• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Venom? WTF?

76 posts in this topic

I'm actually really looking forward to this title. I've really enjoyed Remender's Uncanny X-Force and I've always enjoyed Tony Moore's art. Plus this is a new-ish spin on a character I've never been interested in that's actually grabbed my attention.

Totally agree with this view (thumbs u

Spider-man Fan since I started reading at age 4 around issue 197-ish and I have personally stopped reading from issue 390ish to about 444 when the clone saga blew me out of the water time to quit spideys I thought.

Well later on I came back to read the Stracynscki or however the he ll you spell the guys name's take on the books.

Really enjoyed them till the Civil War when I quit reading again as I thought that spidey shooting is Secret identity to be Tony Starks bum buddy was about the stupidist thing next the clone saga.

Almost 100 issues later I started again with the Gauntlet and really enjoyed the Grim Hunt series and am now full throttle buying every issue since about 612 again. Quite enjoying the series.

I actually thought it was a stupid idea at first but who better than F#$(U T*#$*&$ to give the symbiote to in this instance as he was one who served for his country.

We all know where this is going though. He's gonna like walking and web swinging so much that they will bond permanently.

Almost 100% situation IMHO......

I would encourage anyone who hasn't been reading for the last few years to nab up some of the Avengers or New Avengers books along with the ASM title as it's finally becoming a book of interest again.

Rich

Here they are side by side... you've got to be able to tell that this is a new drawing intending to evoke the ASM 300 image and not a trace job. There are so many differences in pose and proportion that if you look at them for more than 2 seconds you will be able to see that pretty easily. It's everything I remember fondly about ASM 300 in something that's new in its own way.

asm300-31.jpgvenom_2_cover_by_eraserx-d389e8x.jpg

the angle of the gun is what kills it for me. just doesn't look good pointing the gun that way.

Imagine how much worse it would look if Humberto Ramos drew it doh!

+10,000,000

The Bs Tr D killed my favorite character - Hobgoblin..... ARRRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!

lol

I'm actually really looking forward to this title. I've really enjoyed Remender's Uncanny X-Force and I've always enjoyed Tony Moore's art. Plus this is a new-ish spin on a character I've never been interested in that's actually grabbed my attention.

Spider-man Fan since I started reading at age 4 around issue 197-ish and I have personally stopped reading from issue 390ish to about 444 when the clone saga blew me out of the water time to quit spideys I thought.

Me too. I started with Spidey and read all the way up to the Clone Saga. That was also around the time I went to college. Those 2 factors had me stop reading Spidey.

Well later on I came back to read the Stracynscki or however the he ll you spell the guys name's take on the books.

Really enjoyed them till the Civil War when I quit reading again as I thought that spidey shooting is Secret identity to be Tony Starks bum buddy was about the stupidist thing next the clone saga.

Again, me too. Stracynscki's run was what brought me back too. I actually liked how Spidey had grown up and was a science teacher. (I'm a math teacher, so I really thought it was cool.)

I didn't get too upset over the Civil War stuff, because they immediately threw it out with the Mephisto stuff. That had me leave the title again. Having Spidey without a secret identity was more interesting than the path they took. IMHO.

Almost 100 issues later I started again with the Gauntlet and really enjoyed the Grim Hunt series and am now full throttle buying every issue since about 612 again. Quite enjoying the series.

I actually thought it was a stupid idea at first but who better than F#$(U T*#$*&$ to give the symbiote to in this instance as he was one who served for his country.

We all know where this is going though. He's gonna like walking and web swinging so much that they will bond permanently.

I agree with the F#$(U T*#$*&$ comments completely! He's always wanted to be Spidey and now he'll have the abilities. Add to that he's been Peter Parker's nemesis since day one, they would make great opponents in the future. I'm actually buying the Venom series and picked up the Spidey books that introduced this idea.

Almost 100% situation IMHO......

I would encourage anyone who hasn't been reading for the last few years to nab up some of the Avengers or New Avengers books along with the ASM title as it's finally becoming a book of interest again.

Rich

Me too. I started with Spidey and read all the way up to the Clone Saga. That was also around the time I went to college. Those 2 factors had me stop reading Spidey.

Again, me too. Stracynscki's run was what brought me back too. I actually liked how Spidey had grown up and was a science teacher. (I'm a math teacher, so I really thought it was cool.) Wicked! I can see how you would relate to the character even moreso on that storyline or era of spidey's.

I didn't get too upset over the Civil War stuff, because they immediately threw it out with the Mephisto stuff. That had me leave the title again. Having Spidey without a secret identity was more interesting than the path they took. IMHO. Sucks it takes 300 issues for them to incorporate Mephisto into the ASM line though ...... last time I remember he was in it was issue #274..... one of my favorite issues from childhood. Mephisto VS the Beyonder in a game of emotion with Spider-Man's past coming back at him Ten fold!!!!!!!!

Even though I fell off the band wagon of ASM time to time, I usually went back and read the books on sites like DOTcomics etc etc.... just hate losing interest in a character because of a Pooper story line.... ARRRGHHHH!!! lol

We all know where this is going though. He's gonna like walking and web swinging so much that they will bond permanently. Almost 100% situation IMHO......

I agree with the F#$(U T*#$*&$ comments completely! He's always wanted to be Spidey and now he'll have the abilities. Add to that he's been Peter Parker's nemesis since day one, they would make great opponents in the future. I'm actually buying the Venom series and picked up the Spidey books that introduced this idea. .... lol lol lol ....... when ol FT finds out that Petey is SPIDER-MAN?!?!!? HOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!!!!!!!!! he's gonna have a brain spazm and a half!!! ;-)

Rich

Hopefully they keep the story lines good and rolling bro!!!!!!

Taker easy,

Rich

Thanks guys! I think the series will be decent. Not the Venom I have grown to love but should be good just the same. Will be cool to see the symbiote take control of Flash....as we all know is going to happen after that tease in issue #654.1! :headbang:

Do you think the series will continue after Flash's time frame/missions are complete? I wonder who they would use next? I hope 'ole Spidey and this new Venom get a battle on. I don't see Flash wanting to take on Spidey but a beefed out symbiote possessed Flash might? hm

I don't think Flash will even get to finish 20 missions. As seen in ASM 654.1, the symbiote took over him briefly and caused him to go berserk. I think venom and Spidey might have a fight though! Haha.. And I don't think Flash will be killed, either by Spidey or Kate.