keep in mind, I have a moderate action 13...and I turned down a 10K offer...so, this copy is comparable if not superior, hopefully the realized price will reflect that

And if an unrestored copy don't show up for a long period of time, your copy will do at least just that. :headbang:

willl do what?

The CL A13 is the only single copy for sale besides Rick's copy. If it does well and no other supply coming to the market, Rick's copy will eventually sale at $10K price he wants.

A complete cover(front and back) married to a different interior gets the GLOD. A married back cover, or front cover, gets the PLOD.

I thought an unrestoerd back cover is married with unrestored front cover and interior without any reinforcement is a GLOD.

No, the act of sealing the front and back covers together would make it a PLOD. It has to be a complete, unrestored cover to get the GLOD.

keep in mind, I have a moderate action 13...and I turned down a 10K offer...so, this copy is comparable if not superior, hopefully the realized price will reflect that

And if an unrestored copy don't show up for a long period of time, your copy will do at least just that. :headbang:

willl do what?

The CL A13 is the only single copy for sale besides Rick's copy. If it does well and no other supply coming to the market, Rick's copy will eventually sale at $10K price he wants.

it's hard for Rick (or anyone) to take less than a legit offer of $10k as it kind of sets FMV (even if the deal wasn't done). I can't recall the last legit blue label Action 13 (besides my 4.0 about four years ago) that came to public market. ???

willl do what?

it's hard for Rick (or anyone) to take less than a legit offer of $10k as it kind of sets FMV (even if the deal wasn't done). I can't recall the last legit blue label Action 13 (besides my 4.0 about four years ago) that came to public market. ???

Originally Posted By: nearmint

No, the act of sealing the front and back covers together would make it a PLOD. It has to be a complete, unrestored cover to get the GLOD.

Just to clarify. My A13 was initially graded a .5 blue label and I added the two center wraps and got a GLOD 1.8. My copy can still be a .5 blue label, with the centerwraps (place in the center, no seals of any sort) removed, it will be a .5 blue label again.

A complete cover(front and back) married to a different interior gets the GLOD. A married back cover, or front cover, gets the PLOD.

I thought an unrestoerd back cover is married with unrestored front cover and interior without any reinforcement is a GLOD.

Still sounds like a fraken book to me no matter how you slice it. Some use to say that pressing wasn't resto because nothing was added to the book/process but you can yank the stables, replace a whole cover [and presumably pages??] and its not considered resto? (shrug)

willl do what?

The other graded blue label was a 6.5 sold by Metro over five years ago. Now who has your former 4.0 copy. hm

Still sounds like a fraken book to me no matter how you slice it. Some use to say that pressing wasn't resto because nothing was added to the book/process but you can yank the stables, replace a whole cover [and presumably pages??] and its not considered resto? (shrug)

Steve posted years ago that the simple act of disassembly/assembly isn't resto. So, if you marry a cover, or a centerfold, you get the GLOD, and the label tells you what was added.

willl do what?

Originally Posted By: nearmint

Just to clarify. My A13 was initially graded a .5 blue label and I added the two center wraps and got a GLOD 1.8. My copy can still be a .5 blue label, with the centerwraps (place in the center, no seals of any sort) removed, it will be a .5 blue label again.

That makes sense. (thumbs u

Steve posted years ago that the simple act of disassembly/assembly isn't resto. So, if you marry a cover, or a centerfold, you get the GLOD, and the label tells you what was added.

I recall that but to me it should be PLOD's across the board as they are manufactured books either way.

I recall that but to me it should be PLOD's across the board as they are manufactured books either way.

To me the color of the label is irrelevant. The labels detail what was done. That's what's important.

willl do what?

Now who has your former 4.0 copy. hm
(shrug) once, it left my hands, it got buried in a collection.

I hope the 5.0 sells for a pretty price :grin:

Absolutely.

:mad: why aren't these tecs going down with the market....... :cry:

what a sweet looking 29 - any guesses on the reserve?

30K ?

that is what I would want, minimum, if I still had a 5.0 to sell

Absolutely.

30K ?

does that make a 5.0 Tec 31 worth $35k?

Absolutely.

30K ?

Tec 29 5.0 less supply and should always be worth more than tec 31 in same grade.

Absolutely.

30K ?

Tec 29 5.0 less supply and should always be worth more than tec 31 in same grade.

+1

The book that shocks me the most is the Action 13. Now don't get me wrong, Action 13 is a way cool book, but with the restoration, especially the married back cover, I am just completely and totally shocked at the bid (to the point I had to pitch the underwear I had on when I saw the price). :o

I guess this shows just how hot Action #13 is right now.

It's not everyday that you see a restored book be able to command multiples of guide. As we all know, restored books generally are able to sell at only a substantial discount to guide.

It'll definitely be interesting to see where this book finishes up at. hm

And it's slight resto with no color touch and no pieces added.

The label says slight, but in my mind a married cover puts the book in the extensive category. That means the front and back cover had to be re-attached. Pretty major in my book. Again, this is my opinion

+1

Definitely not slight resto in my mind also. (thumbs u

29 now at 25K. lol this is absurd.

Well, 2 weeks later and the book has hardly moved any further.

I guess a big jump out of the starting gates and now pretty well resting until the fireworks at the finish line.

Definitely a pretty clean and sharp looking copy for only a 5.0 grade. :cloud9: