• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1`st Captain America Movie Poster

109 posts in this topic

More doom and gloom from the Hollywood design committee. I would have liked to have seen something patterned after the WWII propaganda posters. Something upbeat, with victory as the goal. This poster screams defeatism, and sorrow, rather than optimism and hope. Disappointing.

I liked the poster at first but I have to agree with you on this one. (thumbs u

I agree also,this is lame.

Is this really suppose to make you want to see this movie?

doh!

Looks like he's in a poop storm.

You'd think they'd want him to at least look determined. He looks sleepy.

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Captain_America_Movie_Poster_2_by_hobo95.jpg

Jeebus Crackers...that poster is a million times better than the real version ::sigh::

Hello, any Hollywood types out there? THIS is a movie poster! Fire your current ad company and hire the guy/gal who did this one.

More doom and gloom from the Hollywood design committee. I would have liked to have seen something patterned after the WWII propaganda posters. Something upbeat, with victory as the goal. This poster screams defeatism, and sorrow, rather than optimism and hope. Disappointing.

This is exactly right. Captain America's first big time film. Hollywood has the chance to make something really special & inspiring during such a downbeat economy, etc.

Instead they give us something designed by buttercups, nosegays, & bluebells.

Will the sound track consist of New Wave songs?

I hope so.

:whee:

"Avenge" ashes from the sky, maybe it`s something to do with Bucky.

It`s just a teaser poster so who cares.

I`m just glad they did`nt get a brit to play him like Spider-man, Batman and Superman.

No offense to the brits.

Why?

Just curious...

Oops. F_T on scene!

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Well, if you want to get the old James Bond campy feel going, it would be perfect. hm

Oddly, it reminds me of a cover to an Allistair Maclean book. hm

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Well, if you want to get the old James Bond campy feel going, it would be perfect. hm

Oddly, it reminds me of a cover to an Allistair Maclean book. hm

Bless you poster, you're sending my copy higher and higher.

I've been critical of some of the pictures that have been released for this one, but I kind of like the poster (shrug)

I like the grey sky and gritty/dark feel of the poster; we are talking WW II. 2c

captain-america-poster_510.jpg

I like it. I find it to be strong dramatic image. I think the contrast between the explosion and the stillness of the central figure with head bowed to powerful.